News Updated: Drunk Drives Into Oklahoma Parade, Kills 4, Bitch Now Charged With Murder

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Oct 24, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    3 dead after car hits crowd at Oklahoma State parade
    [​IMG]
    (CNN)[Breaking news update at 1:56 p.m. ET]

Three people died when a car hit a crowd during a parade Saturday morning in Stillwater, Oklahoma, a police official in that city said.

Eight were flown by "air ambulance" after suffering critical injuries, seven suffered "serious injuries" and seven others had less serious injuries, Kyle Gibbs of that city's police department said at a press conference.

Gibbs added that the 25-year-old woman who drove a car into those people has been arrested for allegedly driving under the influence. That woman is in a jail in Stillwater.

[Original story published at 1:43 p.m. ET]

A car careened into people who were watching an Oklahoma State University homecoming parade in Stillwater on Saturday morning, sending spectators "flying" into the air and injuring an undetermined number of them, a witness said.

OSU spokeswoman Carrie Hulsey-Greene confirmed that an "accident" occurred during the parade near the campus, but she did not describe what happened.

Paul Sims, an OSU graduate student, told CNN that he was watching the end of the parade with his daughter around 10:30 a.m. CT when a car hit other spectators across the street from where he was standing.

"I can't describe it any more clearly than this: People flying in the air," Sims said. "(The) vehicle ... came to rest not long after they hit the first set of people."

The incident happened at the intersection of Hall of Fame and Main streets, just a few blocks from campus, Hulsey-Greene said.

"Oklahoma State University is saddened by the tragic parade incident earlier this morning," the school said on its Twitter account. "Our thoughts & prayers are with those affected."

The incident happened about four hours before the OSU-Kansas University football game at Stillwater's Boone Pickens Stadium.

Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin said on Twitter that the state's "thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the tragic events" at Oklahoma State.

Kansas University commented on the incident through its athletic department Twitter account: "Our thoughts are with Oklahoma State and those involved in the tragic accident this morning."

CNN's Greg Botelho contributed to this report.

2. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    are they going to be okay?

3. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    How horrible. Can you imagine, you take your family to what you think will be a fun event, and then this happens. :facepalm:

I have ZERO tolerance for drunk drivers. Throw the book at this miserable piece of shit.

4. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    10 30 am and loaded right to the limit

fucking hell

5. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:
    Adacia Avery Chambers

...guilty

6. GLguygardner

GLguygardner WE DA BEST!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Morning drinking is the worst. My body is not built for that anymore:oops:

7. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wouldn't you lay down and pray for the room to stop spinning before you did something like drive into a crowd at a fucking parade?!?!

8. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    At least 3 killed at Oklahoma State University homecoming parade after alleged drunken driver slams into crowd
    [​IMG]David Bitton/AP
    At least three people were killed and nearly two dozen more were injured at Oklahoma State University's homecoming parade Saturday morning when a suspected drunk driver slammed into a crowd watching the celebration, police said.

"People were flying 30 feet into the air like rag dolls," OSU alumna and parade-goer Konda Walker told the Stillwater News Press.

The vehicle — a sedan that was not a part of the parade’s motorcade — crashed into spectators near the end of the route by the Stillwater campus, Stillwater police Capt. Kyle Gibbs said at a Saturday press conference.

The driver, 25-year-old Adacia Chambers, was arrested for suspicion of DUI in the 10:30 a.m. crash, Gibbs said. She is not a student at the school.

A fleet of medical helicopters responded to the wreck, which left three people dead and wounded another 22, Gibbs said.

Eight of the wounded are in critical condition, while seven others are in serious, officials said. Another seven suffered less serious injuries.

[​IMG]@GeoffHaxton via Twitter
    The driver, 25-year-old Adacia Chambers, was arrested for suspicion of DUI in the 10:30 a.m. crash, Gibbs said. She is not a student at the school.
    Officials have not identified any of the victims.

Chambers drove through barricades set up for the parade before she crashed into the crowd, police said.

She first hit a Stillwater police officer's motorcycle and then barreled into the parade-goers packed on a street corner, cops said.

“I think the car was going between 45 and 50 mph, and it just barreled into everybody that was there,” witness Megan Lantz, 32, told The Oklahoman. “We were facing the parade and heard tires squealing and then started to hear the car hitting things and people and there was screaming and people running away."

The OSU Cowboys are set to play the Kansas Jayhawks Saturday afternoon in the team's annual homecoming game. The football match will go on as scheduled, Oklahoma State University President Burns Hargis said.

[​IMG]HANDOUT/REUTERS
    The vehicle was not part of the motorcade in the parade, witnesses said.
    The school's homecoming weekend draws scores of alumni to the Stillwater campus every year.

“Oklahoma State University is saddened by the tragic parade incident earlier this morning. Our thoughts & prayers are with those affected.” the school tweeted.

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  9. maroon

maroon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    ya, I hate stories like this, we've all been to a parade with family so it hits close to home how random and senseless to lose someone forever like this...you just want to lock your kid up in the playroom, fuck it.
    whenever my kid calls from college, my first instinct I have to fight is, WHAT, WHAT IS IT?, ARE YOU OK???...i'm a fucken mental case with her....

10. Skipnoid

Skipnoid Lick Me!

Reputations:
    Too soon.

11. Skipnoid

Skipnoid Lick Me!

Reputations:
    Prob'ly up partying all night.

cetiya, 1Vegasgirl and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  12. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    was the driver..??

[​IMG]

13. Skipnoid

Skipnoid Lick Me!

Reputations:
    My kid never calls from college ... so I got that going for me.
    Coincedentally, he's about 10 feet away from me right now :D

14. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'm old I guess
    The idea of that utterly exhausts me now

15. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:
    She packed my bags last night pre-flight
    Zero hour nine a.m.
    And I'm gonna be hiiiiiiiiiigh as a kite by then...

deadbeat and honestmaxx like this.
  16. Biff DiBiase

Biff DiBiase Philanthropist and accountant at Larry, Inc. POTY Stern Forum Gold

Reputations:
    I think @ClintDagger was there when it happened. Thought I saw him mention it in the macho thread earlier.

17. Skipnoid

Skipnoid Lick Me!

Reputations:
    This is why I never attend parades.

18. maroon

maroon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    ya, i'm with you, trust me, that's why when her face pops up on my cell, I go into panic mode....

19. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    That's because you're a good daddy :hug:

:winner:

20. TheWakening

TheWakening Well-Known Member

Reputations: