Video and websites pissing me off

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by stosh, Feb 10, 2015.

1. stosh

stosh Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What the fuck!
    It seems you can't go to hardly any websites without having a video automatically start playing! Not CNN not USA today. These sites take forever to load and once they do they start playing a video…whether you want it or not! I can’t stand it!!

2. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    TheSportingNews had an autoplay ad for rubbers once. I bugged out and emailed them 4-5 paragraphs about my kids being around and being Catholic and not believing in birth control and all this shit. I haven't been back to their site in 3-4yrs.

Other than that, I generally ad-block any auto plays, except on CBSSports, because if there is anything I want to watch on there, I'm not really sure how to unblock a site.

3. stosh

stosh Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    if I want to watch a video I will click PLAY. Most of the time I would prefer to just read the content. This is getting way out of hand.

4. Tranquil

Tranquil Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Agreed it's annoying, I stopped clicking on most news sites now, I just read the headlines, and if there is a big story, someone here will make a topic.

5. DrSublux

DrSublux Who am dis VIP

Reputations:
    It is Bullshit and the god damn muchosucko site with opening up a separate window with some live jasmine sex filth. If the god damn volume is up all I hear is oh you like that baby when I finger my asshole while at work...:mad:

wife is a whore likes this.
  6. Skoal

Skoal Active Member

Reputations:
    AMEN! I am one of the few unlucky slugs in this country that has to rely on satellite internet because I live in the middle of nowhere. As such, I have a data usage cap between the hours of 5AM to midnight. I have 10GB a month plan, and those damn ads are death by a thousand cuts to my precious allowance. Plus those ads really drive me nuts when I open multiple tabs and some commercial starts playing and I have to scour half a dozen pages to see where the sound is coming from.

wife is a whore likes this.
  7. idiotbox

idiotbox Looking for a dime and found a quarter. VIP

Reputations:
    can hardly

also, what browser are you using? you can block all of that shit from auto-playing.

8. stosh

stosh Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The problem with blocking that content is that it's blocked on all websites even the ones you want to watch. I watch live bands in the key west ...hogs breath and irishkevins. If I block them it's a pain in the ass to unblock them.
    If you have an easier answer or a specific browser in mind that majes it easier I am all eyes.

9. jameslanza

jameslanza Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Congratulations! You one a free iPod!