vitamix

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by vaginapoosie, Oct 31, 2012.

1. vaginapoosie

vaginapoosie black magic woman VIP

Reputations:
    anyone own one? i bought the CIA professional series the other day. used it about 6 times and tonight, while trying to process mushy lentils, the motor started to smell like it was burning and made weird noises. i'm going to return it, obviously, because i know it's not normal (esp. for a mixer that costs hundreds of dollars!), but i want to know-- should i just return it, or exchange it for a new one? because i don't want to keep exchanging it for a new one only to keep having a defective motor. i know they have a 7 year warranty, but i don't want to go through the hassle. call me crazy, but i'd like a piece of equipment that actually works.

2. JJR

JJR New Member

Reputations:
    Go with the Blendtec
    [video=youtube;lAl28d6tbko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAl28d6tbko[/video]

3. vaginapoosie

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

4. JJR

JJR New Member

Reputations:
    I put everything in it. I haven't chewed in years. YEARS!

THINK OF THE ENERGY SAVINGS!

5. vaginapoosie

Reputations:
    hahaha. :D

yeah, i just went raw vegan and i'm finding that owning a decent blender is essential. i'm quite upset that i am having issues with my vitamix. i'm sort of cursed in that sense-- i always seem to buy "lemons" when it comes to electronic and/or mechanical things. but at least i have the receipt and box and can take it right back and see if the blendtec is better for me.

6. JJR

JJR New Member

Reputations:
    They got vegan nachos? I fucking love nachos.

7. vaginapoosie

Reputations:
    there's always a way to do a spin off for vegan food. not sure you could do *raw* vegan nachos b/c the real "nacho cheese" and chip part would be missing. but you can make faux cheese either with nuts (but really shouldn't have them on a low fat vegan diet to lose weight) for the raw vegan diet, or you can buy those faux pre-made soy cheeses and stuff. and obviously leave out the meat and just use beans (or sprouted beans for raw) and add tons of fresh veggies and you're good to go.

8. Jack-A-Roe

Jack-A-Roe Active Member

Reputations:
    blend up some muthafuckin bean curds, on the real yo

9. JJR

JJR New Member

Reputations:
    Fuck every part of what you just said.

10. vaginapoosie

Reputations:
    :lol: i understand. i used to be vegan like almost a decade ago, shit happened, i went back to being a vegetarian-- sometimes a half-assed one-- and said i'd never go vegan again b/c i love cheese too much. then i realized just how unhealthy i am. so this time i'm not just doing it to be humane to animals, but also to myself.

if you've never see this video, you gotta check it out. it may seem really preachy the first 5 minutes or so, but stick with it. even if you don't care about animals or don't care if you eat animal products, it has other things to consider and ponder.

[video=youtube;es6U00LMmC4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4&feature=share&list=PLW27wGWcD6 iNW-5EHtsjigVSDbboCi-Ex[/video]

11. JJR

JJR New Member

Reputations:
    That is an hour long video.

12. gilaet

gilaet Xanax Service Dog Staff Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;a6DIUQ1Zdrw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6DIUQ1Zdrw[/video]

13. JJR

JJR New Member

Reputations:
    2:39
    Too long; didn't watch.

14. gilaet

gilaet Xanax Service Dog Staff Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;MXgnIP4rMoI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXgnIP4rMoI[/video]

15. Jack-A-Roe

Jack-A-Roe Active Member

Reputations:
    blend them curds nigga!

16. JJR

JJR New Member

Reputations:
    Ahahahahahaaaaahahhaaa!

17. vaginapoosie

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

18. Analog

Analog Member

Reputations:
    I inherited my Mother's Vitamix. It is easily 40 years old. It cost a small fortune and I'm sure my Father wasn't amused. It makes up Daiquiris, soup and anything else you can think of. I'm pretty sure it would blend rocks into dust if I tried it. My only complaint is the 'jar'. It is made of metal and I cant see what I'm doing. There's no way to know how many cups I have. It is pretty awesome though. Decades of Daiquiris, Margaritas and Pina Coladas can't be wrong...

19. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  20. vaginapoosie

Reputations:
    he's actually the guy who inspired me to go raw vegan. he's a bit mentally unstable, and i don't believe in staying 100% raw vegan, but his main philosophy is pretty on point. i think it's okay to eat some cooked whole grains every now and then, plus vegans need b12 and would have to get it from stuff like fortified cereals or nutritional yeast, which are both not considered raw. but i'm mainly sticking to a low fat, raw vegan lifestyle just to lose the initial weight, and then maintain my lifestyle with about 80% raw vegan. i can already tell you that i feel leaps and bounds better, and i don't feel like eating all day long like i did before. before when i was vegetarian, i think all i ever ate were "snack" foods or "fried" foods or "cheesy" foods. i wasn't getting the nutrition my body needed, so i would overeat. now i eat just enough and i'm satisfied and don't crave bad things... at least not yet. :D

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012