Two "miracles" now confirmed, Pope John Paul II to be made a saint

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Lucky Pierre, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Lucky Pierre

Lucky Pierre Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Pope Francis has cleared the two for sainthood, officials said, including approving a miracle attributed to John Paul's intercession.

Two miracles are required for canonisation – the first, regarding a French nun whose recovery from Parkinson's disease could not be explained by a Vatican panel of medical experts.

The Vatican has yet to release details of the second miracle, but it is understood to concern the healing of a severely ill woman from Costa Rica on the very day that John Paul II was beatified. She and her family had prayed to the late pope for his intercession.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-II-to-be-made-a-saint-Vatican-announces.html

[​IMG]

2. Lucky Pierre

Reputations:
    As Bill Maher famously said... imagine you're a CEO of a nationwide chain of daycare centers.

You find out that your employees are molesting young boys. Do you turn them over the police? Shut down the operation? Improve background checks? No. None of the above. Instead, you strategically avoid calling the police and instead transfer the person to another daycare center where he goes to molest new victims over and over again.

Then we find out this CEO didn't do this just once or twice, but hundreds of times over a decade-long pattern around the globe. The children who are victimized are in the thousands.

What would we as a society think of such a CEO?

3. Lucky Pierre

Reputations:
    Another thing.... isn't prayer a Win/Win situation if you're God?

Families of ill, sick and dying relatives pray and pray and get no answer, "No he didn't heal our beloved relative, but rest assured, he must have a special plan, this is God's Will and we must respect and honor his decision because we know it was done for a loving reason that us humans aren't smart enough to understand. Even though God has the power to instantly heal her, I don't blame him one bit for not answering our prayer".

Then, for the tiny, tiny % where they are healed and recovery, "It's a miracle! Praying works! Even though you didn't do anything when my other relatives died, thank you so much for intervening this time. I give you (and not the medical staff) all the credit in the world for her recovery".

4. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Jesus Christ, what a bunch of horseshit.

5. jonpow

jonpow Tennessee Jed VIP

Reputations:
    We have really lowered the standard for miracles. What's next a snow cone that didn't melt?

6. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Lol, that about sums it up.

I would love to know who is on the Vatican medical panel. They need top MDs and PhDs who are also atheists.

7. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    I love how they play fast and loose with the definition of a miracle. It's basically any horseshit they cook up.

Why go through the lie pretense? Just bestow the title upon him and get back to shifting your money around to protect against lawsuits. :coffee:

8. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    They have those?? :wtf:

I want one! :buffet:

9. Lucky Pierre

Reputations:
    why the super strong desire to resist death and desperately hope for a miracle? They're going to a glorious paradise when they die, right?

hmmm, if they really believed this... Maybe they would act a bit different?

10. beatlejaws

beatlejaws nowhere poster

Reputations:
    as Father Sarducci once said, "Sure he had three miracles under his belt. But two of them were card tricks."

11. Ridic Too

Ridic Too New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Nice. I was always a PJP II fan.

12. boxers

boxers Guest

Reputations:
    The Vatican is getting away with it....it really is a miracle

13. boxers

boxers Guest

Reputations:
    I seen the Exorsist when I was a kid. That shit is fuckin real, man