USA TODAY TV critic ponders the fate of AGT

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TaTa Toothy, Jul 24, 2012.

1. TaTa Toothy

TaTa Toothy New Member

Reputations:
    Ofaha! The critcs smell blood in the water. Yeah, I'm real sure NBC want Wiggy back for another season of shitty rattings. And he can be had for a boatload of marbles.

[​IMG]Critic's Corner

By Robert Bianco

"Here's the question NBC will have to answer soon: Is America's Got Talent (tonight, 8 ET/PT) dropping like a stone in the ratings because America's got too many talent shows, or is the stone tied to the show itself and its new judging panel?

If it's the former, there's not much NBC can do short of convincing Fox to cancel American Idol and The X Factor.
    If it's the latter — and the lack of chemistry and, outside of Howard Stern, competence on that panel certainly can't be helping — then don't be surprised if Talent becomes the latest contest to get a youth overhaul when the run is done
    Or NBC could just replace Sharon Osbourne with Leah Remini, which if nothing else would inspire some talk."

2. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
  3. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Outside of Howard? He is to judging what sandusky is to babysitting.

4. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, they need judges that are in their 20's. No one wants to hear what old wig woman Stern thinks.

5. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Watch out, Robert Bianco. Howard & Donnie will have you fired!

6. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    clandestine! :ninja:

7. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Seriously, he is blaming Howie and Sharon for bringing down Howard?!? Last time I checked, both Howie and Sharon have been on the show for years and the ratings haven't taken a dip. Howard comes on the show and the ratings fall apart and it is because Howie and Sharon are dragging down the ratings?

What kind of hack is this guy. The ratings have dropped since Howard came aboard and he is pointing to everyone but Howard to why it has.

8. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    what if the wig becomes a judge? just asking. do you think he and howie would argue a lot or do u think they would get along swimmingly

9. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why? He is arguing that Howard is the only thing keeping the ratings afloat and Howie and Sharon are the ones bringing down the ratings. Howard and Donnie might get him to replace Jon Hein as the resident HSS spinmeister for the ratings.

10. urbanshocker

urbanshocker New Member

Reputations:
    Leah Remini? Really? Well, I guess that makes sense....

Doesn't it bother Howard that his peers are David Hasselhoff, Piers Morgan, Howie Mandell, Sharon Osborne and Leah Remimi?

I'm starting to feel stupid as I bought into the King of All Media schtick; Howard was so much better off when he had the appearance of a man who could be A-list if not for his wife/normal life/boring friends.

Now that he's eligible for A-list status he's been revealed as a true D-lister who married a D-list model, is involved with third-rate projects like AGT, and surrounds himself with has-beens and nobodies--he's not really in the Jimmy Kimmel/Courtney Cox/Demi Moore circle--he's more like the old weird guy at the bar that makes you laugh so you and your buddies buy him a beer from time to time.

Sad.

11. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm on some antibiotics that fuck with my digestive system and apparently have some kind of effect on my cognitive thinking.

Please explain:
    Is this freak saying that Howard Stern is the only competent judge on AGT? That Howie Mandel and Sharon Osbourne are keeping the show down?
    Is he suggesting that Howard Stern isn't the SOLE reason this program (a previous summer powerhouse in ratings) is "dropping like a stone"?

12. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    "you know Robin, I heard some terrible things about this Tim Blanco."
    "Robert Blanco, Howard."
    "Tim, Robert, whatever. I heard some things about him and children. I could say more but, I wont right now."

13. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    the only difference is they added the wig. think about it, the hoff is more likable and had better ratings...:facepalm:

14. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Will Howard's ego allow this fact to enter his conscious mind?
    Does he realize how feeble and irrelevant he has become with the onset of old age?

15. Missypooh RN

Missypooh RN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good question. I wonder that myself.

I think he MUST realize this once in a while, but the minute it hits him that "THE Howard Stern" DIDN'T make AGT the blockbuster HIT of the summer, he glosses over it by tweeting a nude pic of his wife - or - getting one of his new "IN" friends to call in to the show to make him feel relevant again....

16. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    He seems to be saying Howard is good, but the chemistry among the judges isn't working. This is consistent with his AGT article from two weeks ago - http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/reviews/story/2012-07-10/howard-stern-agt-review/56119616/1

17. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    What was the original context when this was said. I missed it and always wondered who he was talking about. :hat:

18. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    They probably lose 20% of the audience (mostly males otherwise bored with it) by having three ugly judges, including a hideously surgery-deformed Sharon Osbourne. Leah Remini would be a nice upgrade, and she's got spunk and a personality. She wouldn't be kissing ass, that's for sure. But when Howie Mandel is the eye candy on your TV show, you're in trouble.