Was the FCC Really After Stern?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by LawyerLarry, Nov 17, 2014.

1. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP

Reputations:
    I'm currently listening to old shows in March, 2004. This is right around the time of the Janet Jackson boob incident and Stern getting kicked off 6 Clear Channel radio stations. Last week, I listened to a show that took place on a Friday. Stern kept saying that he knew from inside sources that the FCC was going to fine him that Friday afternoon. Then on the next Monday show, it turned out that he wasn't fined after all. He said now he knew that the FCC was going to wait until after the 2004 presidential election to fine him.

I noticed a couple of inconsistencies with his stories around this time. At one point he said that he had 3 different sources in the FCC giving him information. Then, a couple of days later, he said that he had 2 different sources. Then, in the show I just listened to, he said that he had a source in the FCC. Another thing I heard him say was to a caller who was disagreeing with him and pointed out that he had been fined $1.7 million in the past. Howard corrected the caller that the company he works for, not he personally, was fined. Then, in a later show, when he was going on a tirade he said that HE was fined $1.7 million.

I remember getting all worked up on this issue 10 years ago. But now that we know that Howard has lied about a bunch of stuff, I wonder if the whole FCC and George Bush out to get Howard was a fictional work?

2. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    when your only source of info was from Howard's own mouth, looking back to his old shows it's definitely questionable.

ZevonFan likes this.
  3. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    I cant even listen to old shows anymore without questioning the authenticity of the bit. I was listening to when Fred "met" his wife and couldnt help but think... he already met this bitch.

ZevonFan, Droog and ScottBaiosPenis like this.
  4. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    They were "after him" in the sense than the po po are "after you" when you purposely drive 95 mph on the highway. They have rules, you violate them, they fine you. it was his way to get attention and buzz.

GloriaGrace likes this.
  5. Beth Eats Hay

Beth Eats Hay Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This....... The FCC was "after him" like they were after every other talk show that had adult content. Stern would fake being upset over the government "censoring" him, while at the same time cry to management about O and A mocking him. Stern is a hypocritical pussy......

GloriaGrace likes this.
  6. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Clear Channel dumped Howard because his fees were too high and his ratings were declining. They used the FCC as an excuse, but they saved $12 million in future bonuses by dumping Stern ( according to Howard's lawsuit).

7. JonnySoul

JonnySoul Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Was Howard or his company ever fined for his antics?

8. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    They were clearly jealous. Just ask Stern or his shrink.

ZevonFan likes this.