Was Wig's Former OCD a Total Lie or Just an Exaggeration?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Mr Pink, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Probably a complete lie in order to get attention and sympathy.

In an old interview with Howie Mandel, Wig presented the fact that he used his sleeve to open the doors to bathrooms. That's not OCD, it's just a reasonable precaution when using a filthy public bathroom.

In other shows he also described tapping and counting and other bullshit lies. Also that he can't touch his hair after touching the dog otherwise his hair will fall out (too late) or something like that. BULLSHIT.

Now Howie M, on the other hand, is the real deal. Washing hands 40 times/day, waiting at the public bathroom door for someone else to open it, unable to take off a fucking string bracelet. In a hotel: wrapping his hands in TP to pull the comforter off, ordering enough towels to cover the floor, putting a towel down in the shower, etc.

Taking reasonable steps to make sure you don't get sick from careless exposure is one thing but OCD is a whole different level --- and Howard never had it.

2. SlinkyNeckStern

SlinkyNeckStern High Pitch Mike Lookalike

Reputations:
    He was being partially truthful. He does have OCD but it's Outrageous Cock Desire.

3. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    When I played hockey, one of my teammates had to wipe his skate blade 25 times before putting them on. A guy who is a "big star" in the NHL is notorious for having to bang his stick a certain amount of times(and I mean a lot) on the locker room floor before taking the ice. I never had OCD, but it has to be HELL.

4. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't remember it being discussed too often on the show, but whenever Howard brought it up, it felt like he was making things up as he went along. I call BS on it. I remember Robin basically having none of it saying that Howard never talked about his OCD problems until one day he wanted to convince people he's had it for years. I think Robin was right. Maaaaaaybe Howard has a few small tendencies that might sound a little weird, but it's not OCD.

5. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    I don't think so. The man has suffered with anxiety for years. I suspect he has suffered from panic attacks also. This very well could be what is going on with his weight.

6. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Also, Howard spent 5 hours in the studio for 30 years and there was no recorded evidence of him having OCD problems. He is a liar and will say whatever he feels sounds best to sell his lies. Howard also said Beth speaks fluent French! Beefarino can barely speak English!

7. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:

This.

He used to feel up all kinds of strippers on the air, the tickle chair, etc. A person with as bad OCD as himself would have built himself a studio like they keep Blobin in.
    Being slightly germ-phobic and OCD are not the same.

8. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Keep in mind its degenerative. Howard Hughes was functional for a long time.. Until he wasnt.

Howard has anxiety and neurosis to an insane degree, if it were cancer it would be considered spread throughout his whole body. Have you seen how his eyes dart back and forth on the HTV replays? He doesnt drive himself for this reason, its all consuming fear and apprehension like the way woody allen gets all nervous and starts itching when someone nearby opens a soda and he hears the fizzing. "I dun noh it just started fizzing all of a sudden and oh boy, god and baby jesus its fizzing".

He goes to a shrink 4 times a week. He's had more plastic surgery than Beeth. His whole life is just lie upon lie. Theres no way he isn't on some kids of meds.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  9. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

10. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I would argue that if he was, he'd be essentially "cured". Someone else argued that taking meds would necessitate that Howard admit he can't be helped without outside aid.

He controls what goes in his body, be it medicine, food, or semen. He controls how many times he goes to the shrink. It's all about control.

11. John Sterling

John Sterling Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    His whole radio life is a lie. It's a persona he rode to success, being that "whacky" every day guy that people could either relate to or find sympathy. He created it, because quite frankly, who would be interested in a Jewish guy from Long Island whose only talent is to shock people? Back then people were more gullible and naive, and taking advantage of that was his only genius. Now, his humor wouldn't fly or be believable, or people just wouldn't give a shit, so he wouldn't be successful. He really isn't talented.

12. BarberFloyd

BarberFloyd God Bless DuPont Chemicals Banned User

Reputations:
    sportsman are notorious for "rituals" they perform to ease the anxiety that anything will cause them bad luck during a game. I doubt it's anything more serious then the stress of performing in front of a large audience for even larger sums of money.

13. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    I dint think he has anxiety.

He worries about two things: marble hoarding and his hair. He's a prisoner to the wig.

Worry. Not an anxiety disorder.

And certainly not OCD. He's a giant pelican liar.

14. Yeahnolisten

Yeahnolisten Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He needed filler for those books written for him - OCD sounded plausible enough.

15. LaserT

Reputations:
    The ones I know started when they were younger, when making no money. :snicker: I never had a superstition or "tic". I feel left out haa.

16. BarberFloyd

BarberFloyd God Bless DuPont Chemicals Banned User

Reputations:
    Maybe your one of the lucky few that perform better under stress lol

17. LaserT

Reputations:
    I don't know about that as I felt anxiety too, but I'm sure your right, it's definitely a stress thing.

18. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:
    Actually howie mandell sounds like a little cunt.. Love to piss in his coffee

19. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I think that this is it.
    Didn't it start with Stuttering John having some kind of counting ritual before opening the door ? Seems like right after that Wiggy was remembering doing unusual things all the time that he never noticed before. He stole OCD from Stuttering John to have something to talk about.

20. Wigward Hairhat

Wigward Hairhat Active Member

Reputations:
    That's the thing about a guy who wears a wig. He's already lying to you before he even opens his mouth.