News VA secretary compares vets awaiting care to fun Disney ride lines.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by LaserT, May 24, 2016.

1. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/politics/veterans-affairs-secretary-disneyland-wait-times/

:facepalm:

Veterans Affairs Secretary Bob McDonald downplayed Monday the time it takes for veterans to receive medical treatment by comparing the "experience" of waiting for health care to Disneyland guests waiting for a ride.

"When you go to Disney, do they measure the number of hours you wait in line? Or what's important?" McDonald told reporters at a Christian Science Monitor breakfast in Washington. "What's important is what's your satisfaction with the experience?"

Yeah because waiting in line for a fun Disney ride on a vacation is the same as being a vet or suffering vet waiting in line for help or possibly dying and needing help. Unreal.

"This is two years after the scandal emerged over phony waiting lists for patients at the Department of Veterans Affairs facility in Phoenix, the department is still beset with problems ranging from fresh accusations of falsified waiting lists to a system-wide failure to discipline wrongdoing."

2. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    may he die in fire! :yay:

political appointees are terrible managers.

3. hidden dragon

hidden dragon the princess of darkness Staff Member

Reputations:
    This doesn't surprise me one bit. They just keep shuffling papers around hoping that the soldiers will give up (or just outright die) before they pay out. And I heard they prefer everything to be on paper so they can sit on certain cases longer by saying the paperwork is lost.

4. LaserT

Reputations:
    That's horrible. Such a shame to treat soldiers like that. :(

5. hugh jasol

hugh jasol white trash on dope Gold

Reputations:
  6. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    politicians and citizens love us until the war is over. then we are old news.

that being said, so far the VA has been very good with me. they have me tested for stuff and when i turn up good, i go party some more! :leaf:

Jayla and LaserT like this.
  7. hidden dragon

hidden dragon the princess of darkness Staff Member

Reputations:
    I think it's very twisted and fucked up to treat them so badly.

I know my grandfather had tried going to the VA for some dental work at one point, and they dragged that out quite a bit as well. It's not like what he wanted was expensive, so I don't get it.

8. LaserT

Reputations:
    That's sucks. They have to clean house and get things straightened out. I'm sure there good parts and really good people involved, but obviously a lot has to be fixed and this guy is comparing waits to fun Disney ride lines. Insane.

9. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    The guy is a putz who thought he could come into a system already entrenched in fraud, bloated with management and bureaucracy and introduce some "Getting things done" slogans and that would fix something that requires actual work. No political appointee is going to do that.

Just as an aside. Most of the vets that really need medical care are getting it. The GAO needs to investigate the massive fraud going on in the Benefits and Entitlements division. The health division is doomed to fail when it is expected to be the primary health care giver for the mass of people that look at the VA as it's pension plan. I could spend a whole lifetime discussing this, but most people will read this and think that I am an asshole that wants to deprive vets of their "benefits". Couldn't be farther from the truth and I am a 28 year retired AF vet that gets his stomach turned watching the weak, lame and lazy negotiate this system that doesn't even back check itself and is deathly afraid of complaints and inquiries.

10. knuckle_hedd

knuckle_hedd loving life!

Reputations:
    I waited in line for the it's a small world ride and by the time I got to the front I was ready to strangle somebody after hearing that fucking song for the 300th time in a row..

hidden dragon likes this.
  11. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Yay! I'm missing a leg and have 3rd degree burns over 50% of my body. I wonder how many flashbacks I'll have before my appointment."

Fucking useless scumbag cunt.

12. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    the problem is that there are literally thousands of people that are sniffing around for "disability" that have nothing wrong with them other than they are useless cunts that want free stuff. What happens as a result is that the real people that need the help get buried in the waves of humanity.

13. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just amazing, these are the men and women protecting us.

14. DABA

DABA Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Been out of the Navy a year in June. Haven't been able to get in. I did get a letter saying I make to much money. All of that money that I made came from the Navy :banghead:. And don't get me started on trying to use the GI Bill

15. SuperFarts

SuperFarts Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A glimpse of government run health care...

Willy Pfister likes this.
  16. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There's no common sense approach. Cut military spending or throw more money at it. Same with welfare.

Taking a scalpel to the budget and cutting out what's broken and redirecting that money toward what's needed/works is unheard of. All politicians do is play tug of war with our money.

Every year our parking lot is paved and painted. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Yet we're short on office supplies. "Oh, well that's a different budget." Morons.

TallTyrion likes this.
  17. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Didn't dear leader just allocate several billion, with a B for the refugees when they get here? :facepalm:

PSU Shower Room likes this.
  18. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    but that's a different department.....lol

PSU Shower Room likes this.
  19. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I lost my GI Bill because my dispersing department screwed me over setting it up when I was in.

Write your congress people about the VA. I never heard money being a detriment - you DO need to have 24 months of continuous active duty at some point to be able to get into the VA healthcare system. Other than that, I would start writing letters. You served your time, you earned it.

Good luck, shipmate!

DABA likes this.
  20. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Our taxes are used for all of it, wgaf what dept the money comes from?