Stern Show WaPo article about Howard

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Gusbuss, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Why he should interview Hillary.

http://wpo.st/Eepp1

Don't yell at me if it doesn't work. Or if you do yell I don't care. Just look in the WAPO

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  2. FeetToTaste

FeetToTaste Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    From the interview

Howard: Alec Baldwin said to me, I don’t really want to do any other show but yours. Why is that? He said, ‘Anywhere else I go, it’s like hurry up and answer.

Are the celebrities as retarded as the people that cover Howard, and think that he is actually a good interviewer? All he does is rapid fire questions, while Howard and Robin talk over the answers.

3. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I chimed in with a few comments. What a nauseating article.

10:20 AM EDT

No chance of this ever happening. When Howard was actually amusing, he called Hiliary every foul name in the book. He destroyed them both over Monica Lewinsky and all the other scandals. Howard may delude himself into thinking he can whitewash his career, but thankfully Google and YouTube know what Howard is really all about. Plus that digesting wig has to be some kind of biohazard. If Hiliary gets too close, she may pass out again

4. vaporizer

vaporizer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's not the whole rapid fire thing. If you dig a little deeper in your listening you'll hear that the interview is not for the listener to learn more, but it's for Hamptons Howie to show off how much he knows about the interviewee. He's doing it to give a masturbatory stroke to his ego. "Look at me...I'm so well versed in pop culture and the human condition that I know about people in the Wack Pack, Gwen Stefani, Dr. Ruth, and Aurora..."

What he doesn't get and where this whole thing falls apart is that he knows next to nothing about these people. He's reading from notes done by the retards in the office and usually they are just doing the old CTRL-C and CTRL-V from Wikipedia and into a Word document.

He's a fucking joker if he thinks he's the best interviewer on the planet. I mean, I used to think so too, but my opinion was crafted during a time in the 90s when I was a teenager AND I do feel as though he was doing a LITTLE investigating into the person he was talking with. The interviews seemed better back then (like everything else). This new shit, though. It's bad. Real bad. But what the fuck. Sirius is willing to pay him mountains of money to come in 3 days a week in a highly unprepared state.

I can only say I do wish I had that job and not even for the money - which is obviously great - but its the ability to be so under-prepared. I'm so, so, so very jealous.

5. nun puncher

nun puncher Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard being a good interviewer is only out done by the greatful dead being a good band in the ..what is the most ridiculous shit stupid people say..category

6. vaporizer

Reputations:
    But can't we say that we NEVER knew or know who this guy really is/was? I mean, shit man, he's essentially been on the air acting for over 35 years, doing his whole "I need to be honest" shtick. Make no mistake - it's ALL shtick. I think he says things (or said things) in the moment that are just going to go into the whole "Howard Stern is controversial" pile and people will talk about it, letting him gain listeners.

I just don't think we ever knew what he TRULY felt or believed. It's never been exposed. He's been a magician like that his entire career. We all bought it. I'm guilty. You are too. Now we're angry and ashamed. That's why we're all here.

7. Tracy

Tracy Little Miss Sunshine VIP

Reputations:
    "The only way it works is the same way you promote a record album on my show or a movie"

Record album :giggle: why does he say that?

@Benjamen

Benjamen and Promo Cutter like this.
  8. JerseySlim

JerseySlim Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It amazes me when these moronic celebrities act surprised/impressed when Howard throws a fact at them. "Wow!!! You have really done your homework!!!" As if he isn't reading off a piece of paper that someone else prepared for him. I think Gwen Stefani was all impressed when Howard was talking about her early career. Yeah, I'm sure Howard knew the name of her first band the day before he interviewed her

LaserT, Benjamen, DoucheBro and 4 others like this.
  9. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    I'm really not that angry to be honest

Yeahnolisten likes this.
  10. vaporizer

Reputations:
    you're not the least bit angry with yourself for buying in full throttle on the smoke and mirrors show that was Howard Stern? i'm a little bummed with myself that at 12 I didn't see it for what it was. I let my boner rule the way for when he was talking about lesbians. I can vividly remember a couple different occasions while I was getting ready before school in 8th grade where he was talking to hot chicks ("the hottest we've ever had up here") where I had to blow a load before catching the bus.

11. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard WAS a great interviewer.

But even that part of his show is on autopilot now

12. Sloppyjoe

Sloppyjoe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    This news article is the fake news item, Mike

FATS NAVARRO likes this.
  13. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's because most of the "journalists" they talk to have an iq of 2 and don't even bother to read the Wikipedia like Will and Jason do

14. Tracy

Tracy Little Miss Sunshine VIP

Reputations:
    Posted a pretty scathing comment. You think they're removing any? I didn't curse or anything

Edit-don't see it:( do they preview em?

Guacamole likes this.
  15. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    The New York Times and Washington Post all in one week--so not relevant

16. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    No, just doesn't really bother me I guess. I mean once the show was no longer what I wanted to listen to, I just changed the channel.

17. Irish Joe

Irish Joe Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Wow, how did you know that thing my publicist put on my wikipedia page?"

Penelope, TheHighHat, Tracy and 2 others like this.
  18. Vinegarette

Vinegarette Don't Believe What You Hear

Reputations:
    Marketing.

Promo Cutter and Tracy like this.
  19. vaporizer

Reputations:
    Ugh...you're so relaxed and logical about this topic. I don't even know what to say or how to make it more chaotic. I'm just going to have to give up on life right now.

20. Petal

Petal A girl in a sea of mults VIP

Reputations:
    Nah. It just means Buchwald has very busy spreading the $$$ to try and make Wiggy relevant.