News Up to 700 feared dead after migrant boat sinks off Libya

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by jason long, Apr 19, 2015.

1. jason long

jason long Active Member

Reputations:
    I get all kind of emotions over this kind of shit. It is a tragedy and I feel terrible knowing there were woman and children with their lives in front of them who died in the worst possible way, drowning. Their country is so shitty they will risk THIS for the chance of a new life. Even though I watched a documentary on vice about it, and basically when they get to Italy they are essentially kept in these special villages away from the main population and while life is somewhat better than living in a war torn country, they don't have all the freedoms and are highly persecuted.

However, they know the risk. They know its illegal. They know theres a good chance they will die So if they go against all of their instincts and still step foot on that boat, they are responsible for whatever happens to them. So going by that logic, its hard for me to feel any kind of remorse for them. Am I thinking straight on this?

The EU really needs to wake the hell up and do what the US does to Cubans, send em back. I know its much more water to cover but still they have a Navy. If this was the US Navy dealing with the situation, this problem would be totally eradicated as these fools would know they would have 0 and when I say 0 I mean zero point zero chance of making it.

PALERMO, Italy (Reuters) - As many as 700 people were feared dead after a fishing boat packed with migrants capsized off the Libyan coast overnight, in what may be one of the worst disasters of the Mediterranean migrant crisis, officials said on Sunday.

Twenty eight people were rescued and 24 bodies recovered from the 20 meter-long vessel, which sank around 70 miles from the Libyan coast, south of the southern Italian island of Lampedusa, the Italian coast guard said.

If confirmed, the death toll would bring the total number of dead since the beginning of the year to more than 1,500 as the flow of migrants seeking to flee poverty, war and insecurity in sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East has continued.

The new deaths fueled calls for a stronger response from Europe to the increasingly deadly migrant crisis playing out in the Mediterranean. International aid groups and Italian authorities have criticized the European Union's "Triton" border protection operation, which recently replaced the more comprehensive Italian search-and-rescue mission "Mare Nostrum".

"A tragedy is unfolding in the Mediterranean, and if the EU and the world continue to close their eyes, it will be judged in the harshest terms as it was judged in the past when it closed its eyes to genocides when the comfortable did nothing," Maltese Prime Minister Joseph Muscat said.

http://news.yahoo.com/700-feared-dead-migrant-boat-sinks-off-libya-075204807.html

kinneyjames likes this.
  2. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    700 people on a 60 foot boat never had a chance. It's not the EU's fault.

3. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Moooooooslims make shitty sailors.................

4. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    This is where the Muslim world is headed, and it's why the Western world will lose the culture battle.

The Obama Admin has done wonders to exacerbate the situation by fomenting revolution in Libya, Egypt, Tunisia, Syria and Iraq. Basically, the USA has not helped a world situation in decades. We've only messed things up further.

5. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    The children don't have a choice, it's horrifying to even imagine the terror

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  6. kinneyjames

kinneyjames Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm willing to bet these poor souls were fleeing from muslim rule. As if this story isn't horrible enough, it will likely be buried behind real news like Target's web site crashing, or the daily 'viral video' from some asshole with an iPhone.

Thousands have died crossing the Mediterranean sea this year. Crickets for the ghosts.

7. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    Bush and Cheney had nothing to do with it, huh?

Gusbuss likes this.
  8. goldtopper

goldtopper Well Known Heterosexual Gold

Reputations:
    Hell, Italy, Sicily and Sardinia are getting the worst of it. Fuck the EU, they're the ones allowing muzzies to outbreed their own people and complain when their countries are in this mess.

Sharks gotta eat, same as worms.

9. KDK12

KDK12 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Italy should treat this for what it is, an invasion. Force them to turn around or sink the fuckers.

10. Bentknee

Bentknee Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You do know that we have a wet foot/dry foot policy with Cubans, meaning that if they make it to shore they get to stay, don't you? That policy has only encouraged more Cubans to make the risky trip, not discourage them.

11. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    Read more closely.

But no, the "Arab Spring" debacle is completely on Obama's amateur hour crew.

12. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    I am more upset that the place I normally get a sammich from on Sundays is closed. today for some reason. :pissed:

13. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    it's never the fault of the left. they are perfect in every way. you would know this if you read more progressive media. :grad:

ohmicah and June DeMay like this.
  14. sstressed

Reputations:
    as far as those people drowning, is this the boat where everybody ran to one side to look at another boat?

brilliant move.

RIP to the innocents.

they invade and then bitch and whine about the country they invaded. we have the same problem with invaders, i mean almost new citizens, but it would be raysis to mention it.

15. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    Thanks Obama

Lemmy likes this.
  16. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    I was once called very immature for using that word. I told 'em it was a chicago thing.

Lemmy likes this.
  17. they're at it again

they're at it again Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    All racist whitey needs to do is build a bridge to Africa and let the poor immigrants walk across the bridge and enter at will like we do here in America.
    Why should the non privilege of Africa not have the same rights and opportunities as the whites of europe?
    Don't they know that massive uncheck immigration is a net gain for their country and economy, just ask Barack O'muslim, the democrats and the us chamber of commerce.

Limo Wreck and isabella like this.
  18. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    I am immature because I laugh at poop jokes too. Fuck it.

Fawkesguy and Shortwave98 like this.
  19. they're at it again

they're at it again Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    You mean like the Mexican and south american invaders do here?

20. sstressed

Reputations:
    as a legal immigrant who got in line and jumped through all the legal hoops, i'm very excited that asians, africans, muslims, europeans and those down south who sneak in and pump out babies are as welcome as we were. more welcome actually as we never got a dime from the gubment.

it's a great thing for this country because everybody knows that white people are evil and diversity is our only path to salvation. 20 plus million adult invaders is a whole lot of diversity. as soon as they can bring in grandma and mom and brothers and sisters and aunts and, well... it will all work out. really.

nothing to see here, move on dot org!

:flag: