Was Artie Serious on Monday's Show?....

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by kev, Aug 22, 2012.

1. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When they were talking about the director that killed himself, he was talking about his father and how he would ask Artie to kill him once a week. He then mentioned that he thinks someone helped him along the day he died. Has he talked about this before, or was he even serious?

2. terrell

terrell New Member

Reputations:
    He yapped it when he was still on the wiggy show. Told the whole story of his dad falling off the ladder and his following years, his dad's wish to end it all and, of course, how it affected him (Artie).

3. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Of course I know all that, I was talking about the fact Artie's dad may have had help to kill himself rather than dying naturally.

4. terrell

terrell New Member

Reputations:
    Ah. Well I know the answer to that. I just wasn't aware that was your only focus, and was trying to fill you in a bit on back story. I apologize for responding at all.

5. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No need to apologize, maybe I didn't word it right? :dontknow: So I guess he'd talked about this before?

6. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've always suspected that it was Artie who helped his dad pass. And this is the deep rooted issue for Artie's self-hatred, addiction, anger, etc.
    This is only my theory.

7. wanker

wanker New Member

Reputations:
    artie has mentioned it b4 on the stern show

8. clauge

clauge Member

Reputations:
    I always wondered about that too.

9. terrell

terrell New Member

Reputations:
    shh. don't tell the know-it-all op.

i recall the exact story that Artie told, from him first stating that he shouldn't say anything - because there was no statute of limitation on assisted suicide. but, being Artie, he then went on to hint and blab the exact details - of which i refuse to say because, again, the op was rude at 5am and the thread popped up again to remind me. take that.

10. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    Good theory that explains why he's such a mess. Lot of guilt on his shoulders.

11. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    WTF?! He has hinted to this before?! I never had the thought that he would 'assist' - that is fucked up.

Could you please share the details?

All I could find was this (relating to the sirius 'revelations').. very close but seemingly unrelated. thanks marksfriggin
    "Artie said he was going to have to consult a lawyer about what he wants to talk about. He said that the statute of limitations may not be up on his story. Howard thinks that his confession would lead to lots of on air discussion. He thinks his is good but won't wreck his life. He is having trouble admitting it but it won't be devastating.....Dominic Barbara called in and told Artie that the statute of limitations on some crimes is a very long time so he may get himself in trouble. Artie told Dominic that he never killed anyone or anything like that so it's not going to be that crazy."http://www.marksfriggin.com/news05/11-14.htm#mon

12. Merespliff

Merespliff Member

Reputations:
    he said his father asked him to kill him a bunch of times. BUT he also wrote in his book about going to bed and *i think* waking up with his father dead. i really thought there was something about pneumonia?

although i didn't initially think Artie helped his dad....it is interesting to think about. we've seen that Artie doesn't seem to have a problem with suicide, so maybe he did? I dunno. either way, he shouldn't be guilty about it. life happens.

13. Markijuano

Markijuano Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Would you not help a loved one out?

14. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    In his book, Artie mentioned his Dad wanting to help him die, but on the night he died, Artie was on his way out to meet a friend. His Dad called him back to stay and talk for a while. Before he left, his Dad kissed his hand, they told each other "I love you," and cried a little. He made it sound as if his Dad knew what was coming. Whether or not someone 'helped' him pass, it's not really clear....

15. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Reputations:
    He said on the Stern show that he always suspected one of his uncles did probably help his father kill himself.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  16. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Christ, take it easy. I wasn't trying to be rude, sorry if you felt I was. No need to be childish.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the info. I never really listened to THSS after around 2000 or so, so I don't know all the stories that were told on that show.