Was there EVER a time when people respected Robin?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HubArkishh, Jun 3, 2013.

1. HubArkishh

HubArkishh Active Member

Reputations:
    as a broadcaster? Has she ever been praised by anyone other than Howard or Bobo? I just cant fathom her career when i really think about it.

serious question.. :coffee:

2. Judy Garland

Judy Garland New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    She was, and is, a complete disaster and nothing more than a lottery winner in the field of radio. I just cannot get over Howard's inability to drop this dead (over)weight from his show. He knows she sucks. Grow a pair, ya fucking Hebrew!

3. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Don't think for a second Imus was wrong when said Howard kept Robin around "so he could tell Reggie jokes". If you recall, Howard goofed on Imus for saying that he should follow suit to insulate himself, but it would have worked well for him during Nappy Headed Hos Gate. It's blatantly obvious, even Family Guy pointed it out when Stewie said something like "Oh yes, can't wait for Howard to talk about the blacks again. Nah, but it's okay because Robin's black." (sorry, no YouTube clip)

4. AngryWhite

AngryWhite New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    she was a double whammy...he could make Reggie jokes and demean women with her around. but, since he doesn't do that anymore...it's painfully obvious that she serves no function other than to annoy everyone.

5. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I use to love robin, but then she shifted to much pro Howard. Also the hatred of Jackie she's always so quick to point out did it for me. Robins a cunt.

6. TaTa Toothy

TaTa Toothy New Member

Reputations:
    This pretty much sums it up for me.

7. boomer1976

boomer1976 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    She definitely came off more likeable years ago. Since the wealth and "fame" took over she has become an intolerable cunt, like a lot of the rest of the stern staffers.

8. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;77Rii3F7yf4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=77Rii3F7yf4#t=3s[/video]

9. robbykrieger

robbykrieger Member

Reputations:
    I thought I liked her better years ago, but anytime I listen to the old shows, and I have the misfortune of hearing her Scott Salem impersonation, or her Baba Booey impersonation, or her Jackie impersonation, I remember that I've always despised her with the passion of a thousand suns.

10. Gena

Gena Member

Reputations:
    Being sterns sidekick is her only claim to fame. It is all she will be remembered for. And as much of an annoying cunt as she is and with her out of public view for over a year and with ex fans probably outnumbering current fans / listeners then i am not sure how much longer she will be remembered for that.

11. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    She is just another useful idiot.

12. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    when i found out her ass got wet from the impending anal, i couldn't have respected her more.

13. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    No talent. Hated Jackie and has made sure he never gets back on the show. The extreme narcissism and answering for everyone else is just over the top and shows what kind of shit she is.

14. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Lost whatever few ounces of respect I had for her and Fred when they both displayed such visceral hatred towards Jackie and Stuttering John after each left the show. Deep down, Fred and Robin know they sold out whatever intellectual and artistic integrity they may have had for the relative security of being Howard Stern "yes men." Jackie and John dared to defy Howard, and in both of them Fred and Robin are painfully reminded of their own shortcomings.

15. boomer1976

boomer1976 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Its hard to say if they do. They may be blinded by the sycophantic praise as well. There has to be some awareness of the groundswell building against the show. But they may interpret it as being the same as when the show was opposed because it was so edgy.

16. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    who dis?

17. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    My dislike for Robin, like so many others here, grew over the years. She went from sidekick with an annoying cackle, to a know-it-all, angry, elitist bitch. Robin is like that one person everyone has in their workplace- they somehow got their foot in the door, were in the right place at the right time, and "fits" in. They do their job, but not particularly well, and they always find someone who has some talent or intelligence to latch onto. Someone who carries them when they can't keep up. They find a way to get a foothold in the company but they never go any further and they never leave, because they can't impress anyone enough to lure them away with a better offer. That's Robin- she shows up (well, sort of these days) and does her job- which has always been to mostly stroke Howard's ego and agree with 99% of what he says. Also, as others point out, she provided two things- Being black and a woman.

However, Robin is not a great broadcaster. She has shown she is unable to carry a show. Her attempts to branch out into TV have failed. She can't even carry her own radio show. On those rare occasions when Howard's had to leave the studio (such as the trip with Artie to Pam Anderson's hotel room) she's been completely lost, and needed Fred to help her out.

She is what she is.

18. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    do alot of black women from Baltimore have bad (i mean horrible) fake british accents like Robin?....i mean talk about uppity

19. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    good point. when howard would go into his usual sexist bits back in the day, i would laugh it off because robin was in the studio. she made it OK to laugh at these bits.

btw, i always enjoyed robin on the show. it's just lately i resent the blackout on her illness and the new PC tone in the news.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  20. HubArkishh

HubArkishh Active Member

Reputations:
    This. I remember how embarrassing it was listening to her talk alone for 2 minutes.