News Unsolved mysteries and crime stuff

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Zelda, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Zelda

Zelda Legit Boss

Reputations:
    I have a weird obsession with crime stories and unsolved mysteries. Anyone else as weird as me? It can be our own Serial.

Here is my current obession unsolved mystery. Anyone hear this story? Thoughts? Discuss.
    DISAPPEARED IN GEORGIA: 5 UNANSWERED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DEATH OF KELLY
    April 12, 2015 by Crime Feed Staff
    Share this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShare this on Google+
    [​IMG]
    On the morning of January 5, 2015 Kelly Nash vanished from his Gwinnett County home in Buford Georgia. Sadly, five weeks after Kelly vanished, a fisherman discovered his body floating in Lake Lanier, only a few miles from his home.

The Sheriff’s office gave Investigation Discovery the exclusive update that Kelly died from a gunshot wound and subsequent drowning. His autopsy report has yet to be released to the public, but police have not ruled out foul play. What happened to this hardworking college student, who had so many loving friends and family? Here are some questions that remain unanswered:

[​IMG]
    Kelly and his girlfriend Jessica

1. What happened in the hours leading to Kelly’s disappearance?

Kelly’s family and investigators needed to build a timeline of events leading to his disappearance. Starting from the night of January 4, investigators were able to see that Kelly had been on CCTV footage at the gas station at the intersection of Buford Dam Road and Little Mill Road, just around the corner from his home. Kelly’s mother Beverly shared the footage with local news stations, noting that he got out of the car at 9PM and was on the phone with his live-in girlfriend. By 11:30PM, Kelly was back at home and getting ready for bed.

Kelly suffered from recurring sinus infections and opted to sleep on the couch, so Jessica could get a good night’s sleep before going to work. Jessica awoke once during the evening around 3:30AM to check on Kelly as he was awake in the living room playing video games. At 7:30AM when Jessica got up to take out their dogs, Kelly was gone. Kelly left without his wallet, money, credit cards, ID, phone, keys or pickup truck.

[​IMG]
    Kelly and his father Alan

2. Was Kelly associated with a violent or dangerous crowd?

A private investigator quickly began working with the Nash family. Despite endless searching, the investigator, friends and family did not discover anything suspicious about Kelly’s acquaintances. Kelly was a full-time college student, worked at his dad’s construction company and spent the rest of his time with his girlfriend. Kelly’s father, Alan Nash confirmed:

“This is the problem, we can’t find anything bad that Kelly was associated with. While we’ve tried…. You’re trying to find a starting point. Is there something that he was doing that none of his family members would know? This was not a young man tied up in some dark-world situation.”

Moreover, Kelly had no history of mental illness or drug abuse.

3. Did Kelly walk to get medicine for his sinuses or try to go to his dad’s house?

A nearby convenience store video revealed a shadowy figured at 4:30AM on the morning of Kelly’s disappearance. The footage was too dark and grainy to identify the individual. The store is on the way to Kelly’s father’s house, but why would he have walked to his dad’s house without his belongings in the middle of a cold night? Nash’s father implored someone in the community to come forward:

“It’s basically impossible to know if that was Kelly. If someone knows that that was them, in that video, I would love for them to come forward so we could, at least, strike that off saying, no, that wasn’t him.”

4. Did Kelly have access to gun?

Kelly did own a Glock 9mm. Unfortunately, no one has been able to find the gun. Kelly’s father also noted that his son did not regularly carry the weapon.

[​IMG]
    Kelly and his mother Beverly

5. Did Kelly hear something outside of his home in the middle of the night and try to investigate?

Jessica noticed that the garage door, which the couple used to exit and enter the home, was ajar. With the gun missing and after noticing that his video game had gone idle, Jessica speculated that he could have briefly stepped outside. Did Kelly hear something strange and go outside without his phone or keys? None of these elements indicated a crime, but they did seem strange to his family.

Upon the discovery of their son’s body, the Nash family retreated from social media and asked for time to grieve in peace. Despite the discovery of Kelly’s body, there are many lingering questions about the Kelly Nash case.

If you have any more information about the death of Kelly Nash, please contact the Gwinnett County Police Department at 770-513-5330.

