News Unequal opportunity race/ CAUTION!....White guilt

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Parents outraged at school's video teaching 'white guilt'

GLEN ALLEN, Va. — A school district in Virginia has decided not to use a video about race and affirmative action after it made students uncomfortable and drew criticism from parents who called it “white guilt.”
    The video was shown at Glen Allen High School during two assemblies for Black History Month and depicts several runners on a track, with black runners facing insurmountable obstacles while white runners are unimpeded.
    “While we as educators do not object to difficult and constructive conversations about American history and racial discourse past and present, we understand why many people feel this video in particular was not the best way to deliver such an important lesson,” Henrico County Superintendent Patrick C. Kinlaw said in a statement Wednesday.
    Don Blake’s granddaughter attended the assembly.
    “They are sitting there watching a video that is dividing them up from a racial standpoint. It’s a white guilt kind of video,” Blake told WWBT. “I think somebody should be held accountable for this.”
    The four-minute video is titled “Structural Discrimination: The Unequal Opportunity Race.” It was created for the African American Policy Forum.
    Luke Harris, co-founder of the group and an associate professor of political science at Vassar College, told The Washington Post that the video was produced for “elementary and secondary schools or in college studies courses.”
    “We found that the video has a huge impact on the people that we’re showing it to,” he told the newspaper. “Most of us know very little about the social history of the United States and its contemporary impact. It was designed as a tool to throw light on American history.”
    A phone call to the group from The Associated Press was not answered and voicemail was full. An email was not immediately returned.
    Administrators across the district have been instructed not to use the video, said school board chairwoman Michelle Ogburn in a statement. She apologized to those who were offended.
    “In addition, steps are being taken to prevent the use of racially divisive materials in the future,” Ogburn said.
    The video comes four months after a student mistakenly played a song over the public address system before a football game that was a racist parody of the “DuckTales” theme song.

2. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
  3. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Thread of the year

4. Abner Devereaux

Abner Devereaux Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So the point of that video was "you can try but you will fail so probably best not to bother"?

Or was it just to make whites feel bad about winning in life before they even live life?

Couldn't they just spend some extra time on math and science instead?

austin54, Slow, kingship and 13 others like this.
  5. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Yeah because when you're white, life is just an endless string of un-earned wins!

What a load of horseshit.
    Go to school. Stay out of trouble. Work hard. Be a good neighbor.
    There it is.

Brokenbad, Batwings, Wiggy and 21 others like this.
  6. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    America is a place where if you look different and were once hated, you can't succeed ever.

Sincerely,

Asians

7. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    If you wanted to show how poorly blacks were doing when compared to whites, why would one pick running track as your metaphor? Why not basketball?

A more applicable metaphor is hockey or swimming.

Also, the obstacles blacks face used to be actual racism. Someone didn't like you because you were black. Now, the "racism" has little to do with your skin color, and far more to do with the fact that you likely disagree with the fundamentals of living in a civilized society. things like speaking proper English (or Spanish), showing up to work on time matter.

The good news for blacks worried about "white prove ledge" is that milleneals are becoming all the more annoying.

8. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
    Pretty sad what the blacks did to racism. It's a joke now.

kingship and babybear like this.
  9. Homerj123

Homerj123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They keep trying to shame us with all of this "white guilt" BS, so let me ask this, putting aside all of the trying to make me feel bad about working my ass off to get where I am today, tell me, what do they want us to do? What is the endgame?

Do they want me to find the nearest black person and give them my house while I still pay the mortgage? Do they want me to chauffeur them around ala "Driving Miss Daisy" with the roles reversed? There are black families in my neighborhood with the same size house (some bigger) as mine.

When I teach, I treat ALL my students the same, whether black, white, Asian, Indian, etc. I don't tell the black kids to go to another room so I can teach the other kids the "real" lesson. This is getting too ridiculous.

