News Walmart refuses to make officer retirement cake

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by crazycreep, Sep 25, 2016.

1. crazycreep

crazycreep Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Walmart Workers Refuse to Make Cop’s Retirement Cake — Todd Starnes - www.toddstarnes.com
    http://www.toddstarnes.com/column/walmart-workers-refuse-to-make-cops-retirement-cake

[​IMG]
    Photo special for ToddStarnes.com

By Todd Starnes

Three Walmart workers in McDonough, Georgia refused to decorate a “thin blue line” cake for a police officer’s retirement party because they said it was racist.

A number of my Georgia readers alerted me to the story and on Saturday night I spoke directly with the police officer’s daughter. She asked that I not divulge her name and I’ve agreed to honor her request.

Click here to join Todd’s American Dispatch: a free, must-have resource for Conservatives!

“I was so shocked,” she told me. “I didn’t know what to do or say or anything. I was trying not to lose my temper or make a scene.”

“The baker told me the blue line cake was racist”
    — POLICE OFFICER'S DAUGHTER
    For the record, Walmart has confessed that most of her allegations are true. I’ll have more on that a bit later in this column.

The police officer’s daughter went to the Walmart on Willow Drive on Sept. 22 to order a flag for her father’s retirement party. He was leaving the force after 25-years on the job.

She showed the bakers a photograph of the police officer’s flag - the black and white version of Old Glory with a blue line.

Order Todd's "I'm a Gun-toting, Bible-clinging, Patriotic American" shirt -- It repels liberals!

“One of the bakers told me the design could be perceived as racist and nobody feels comfortable decorating the cake,” the police officer’s daughter told me.

As an alternative, she suggested a chocolate-frosted cake with a horizontal, frosted blue line.

But that design was also rejected by Walmart’s cake decorator.

“She said, ‘I don’t feel comfortable doing this,’” the cop’s daughter told me. “I asked her, ‘Is there something wrong with cops?’”

After being rejected for a third time, the 21-year-old told the bakers, “I’ll find another bakery, thank you.”

She was much more polite than I would’ve been, folks.

“I was disappointed,” she told me. “I go to Walmart all the time — at least once a week spend hundreds of dollars. I just wanted to make my dad a cake to show how much i appreciated him.”

A friend of the family posted an item about the incident on Facebook and it wasn’t long before the Walmart store manager called the police officer’s wife and daughter — and apologized.

“He said he was so sorry,” the daughter told me. “He offered to make the cake free of charge and he gave me a $50 gift card.”

A Walmart corporate spokesperson confirmed most of the story.

“Our goal is to always take care of customers,” the spokesperson told me. “But, sometimes we misstep.We’re glad we were able to connect with the family to apologize and make this right.”

Walmart did not say if one of their associates called the cake racist.

“I can confirm an associate made a mistake that has since been corrected for the customer,” the spokesperson told me.

So how did Walmart right their wrong? The answer to that question is going to curdle your Fruit Loops, folks.

The manager offered to make and decorate a new cake. But there was just one problem — the cake decorators refused to comply.

“So the manager told me that he would decorate it — but it looked terrible,” the police officer’s daughter said. “It doesn’t look professional.”

I’ve attached photographs of Walmart’s handiwork — it’s absolutely embarrassing and unacceptable.

“I work in retail,” the officer’s daughter told me. “If I didn’t want to deal with a customer — and said ‘No’ — I would get fired.”

Unfortunately, her father’s retirement party is Sunday night - so there’s no time to go elsewhere.

“It irritates me that in Charlotte, North Carolina, the Walmart was looted and the cops were protecting them,” she said. “And you can’t make a cake for the people who are protecting you?”

Walmart needs to make this right and they can start by delivering a professionally decorated cake to the police officer’s family.

The three cake decorators need to be told: either decorate the cake or be fired.

Just because Walmart is the home of low prices, doesn’t mean they have to hire a bunch of low class, anti-cop bigots.

*Divide and conquer

2. Daveindiego

Daveindiego Confirmed Internet Legend Gold

Reputations:
    I would have thrown cockroaches all over it. :fil:

FeetToTaste and Slow like this.
  3. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    :lol:

Hey Dave, what game you been playin lately. I've been playing just cause 3. It is pretty fun destruction!

4. crazycreep

crazycreep Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If my apartment was loaded with cockroaches I'd be trying to offload them anywhere possible too

5. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    I've still been playing No Mans Sky, but I was looking for a new game yesterday on PSN. That Assassins Creed Sydicate is pretty cheap right now.

Roland Schwinn likes this.
  6. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Get my retirement cake from Walmart? FUCK YOU!!!!

7. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's one ugly cake. Shows how much respect these poor guys get. Who the fuck would actually buy a cake from Walmart?! Acme to pricey? And fuck this "artist" for not doin what he's paid for

8. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    I don't think I ever saw black frosting before. :wtf:

9. Calloused Shins

Reputations:
    :ninja:

10. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    I want to know if the baker was an angry black woman or an indignant, self-righteous white woman.

11. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:

Nice.

I enjoyed it. If you like the assassins creed games it is worth a play, especially on the cheap. It gets kind of repetitive but it is a cool serving with dickens, and Darwin, and Jack the Ripper. Not as god as the assassins creed black flag,me here you played a pirate, If you like the series, I'd say go for it!

Looking forward to that new mafia game. That should be out in the next couple weeks

12. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If Walmart refused to make a Black Lives Matter cake the national media would be outraged and there would be picketing and riots.

SternsEgo, Kilroy, babybear and 7 others like this.
  13. Tickle Shits

Tickle Shits Special Needs Typist. Gold

Reputations:
    You're not smart enough to work at Walmart Dave.

Apple the cat likes this.
  14. Slow

Slow All The Pieces Matter DawgShed News

Reputations:
    I wouldnt eat a cake from walmart but i definitely wouldnt eat it if i knew it was a pro cop cake considering the typical walmart employee

Cunt, Runaway, Apple the cat and 3 others like this.
  15. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    Racist? Cause the cake is black and is being restrained by the blue belt? Symbolic of police repression?

Zach likes this.
  16. Calloused Shins

Reputations:
    This guy'd eat Walmart cake...

17. yahoo

yahoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They didn't tell you it was for gay cops.

18. Cookie_Puss

Cookie_Puss Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The irony here is absolutely amazing. The left says that bakers should have to make cakes for gay couples even if its against their beliefs because its not right to discriminate. Yet when it comes to a retirement cake for a cop they can refuse service? This is the most ignorant shit I've read about in a while.

19. Dream Theater

Dream Theater DAWGS E-BULLY Squad Gold

Reputations:
    I am still amazed that these cheap ass cops went to Walmart for a fucking cake...for Christs sake the guy is retiring, spend a couple bucks and go to a REAL bakery.

Turbongr, JameGumb, JumboWop and 3 others like this.
  20. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    I think the workers are assholes, however that is a false equivalency. Your job is not a protected class, and therefore not subject to Constitutional protections in public accommodations, sexual orientation however is, in some states that is.

FeetToTaste and Cookie_Puss like this.