Photos: Courtesy of the Nash Family

2. IPrankNoOneElse

IPrankNoOneElse Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  3. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Jessica is not guilty.

Wiggy and Lemmy like this.
  4. Zelda

Zelda Legit Boss

Reputations:
    I was about to say "why" etc, etc. Then I realized you thought she was hot. Lol oh boy.

5. Stretch5000

Stretch5000 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In my family, we are still trying to find out who stole the cookies from the cookie jar. #Justice4OatmealRaisin

6. chrisfromvegas

chrisfromvegas HOOLIGAN VIP

Reputations:
    I'm good at figuring this stuff out but need more info.

I need to know his finances, her finances his families finances, who had how much insurance.
    Toxicology, bullet wound details, location of his gun, did they drag the lake, who his friends are, their finances, ect.
    Need cell phone records, not only calls but locations for the last 90 days.
    Where has Mr. Innocent been?

It wasn't a prowler.
    It was someone he knew or suicide.
    There would have been signs of struggle or blood outside the garage if it was a prowler.

I suspect some kind of double life. Either sex or drugs.
    Sleeping on the couch because of sniffles? Not buying it.

Zelda likes this.
  7. Zelda

Zelda Legit Boss

Reputations:
  8. Zelda

Zelda Legit Boss

Reputations:
    I agree too. There is alot more on this. The gf is very suspicios. But I agree. Either suicide or maybe the gf had something to do with it.

9. sumiyoshi

sumiyoshi Member

Reputations:
    Check out The Sword & Scale podcast & website. All true crime

Fatass, Not Sure and Zelda like this.
  10. chrisfromvegas

Reputations:
    And never take people's answers seriously.
    People have really bad memories and lie like rugs.

Some people have sneaky, pre paid phones when up to no good. So a cell phone let at home means nada.

Father said he didn't often carry.
    Means nothing.

Things that make me suspicious.
    Sleeping on the couch because if the sniffles.
    To me that means there was an argument.

She checked on him at 3:30am?
    What, is he an infant?

Start checking her out.

Did the house seem "wiped clean"
    HHHhhhmmm.

Zelda likes this.
  11. chrisfromvegas

Reputations:
    Cool. Will do.

12. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    One-third of the murders in America go unsolved.
    Yes, unless you kill your wife-- you have about a 30% chance of laughing about it, on your own back porch, for life. If you decide the old lady has to go, better use the old hot tub trick, its the best one.

2015: More than 211,000 homicides committed since 1980 remain unsolved – a body count greater than the population of Des Moines, Iowa.
    That figure is not readily apparent in the U.S. Department of Justice's annual estimate of killings considered cleared through arrest, but a little digging at Scripps News revealed it.

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  13. chrisfromvegas

Reputations:
    Disconnet the gas furnace vent, get the person drunk.
    Carbon Monoxide.
    Bye, bye.

14. Zelda

Zelda Legit Boss

Reputations:
    There are ALOT of weird death around this lake too.

15. chrisfromvegas

Reputations:
    Umm, something in the water perhaps?

:evil:

Zelda likes this.
  16. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    Gambling debts possibly involved? He disappeared at the end of football season....

chrisfromvegas likes this.
  17. Zelda

Zelda Legit Boss

Reputations:
    Ahhh interesting theory!

18. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    yes, and wear gloves.
    I watch Forensic Files on TV, and its surprising how many people successfully commit murder, only to get caught when they do it again. or after their third.
    50+ years ago, before forensics, DNA, and all that, it was stupid easy to get away with murder.

AmericasJudge and chrisfromvegas like this.
  19. Zelda

Zelda Legit Boss

Reputations:
    I don't understand the part he was in the car by 9 and on the phone with his gf at 11:30? They didnt say what happened in those 2 1/2 hours..

chrisfromvegas likes this.
  20. chrisfromvegas

Reputations:
    Most forensics are a lie.
    Fingerprints.
    It's BS
    Was never proven, people just go along with it.

Nova: Forensics On Trial

Not trying to crap up your thread, Zombiebutt. Thought this might be interesting.

Fatass and GloriaGrace like this.