10. floplop

floplop Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why are blacks 13 percent of the population and 85 percent on Jerry Springer, Maury, Judge Judy, Steve Wilkos and all those shitty trashy shows?? Because they are willing to act the fool and drag down there race for a few bucks and a free trip to the show..that's why.

11. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
    The real reason is simple: bad leadership.

Good leaders recognize and solve problems. They speak the hard truths.

Bad leaders lander to the ones they're leading and tell them that everything's gonna be ok. They blame the problem on someone else.

The black community has bad leaders. They blame everyone else for their problems, and they are their problems. Crime, drugs, lack of education, improsonment... Blacks suffer from these far more than any other class of people per capita. The black leaders don't encourage staying in school, there's an entire black movement to punish the police, black leaders lower the standards, and now they blame whitey.

It's precisely this shit that provides motive to the corrupt black community leaders (of which, the potus is one) to frame people like Bill Cosby. Look closer at the black communities and you'll see that smaller leaders like Bill are suddenly nowhere to be found. Where'd they all go?

Why are they progressing this shit? Because the liberal leaders chickens are coming home to roost. Liberal leadership is a Ponzi scheme that uses blame instead of money.

Brokenbad, babybear and Homerj123 like this.
  12. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    if it makes the blacks any happier the truth is that life ain't anywhere that easy for the vast majority of whites either
    (especially these days)

whites who assume they gonna get just because they white are fucked in the new millennium

see some people will try to build all up
    I prefer to knock em all down
    i'm not a positive person

Turtle Man likes this.
  13. Runaway

Runaway Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I only WISH I had all the 'privilege' they think I have. Nobody ever gave me nothin!

VarmintSam and TeeDonkey like this.
  14. Bristol Chicken

Bristol Chicken Free Range and Loving It Gold

Reputations:

[​IMG] That you will go to school. Stay out of trouble. Work hard. Be a good neighbor.

Brokenbad, babybear and TeeDonkey like this.
  15. TeeDonkey

TeeDonkey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yeap, still waiting for my privilege to kick in. When it does, I'm gonna live ghetto rich. So I got that going for me.....

Runaway likes this.
  16. babybear

babybear r.i.p 8/3/15, Wherewolf of AZ VIP

Reputations:
    I don't feel guilty about shit.
    and to make myself feel even better the 55 + retirement community
    I'm moving to here in AZ is 98.7 % white.

kingship likes this.
  17. SorryBoff

SorryBoff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    But hasn't it pretty much been determined blacks were original man? They had a significant head start on everybody else. Maybe if they didn't invent slavery, then eventually sell their own people to other races they'd be alot better off?

Wouldn't a better race analogy be the Bugs Bunny cartoon where he laid down during the race while the crafty tortoise kept going?

upload_2016-2-13_8-38-25.jpeg

18. bluedevil30

bluedevil30 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Simple guide to the way out of poverty (black, white, native American, etc.)

1. Stable home environment
    2. Stay in school
    3. Avoid drugs and crime
    4. Kids don't have kids

The more you play the race card, the more race is in play.

19. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Do local pipefitter unions get the contracts to build the school to prison pipelines?

20. Rabid Dogman

Rabid Dogman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I live in a very white area, in an exceptionally white state. Even so, there are a handful of black people, American and foreign alike, who go to my college. Some of them are in a couple of my classes. Now, I would like nothing more than for my preconceived notions about black people to be shattered by my interactions with these individuals, but alas, I am consistently disappointed. The black individuals I have classes with are loud, disruptive, and disinterested in receiving any sort of education. In every class I have with these black students, they consistently leave about 10 minutes after class has started and don't return until about 10 minutes before its over, and when they are physically present in class, they talk loudly to each other about whatever bullshit they're doing on their respective computers or tablets. Another individual physically harasses both men and women in the hallways, etc. I'm not saying this is true for all black people everywhere, but my personal experience seems to suggest a very un-PC conclusion. I think people (students, teachers) are afraid to say anything for fear of being called a racist, but it's becoming a bigger problem.

austin54 likes this.