Was there an incident that made you realized that you didn't enjoy the show anymore?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by SomeRandomGuy, Nov 5, 2013.

1. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Member VIP

Reputations:
    For me it was when I started getting more laughs from SFN than I was from anything on the Stern channels. It was during the time when High Pitch was stalking a couple broads, stealing credit cards, and then going on SFN to get abused. It was a fuck of a lot more entertaining than hearing about American Idol and what came out of Robin's ass during her most recent colonic.

How about you guys? What made you realize that the show just wasn't cutting it anymore?

2. Dump Button

Dump Button Former Mall Security Guard

Reputations:
    Monologues

3. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The first AGT announcement.

4. beetlejosh

beetlejosh I got a head that's large Gold

Reputations:
  5. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Gary's father dying and the bullshit story. Showed what a skunk Stern truly is.

6. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    "I'll piss on my fans."

That pretty much turned me right there. The chick was asking legit questions and that was how Pelican reacted.

Although, she did sound like a barking seal.

7. larryluncg

larryluncg Empty VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Sal and Richard doing gay shit. Was a waste of air

8. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    for me it was the first "dumber than a box of rocks"

i dont know why, its kind of a weird turning point, but something about him browbeating those whores into saying that ridiculous phrase over and over again just made realize it was kind of sad not funny

more recently was the weird product placement for the depends maxi pads his good friend "terry" siragusa sent him, going on for days about it and it just came off as weird, the was no humor to it all..just an old queen complaining that his pee hole doesnt work anymore

9. psyllium husk

psyllium husk New Member

Reputations:
    it was a week after the charlie sheen interview (march 2011 .. i just stopped caring .

10. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Member VIP

Reputations:
    I didn't think it could get worse than him blabbing about American Idol... then he became the host of AGT. :facepalm:

I'd say that losing Artie on the show was the first nail in the Stern Show coffin.

Beth sprained her ankle, you heartless bastard! Don't you know that they put horses down when they get leg injuries? That was a close call. ;)

11. Howchilla

Howchilla VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I started getting pushed over the edge w/ the constant sybian ride. When they first got it, i thought some of them were funny like the Buck Angel ride. Then all of the sudden, they were throwing every girl on it and they were "cumming" after 20 seconds.

"Gary turn it up to 50%...."

It got so fake and lazy, it became the beginning of the end. It was around 2008.

Also, the constant Jackie bashing was just over-the-top. They never gave him his just due. Just goofed on him. Not in the funny goof on jackie way, but the "i'm better that Jackie, look how shitty his life is way."

12. Roberticus

Roberticus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No specific incident. Just a slow build of indifference. Started when Artie was high (and unfunny) and before long, instead of listening to the afternoon replays while making dinner, I wasn't even bothering to turn it on in the mornings.

13. Hersh

Hersh Active Member

Reputations:
    I am a newer listener. I had never heard him before he came to satellite.
    For me at the beginning it was exciting to hear this kind of stuff, the fights, the gross faggy bits, and bs that goes with all that. Then the newness of them coming to satellite wore off, Artie slept, Howard doesn't want to be there and the bits become to forced. Horrible show. Started listening to OnA and learned their bullshit routine and liked it. Now I switch back to stern maybe 15% of the time. I'm not too involved, these are just radio shows but OnA are more entertaining most of the time. Stern is almost a billionaire, he's too unrelatable at this point. Too Hollywood with the wife and shit. Phone calls are so bullshit anymore. OnA still fight with callers, that fun.

14. quitefrankly

quitefrankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    agt and kittys

15. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    I still enjoy it, for sure it's declined and I blame HTV for that, it's not "must listen" anymore, but today the shit with Lisa G had me laughing out loud, I enjoyed the interview with The Beast yesterday--I do wish Howard would stop staying

"IN OTHER WORDS"

It's maddening and a terrible terrible habit

16. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This wasn't a turning point for me but the Booster Juice saga was another example of brutally unfunny obvious product placement. Gave me douche chills.

17. ClumpyStern

ClumpyStern HSS-clean since Dec 2011 VIP

Reputations:
    Negative. I was acutely aware for the whole last 2+ years that I listened to this nonsense that I was laughing exactly 0.0 times in most 4-hour shows. Back in the day, I laughed my fuckin' head off daily and had a few gym friends to talk to about the show and laugh all over again...I even gave one of them my tapes anytime something great happened because he didn't have Sirius. For that last 2 years, my face was totally expressionless listening to that shit except when I was disgusted by the wig's lies about stupic shit like bowling alleys, the fact that none of the "talent" participated in bits, and the fact that the fat annoying cunt was allowed to say "I'm not discussing my personal life" and that they were actually editing out her self-embarrassing behavior (and walk outs) and even banning any discussion of them on any other H-100/101 shows. I felt like an asshole for continuing to listen for those 2 years purely out of habit like a fuckin' junkie and out of an unrealistic hope that it might suddenly get funny again. I also felt like an asshole for listening just to be able to do the SFRT because it was fun being on the air even though I no longer enjoyed the show it was based on. Then, when he made that first AGT announcement, I finally just clicked off the radio and the rest of the story is detailed in my signature below.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  18. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Beth sprained her ankle, you heartless bastard! Don't you know that they put horses down when they get leg injuries? That was a close call. ;)[/QUOTE]

I didn't even see the pictures of her trotting around the hamptons until years later when I found this site. That was a whole new level of nauseating phoniness. I tweeted Gary that I hoped he wiped his ass with the check Howard gave him before sending it back uncashed I was instantly blocked.

19. Daveindiego

Daveindiego Confirmed Internet Legend Gold

Reputations:
    Repeating and beating to death lame bits on Sirius.

20. Beer Chugger

Beer Chugger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I went from being bored and disenchanted with the show to outright contempt during the hurricane:

"So I can't count on you to be here tomorrow". Not to mention the treatment of his own parents.