Unconscious skydiver rescued mid-air captured on helmet camera

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Jan 30, 2014.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;tZHag3DBTaA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZHag3DBTaA[/video]

2. SuperFarts

SuperFarts Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Robin, if it wasnt for GoPro, this guy would have died. Its a whole thing".

3. squigglyline

squigglyline Double Secret Probation Gold

Reputations:
    Holy shit!

4. Icculus

Icculus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that. I get wobbly knees and dizziness from walking up a fire tower.

5. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I'm cynical.

If unconscious, how is one performing the "arch" required to remain stable in flight, rather than spinning or worse, nosediving and greatly exceeding the fall speed of the rescuers?

If unconscious, why is his head mounted camera tracking his rescuers, rather than flopping around wildly?

Pretty lucky he regained consciousness before landing or he'd certainly have had broken bones landing in that type of chute w/o a flare. Also, the odds of landing in soft grass and not pavement, a lake, a fence, etc. are not great unguided. Gee, lucky.

They look pretty calm for rescuing someone who got knocked out. But what you'd expect if he was merely dazed (or feigning disability)

It takes a pretty good knock to lose consciousness with a helmet on. It happened seconds after exiting the plane when the closing rate of the other diver couldn't have been all that different.

Any promotional angle to this by the people involved?

Verdict: Exaggerated headline and story, exaggerated description to media by the participants, or guerrilla marketing hoax.