Type O Negative appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Music' started by YodaQuiversStern, Apr 12, 2016.

1. YodaQuiversStern

YodaQuiversStern Turn and face the strange

Reputations:
    One of my all-time favorite rock bands. RIP Pete.

Outoftune likes this.
  2. Outoftune

Outoftune Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Mine too, was fortunate enough to see them twice, once in 2003 and once in 2007. Believe it or not but for some reason when i saw them the last time i knew it would be the last time i was ever going to see them, still can't put my finger on it what it was that made me feel that way. Pete seemed pretty sober and he sounded pretty good actually but he did sat down next to the drumkit a few times during songs if he didn't have to sing, wich was kindof strange. But i remember standing there and really taking in the moment and i am glad i did. Most people i know aren't that much into them wich is a shame. They are missing out on some really original, creative, heavy yet melodic and dare i say emotionally authentic music? Pete was the real deal and there won't ever be a guy like him or a band like them ever again.

Loved their dark sense of humor btw, those guys were fucking hysterical. One of my favorite qoutes is from this interview they did where the interviewer asked Kenny what his former dayjob was like to wich Kenny replied "i used to be a New York City plumber, i've seen the bowels of Manhattan", when the same question was asked to Pete he replied "i was a park worker for the city of New York, and i saw the bowels of homeless people". :rs:

Some footage of the last show i've seen..

Me raping one of their songs.

YodaQuiversStern likes this.
  3. This_Little_Piggy

This_Little_Piggy New Member

Reputations:
    October Rust was a Masterpiece.

YodaQuiversStern likes this.