News [VID]Austin Cop explains why he's scared of blacks while doing his job.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by todd packer, Jul 23, 2016.

1. todd packer

todd packer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Violent arrest of teacher caught on video; officers face investigation

[​IMG]

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news/local/violent-arrest-of-teacher-caught-on-video-officers/nr3W6/

Officials are investigating an Austin police officer’s violent arrest of an African-American elementary school teacher who was twice thrown to the ground during a traffic stop for speeding and comments by a second officer who told her police are sometimes wary of blacks because of their “violent tendencies.”

Video from the previously unreported June 2015 incident was obtained by the American-Statesman and KVUE-TV this week. The video shows the traffic stop escalating rapidly in the seven seconds from when officer Bryan Richter, who is white, first gives a command to 26-year-old Breaion King to close her car door to when he forcibly removes her from the driver’s seat, pulls her across a vacant parking space and hurls her to the asphalt.

Richter wrote in his report of the incident that he acted quickly because King demonstrated an “uncooperative attitude” and was “reaching for the front passenger side of the vehicle.” He didn’t know whether she had a weapon, he wrote. He said King resisted by pulling away from him and wrapping her hands and arms around the steering wheel.

Police charged King with resisting arrest, but the Travis County attorney dismissed the case after reviewing the police dashcam video.

As King was being driven to jail, a separate police video recorded a conversation between King and officer Patrick Spradlin in which he said whites may be concerned about interacting with blacks because they can appear “intimidating.”

The Austin Police Department issued the lowest level of discipline to Richter — counseling and additional training — after Richter’s supervisors looked into his use of force, but his conduct was never formally investigated by internal affairs. Spradlin was not punished for his comments because the department only learned about them after the Statesman began inquiring.

In an interview this week, Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo said the department has opened an administrative review into how Richter’s supervisors evaluated his actions and a separate criminal investigation. Officials are also investigating Spradlin’s comments. But Acevedo said that, under state civil service law, he cannot take disciplinary action beyond a written reprimand against the officers for this incident because it happened more than six months ago.

“After reviewing both videos, I and our leadership team were highly disturbed and disappointed in both the way Ms. King was approached and handled and in the mindset that we saw on display in those videos,” Acevedo said. “But there is another piece, which has caused concerns as to our review process and the systems we have in place.”

He said he regrets that he didn’t know about the situation sooner and that he is taking renewed steps to help citizens learn how to respond when they feel mistreated by officers.

“We need to help our community overcome the fear or reluctance, which I understand, to file a complaint,” he said. “This is critical if we are to weed out bad officers and bad behavior.”

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  2. todd packer

Reputations:
  3. todd packer

Reputations:
  4. todd packer

Reputations:

reno likes this.
  5. Tickle Shits

Tickle Shits Special Needs Typist. Gold

Reputations:
    I would think it's more of a poor uneducated group that are violent. Unfortunately this accounts for most of the black community.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  6. Slow

Slow All The Pieces Matter DawgShed News

Reputations:
    Privilege = thinking you don't have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

Another case of a combative asshole refusing simple instructions from a cop.

7. todd packer

Reputations:

[​IMG]

Domo Cup likes this.
  8. todd packer

Reputations:
    All she had to do was put her feet in the car. :rolleyes:

Sickboy and Outoftune like this.
  9. slipkid69

slipkid69 AKA...Dick Delicious VIP

Reputations:
    Isn't that reporter who broke the story fancy and fabulous :spingay:
    In my 47 years I have been pulled over a few times and it never ended like that. Is it because I'm white? More likely because I sat my ass in the car and complied.

10. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She knew she was in the wrong and tried to use some kind of bullshit loophole by immediately saying the officer can't stop her after her car is parked. It's almost Eric the Midget level retarded. But clearly the answer is that the officer should have apologized and let her go about her business. Maybe even given her a $20 for the inconvenience. Maybe the cop should have waited and called for backup so half the fucking force could all waste their time on one uppity shithead. Which state will be the first to make it illegal for a white officer to stop a black person? Or maybe just cut through all the nonsense and just grant blacks a free for all.

mattzane227, stash and Vagineer like this.
  11. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I should have got his autograph..he didn't live far.

Rescued Owl likes this.
  12. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Didn't he wind up being found dead in a swimming pool a few years ago ?

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  13. Time Bandit

Reputations:
    she deserved it

mattzane227 likes this.
  14. Time Bandit

Reputations:
    yep, girlfriend found him..I have his book, I kept telling myself to go find him, another good idea not acted apon.

Rescued Owl likes this.
  15. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This just drives me crazy! Implicit in your statement is that if you don't obey a cops directions in total and fast that he then is justified to crack your skull and that is nuts. There are laws and punishments for people who resist arrest or flee a crime scene and none of them say a cop can beat or assault you for those activities.

Just imagine if while she was being difficult he took 10 more minutes to talk her down, wrote her a ticket and went on his way. Saves the tax payers a lot of money and the law is enforced. Why did the cop have to start dragging her out of the car? We had a pack of armed white guys holding government property in Oregon for a month and Nobody tried throwing them to the ground or blowing up a bomb next to them. People can be talked down in most cases. Do you think she wanted to go to jail that day. She was going to work and just wanted to get on with her life.

16. FamilyJ

FamilyJ Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That story is over a year old, according to the date on the dash cam. I also love Panther Tv conveniently leaves out the audio of her not following the police instructions.
    I don't love or hate cops but it seems pretty simple to me. If you follow instructions you have a much better chance of going home, not going to jail and not being dead. My 2 cents.

mattzane227 and Wiggy like this.
  17. Slow

Slow All The Pieces Matter DawgShed News

Reputations:
    She is an asshole fueled by anti cop sentiments that are everywhere on the news now. Everyone thinks they have the right to do whatever they please.

Cops are getting shot all over the country. They are protecting themselves when they tell people to stay in their car.

This doesnt happen to normal people that can follow simple instructions.

Fuck her.

18. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There are like a million cops in the country and a few dozen have been shot or killed this year. That's amazingly safe odds for a dangerous job. By comparison more than 10 people per 100,000 get killed in auto accidents each year so the police should be way more afraid of dying in a car crash than getting killed by gunfire. More than 90 Americans per day die of gun fire. It's a terrible tragedy when any good person is killed for any reason but cop killing is not a horrible epidemic. It's a crime like any other and you will never end it.

I work in white collar business and every year people in my field get arrested, jailed or charged with horrible things. I feel no need to defend them and if they deserve it I think it's great that they are held accountable. I also do not conflate attacks on those people with personal attacks on me. Why do cops do that? Why is criticism of a bad guy also criticism of every cop? Why do cops get so butthurt when people say bad things about them? Do they need to praised to feel validated? Do they need to literally be beyond reproach? Because when you grow up you have to learn that people are going to say bad things about you and you will have to learn to deal with that without threatening to withhold your services and take your ball and go home.

hoochieking likes this.
  19. aerostern

aerostern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Watch the video, this stupid cunt was pulled over for speeding ticket and never complied with anything the cop asked for so fuck her. Now shes probably looking at a big payday and this will incite more racial bullshit. Such fucking bullshit its enraging...

mattzane227 likes this.
  20. hugh jasol

hugh jasol white trash on dope Gold

Reputations:
    Honest and forthright opinion by someone who'd know :grad: