Vince Vaughn says guns should be allowed in schools

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by boognishstern, Jun 1, 2015.

1. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    True Detective star Vince Vaughn says guns should be allowed in schools because barring them is like banning forks 'to stop making people fat'
    • Hollywood star said banning guns won't stop school shootings in America
    • Defended gun laws to protect against 'corrupt and abusive' Government
    • Also argued for legalisation of drugs as prohibition doesn't stop users
    • Admitted he's been stuck making 'assembly-line comedies' for too long
    By James Dunn For Mailonline

Published: 07:43 EST, 1 June 2015 | Updated: 08:48 EST, 1 June 2015

View comments

Hollywood star Vince Vaughn has insisted guns should be allowed in US schools - saying that banning them is like banishing forks 'to stop making people fat'.

The 45-year-old made the comments as he defended the right to own a gun and also suggested that drugs should be legalised.

He told GQ Magazine: 'Of course. You think the politicians that run my country and your country don't have guns in the schools their kids go to? They do.

[​IMG]
      +2
      Shooting his mouth: Vince Vaughn, pictured in The Cell, has defended the right to bear arms in America

'And we should be allowed the same rights. Banning guns is like banning forks in an attempt to stop making people fat. Taking away guns, taking away drugs, the booze, it won't rid the world of criminality.'

The actor, who stars in films including Wedding Crashers and Dodgeball, also defended the right to carry a firearm in public despite a string of high-profile shootings in American schools.

He added: 'I support people having a gun in public full stop, not just in your home. We don't have the right to bear arms because of burglars.

RELATED ARTICLES'We have the right to bear arms to resist the supreme power of a corrupt and abusive government. It's not about duck hunting, it's about the ability of the individual.

'It's the same reason we have freedom of speech. It's well known that the greatest defence against an intruder is the sound of a gun hammer being pulled back.'

[​IMG]
      +2
      Type cast: The actor admits he's been 'a hired gun' for too many 'assembly-line comedies'

Vaughn went on: 'All these gun shootings that have gone down in America since 1950, only one or maybe two have happened in non-gun-free zones. Take mass shootings. They've only happened in places that don't allow guns. These people are sick in the head and are going to kill innocent people.

'They are looking to slaughter defenceless human beings ... In all of our schools it is illegal to have guns on campus, so again and again these guys go and shoot up these ... schools because they know there are no guns there. They are monsters killing six-year-olds.'

The Internship star, who stars in the new drama series of True Detective alongside Colin Farrell, also admitted that he had got stuck making 'assembly-line comedies'.

'I'm not blaming anyone else but myself here. The machine can make you idle,' he said.

'You read a script and then you agree to a role, then soon enough you're on set looking at a scene that has had all the juice and the life sucked right out of it.

'You become a hired gun doing a very inoffensive PG-13 movie and, well, you kind of just go along with it. Like anything in life, you're either growing or you're dying. When you get too comfortable you start to decline.'

2. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    because movie stars are smarter than the rest of us.

3. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    Sounds like he is making sense to me.

4. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    How can he be a True Detective star before his season of the show has even been on the air ?
    :bigthink

ARM likes this.
  5. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    he got all serious

he'll be yelling at clouds next

GoshGeeGolly and Lemmy like this.
  6. A. Genius

A. Genius Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    At least he doesn't seem like the typical Hollywood leftist. He has a brain and sounds thought out. We had guns in my school in the 90's. We had gun safety and marksmanship electives. In a city of over 500,00 at the time. Much easier to poison the water supply or make homemade explosives. And he's right, the schools of the rich certainly have armed personnel. It's illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to carry a handgun anyway. I'm surprised that he is willing to speak his mind. Old Hollywood was fine with gun ownership. But, they committed the sin of taking rights for granted. Of course, America being 95% white with a sense of community didn't hurt either. He's aware of the cultmarx takeover of academia and the media. The pendulum has to stop before it heads back the other way. Some days it seems like it finally has. Is his career on the downslide, or has he always been this way?

7. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    Indeed.

And to boot, he's not a huge flaming asshole of a hypocrite like all these celebutards:

ravenrules and boognishstern like this.
  8. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    I'm just saying that taking political or economic advice from a guy who's famous for playing slackers seems sane...right?

9. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i'm the minority, i know, but i've always liked him. he's been pissing off a lot of folks as of late. this is from his recent playboy interview.

http://www.playboy.com/articles/playboy-interview-vince-vaughn
    Do you own a gun?
    I do, yeah. I believe in the right to defend yourself if need be. Hopefully you’re never in that situation, but I think you’re fairly naive to believe there will never be a cause for self-defense. But again, I believe it’s up to the individual. I don’t believe rights come in groups. You shouldn’t get more or fewer rights because of what you believe in or what nationality you were born into.

So you’re not a fan of affirmative action?
    I’ll answer that with a question. Do you believe that using race as a factor in evaluating a person is a good way to operate?

The idea is that those who have been at a disadvantage because of race deserve a leg up when it comes to landing opportunities.
    But then you’re evaluating someone based on race, which is racism. Rights don’t come to you because you’re a man or a woman or African American or European or Jewish. And I certainly don’t think the federal government should be in the business of deciding things or handing out money based on factors like these. It’s the same with same-sex marriage. Who cares what people feel about each other? Let people decide for themselves who they can marry. It’s not the government’s job. It’s between you and your partner and your church or synagogue or whatever you believe in.

I think history has proven without a doubt that the proper role of government is to protect individuals’ rights and liberties. That has always been the most prosperous, freest society for people to live in. And when government gets too involved, society turns into a place that gets very, very ugly. But I think we’ve walked more into Crossfire here than Playboy.

10. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    I agree with tenets of what he said, but again. He's a fucking movie star. Who gives a fuck what he thinks, just like Sean Penn or Matt Damon.

A. Genius likes this.
  11. Slow

Slow All The Pieces Matter DawgShed News

Reputations:

Pro gun and anti-affirmative action. How is this unevolved neanderthal white male still finding work in Hollywood?

12. MrPACS

MrPACS Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Great, another nut job, SMH. Maybe he should be more concerned with how many school lunches he's been eating instead.

13. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    What did he say that was nutty?

CrucifiedAGT and boognishstern like this.
  14. Gitfiddle

Gitfiddle Live Deliciously

Reputations:
    This is really all that needs to be said. And you anti gun faggots can go fuck yourselves.

15. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
  16. pickles3000

pickles3000 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Guns? Looking at his filmography, I thought Vince Vaughn was a bomb expert.

Chuckles, Head Censor and MrPACS like this.
  17. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    And so can you, fuck rag.

18. Hand Banana

Hand Banana Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They also have the funds to ensure that those with guns are exceptionally well-trained, know a little bit about situational awareness, and can access threat level beyond thinking "that freaky looking kid just might be packin'!"

I'm a gun agnostic, but more more more doesn't always solve the problem. Especially when people are panicking.

19. Hand Banana

Hand Banana Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Those schools have a lot of things that other schools don't. It's not just like Riverdale High + guns.

20. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Nah brah, we only don't take advice from libfag Hollywood. But conservative Hollywood? Hold the phone, hand me that petition to elect President Vaughn right here, right goddamn now. Got Dodgeball on blu-ray in my Amazon cart right now.

They're only airhead, clueless, fame-addled scumbags in their "yes" men bubble-world if their views disagree with mine. C'mon, think, McFly. Think

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    TallTyrion likes this.