News Wall Street says Bitcoin going to $10,000 and above

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Mr Pink, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Really, what's it going to take to convince you naysayers?? What have I been saying about 10k? Hit the link for full story.

https://news.bitcoin.com/top-wall-street-analysts-set-new-bitcoin-price-targets-above-10000/

C. Edward Kelso

Top Wall Street Analysts Set New Bitcoin Price Targets Above $10,000

Prominent Wall Street analysts from Fundstrat, Standpoint Research, and Galaxy Investment Partners are pointing to a coming bullish run on bitcoin, pushing the world’s most popular cryptocurrency beyond even the once-thought lavish 10,000 USD price point, and soon.
    Wall Street’s Tom Lee Releases New Target
    CRYPTO FX (Lee): Raising mid-18 targets BTC/GBTC to $11,500/$1,300 was released 22 November 2017, and in it Fundstrat’s Tom Lee announced, “We are raising our mid-2018 Target of Bitcoin to $11,500
    Ronnie Moas Revises Bitcoin to $14,000
    Writing to clients this week, Standpoint Research’s Ronnie Moas believes, “There have been many positive developments during the last five months and a few of the obstacles that were in Bitcoin’s way have been knocked down,” he wrote. “An argument can be made that the good news is still not fully reflected in the current price.”

CNBC’s Tae Kim reports, “As a result, the analyst raised his 2018 price target for Bitcoin to $14,000 from $11,000, representing nearly 70 percent upside to its current level.”

Mike Novogratz Sees 10K by Year’s End
    Mike Novogratz of Galaxy Investment Partners believes the reason financial colleagues, some at least, cannot get behind bitcoin is due to age. He told Bloombergthat the over-60 years old set hadn’t grown up in a digital age, and therefore misgivings are understandable.

DiamondGoddess and Muffler like this.
  2. tsn8638

tsn8638 Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Can you even mine bitcoin anymore?
    I think all the miners are in China now.

Wangold likes this.
  3. Mr Pink

Reputations:
    And this is the article I read, written 3 years ago, that predicted BTC would reach 10k in...you guessed it...3 years.

Admittedly, at the time with BTC at $450, I thought yeah right. Well, all I can say is I hope the dude held those 30,000 BTC that he bought off the government.

https://www.coindesk.com/tim-draper-bitcoins-price-still-headed-10k/

...value of $472 at the time of publication.

Still, it's arguable that no investor has been more exposed to this recent price decline than noted venture capitalist and Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ) partner Tim Draper, who on 2nd July revealed he purchased all of the nearly 30,000 BTC seized from now-defunct online black market Silk Road and sold by the US government.

Draper told CoinDesk:

"I guess the markets aren’t seeing what I am seeing. An entire economy is being rebuilt. I have a price target of $10,000 in three years. Even that may be pessimistic."

Vidiot likes this.
  4. Ba Ba Boolio

Ba Ba Boolio VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Didn't someone just do this thread a couple days ago?

Mack likes this.
  5. billyc

billyc Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Notice how you say worth $10000 because cash is the only thing with real value. This is the 90s tech bubble all over again.

Enjoy the ride though and hopefully you sell before the house of cards comes tumbling down or a new crypto currency takes its place.

Dean Wormer, Asshat and minorsalazar like this.
  6. Mr Pink

Reputations:
    You can if you can get a hold of the latest miner from Bitmain which is exceedingly difficult. They sell out the moment they go on sale.

Interesting article about the Chinese mining farms

https://news.bitcoin.com/a-visit-to...uan-china-reveals-troubles-beyond-regulation/

A Visit to a Bitcoin Mining Farm in Sichuan

bdbx18 likes this.
  7. Mr Pink

Reputations:
    Yeah, about the crash of BTC. Polar opposite of what's really going on.

DiamondGoddess likes this.
  8. Mr Pink

Reputations:
    Exactly what they have been saying since I got into the game at $450. Of course, they have been wrong all along, as are you.

I mean really, will you still be parroting that tired line when it reaches 10k? 15k? 20k? At what point is it not a bubble, but the real thing?

Is calling 10k when the price is at $450 any different than calling 500k when the price is at $10,000? I didn't really believe 10k then, and I don't really believe 500k now, but hey, guess what happened...

9. Ba Ba Boolio

Ba Ba Boolio VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Oh, ok, well this does change everything.

Mr Pink likes this.
  10. tsn8638

tsn8638 Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Miners are still out there, its just the hugh energy bill I am afraid of.
    And the length of mining. 4 months for one coin.....even so you will not be guarantee the coin.

11. Lster

Lster Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I just need to invest in a single BitcoIn and it’ll crash.

Doing you a favor by keeping away from it.

12. Vidiot

Vidiot Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If Scott the Engineer buys into Bitcoin, you're all doomed.

13. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
  14. Mr Pink

Reputations:
    Any single miner should be joining a pool. You earn small increments of guaranteed BTC. A while back I posted about my mining experience after I had done it for a year and a half. In that time I made 2 BTC.

As difficulty of mining scales in order to slow down the mining, the power of the machines scale in order to mine faster. What that means is if you get a modern machine, in a good mining pool, you would probably make the same amount as I did back then...but the coin is worth so much more now.

Electricity is definitely part of the equation, but with the best machines, you will still make far more BTC.

Right now, the best machine costs $1450 and will make that back in 83 days, not counting elec. You have to run a mining calculator to determine the effect of electricity on your profit

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/#/equipment

15. Getthepoisonout

Getthepoisonout I regret my username

Reputations:
    Dumb question - Are people actually paying cash to buy bitcoin today at $10,000 or is the value just based on electronic trading of coins. I guess I am trying to figure out if you actually had 1000 bitcoin could you really turn it into $10 Million ?

16. Gogol Boobdello

Gogol Boobdello Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wish I invested in bitcoin after one of joe rogan's interviews in 2014 or 2016

Mr Pink likes this.
  17. Mr Pink

Reputations:
    Yes to all of the above. The easiest way to do it is open an account at an exchange, like coinbase. Just as with a stock exchange, you deposit funds, make an offer, the exchange finds a matching seller and takes the spread (often pennies if the trading is liquid, but sometimes more, as with the stock exchange).

You could convert that many coin into cash but the exchanges often start you out with caps until you verify your identity (coinbase starts you at 10,000), in an attempt to stop shady stuff like money laundering. Also, any legit US based exchange will be complying with all of the banking laws so that means 10,000 will get flagged.

My BIGGEST concern right now is the IRS. I'm starting to accept the sad fact that I better pay taxes on this stuff if I ever realize my gain (withdraw it) so that I don't go the way of crazy cabbie. This aspect definitely warrants more research

18. Getthepoisonout

Getthepoisonout I regret my username

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info. I certainly don't plan to start now with prices at these levels. So how many coins do you have? Did you buy or mine them?

19. Mr Pink

Reputations:
    When are you going to get in? After it hits 10k?
    With bitcoin, there is never a better time than the present.

Actually, there's a small pullback before it heads for 10k, so it's a great time to get in. With coinbase, you can start as small as you want. You can even set up auto deposits. Deposits are always free so why not. Even if you do 20 bucks/month or week, at least you're gething I the game.

If it captures a percentage of the world economy as predicted, the estimates of 500k or more are no that far fetched.

Just as the internet globalized information, bitcoin could globalize money. It was a hard concept for people to grasp when the Internet was in its infancy, just as bitcoin and it's implications are difficult to grasp right now

20. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    2018 prediction....

Bitcoin 14k, eth 800, ltc 175, and omg 40.

Mr Pink likes this.