Politics Watch Tea Party Crowd Boo Trump For Attacking Ted Cruz

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Jan 17, 2016.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:

GOP front runner Donald Trump is accustomed to having adoring supporters pack into stadiums to cheer him — and occasionally rough up protesters — on campaign stops. But things seemed to change during Thursday night’s debate when Trump launched an attack against his closest rival, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.

Trump, who notoriously doesn’t believe that President Barack Obama is a U.S. citizen, began questioning whether Cruz, who was born in Canada, is eligible to run for president, prompting the rowdy debate audience to boo him. The same happened Saturday in South Carolina, according to the Associated Press.

Trump was speaking to an audience of tea party activists on Saturday when he began talking about Cruz’s failure to disclose large bank loans from Goldman Sachs that helped fund his 2012 Senate run.

“You give a campaign contribution to Ted Cruz, you get whatever the hell you want,” Trump said. “And he’s a very nice guy but you have to get — right?”

The audience began booing at this point.

“Excuse me, excuse me,” Trump said nervously, as the audience continued to boo. “He didn’t report his bank loans.”

http://bigstory.ap.org/urn:publicid:ap.org:c1ef3ca6dea846aa8a9ce3021ed3b236

Shortwave98 and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  2. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Not surprisingly, the tea partyers will gladly forgive Cruz for being born under the same circumstances for which they were attempting to disqualify the legitimacy of Obama's presidency (except it looks like unlike Cruz, Obama was actually born in the US). Sorry, but "birthers" leading the hue and cry for Obama's ouster on those grounds have forfeited any moral right to champion Cruz!

Whether he's right or wrong, at least Trump is consistent in refuting both of their claims to natural citizenship

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  3. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Trump will lose support going after Cruz on a phony premise. It was different when he went after rubio on his schumer/rubio gang of 8 bill. That was policy, and Ted Cruz's policies and his voting record is excellent. www.conservativereview.com

4. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
    There is nothing to forgive. He is considered a "natural born citizen", and for Trump to appeal to low information voters just makes people think less of him.

Shortwave98 likes this.
  5. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    So, you're a tea partier now? :)

I invented that and Tim like this.
  6. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    then you never questioned Obama's legitimacy as a natural born citizen, either, right? Cuz it looks like both of them were born to 1 American parent, whether in Hawaii, Kenya or Canada. amirite?

7. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
    Obama is not running and he is the one who tried to hide his muslim heritage.

The Snork likes this.
  8. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Cruz showed his birth certificate without years of bitching and prodding.

The Snork and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  9. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    the one that said "Canada".. where up to a few years ago when renouncing his citizenship, he could have also run for Canadian Prime Minister?

Gusbuss likes this.
  10. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    did you call for his ouster because he was not qualified to run for presidency? Because he was not a natural born citizen? That's the Question LVgal. I don't think anyone is refuting that whether born in Hawaii, Kenya or Canada.. each of them had one American citizen parent.. amirite?

If you did, then you should not support Cruz :dontknow:

ramble and Gusbuss like this.
  11. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
    I'm supporting Ted Cruz because of his record and what he wants to do in the WH.

Abolish the IRS, the Department of Education, the Department of Energy, the Department of Commerce, and the Department of Housing and Urban Development. A Cruz Administration will appoint heads of each of those agencies whose sole charge will be to wind them down and determine whether any programs need to be preserved.
    1. Internal Revenue Services – end the political targeting, simplify the tax code, and abolish the IRS as we know it.
    2. Department of Education – return education to those who know our students best: parents, teachers, local communities, and states. And block-grant education funding to the states.
    3. Department of Energy – cut off the Washington Cartel, stop picking winners and losers, and unleash the energy renaissance.
    4. Department of Commerce – close the “congressional cookie jar” and promote free-enterprise and free trade for every business.
    5. Department of Housing and Urban Development – offer real solutions to lift people out of hardship, rather than trapping families in a cycle of poverty, and empower Americans by promoting the dignity of work and reforming programs such as Section 8 housing.

12. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
    Here is the next set:
    II. TWENTY-FIVE FEDERAL “ABCs”
    Empower the people by reducing the alphabet soup of Agencies, Bureaus, Commissions, and other programs that prop up special interests, at the taxpayer’s expense. A Cruz Administration will identify all unnecessary programs – these 25 are merely a start:
    Eliminate the following Agencies, Bureaus, Commissions, and programs:
    1. Appalachian Regional Commission
    2. Climate Ready Water Utilities Initiative
    3. Climate Research Funding for the Office of Research and Development
    4. Climate Resilience Evaluation Awareness Tool
    5. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
    6. Corporation for Public Broadcasting
    7. Corporation for Travel Promotion
    8. Global Methane Initiative
    9. Green Infrastructure Program
    10. Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
    11. Legal Services Corporation
    12. National Endowment for the Arts
    13. National Endowment for the Humanities
    14. New Starts Transit Program
    15. Pacific Coastal Salmon Recovery Fund
    16. Presidential Election Campaign Fund
    17. Regulation of CO2 Emissions from Power Plants and all Sources
    18. Regulation of Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Vehicles
    19. Renewable Fuel Standard Federal Mandates
    20. Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation
    21. Sugar Subsidies
    22. Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery
    23. UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
    24. UN Population Fund
    25. USDA Catfish Inspection Program
    These are right off his website.

13. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
    And he has been a Natural Citizen since birth. Amazing! This is a non issue, and I'm very disappointed in Trump.

Trump/Cruz 2016

14. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    that's all and good, but if you attacked Obama on being a natural born citizen not for those reasons but because you wanted to repudiate the democratic process by which he was elected, then you're being conveniently disingenuous.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Obama (almost as much as hating the Cheney Cabal) but I disdain hypocrisy even more. Anyone who wants to conveniently ignore the standards of "natural born citizen" when it comes to one candidate as compared to another forfeits the political high ground.. Sorry.

If it's any consolation, if by the remote chance Cruz is elected, it's more than likely that the bleeding heart counterparts of the tea baggers will be spending the first term attempting to repudiate his legitimacy too. And that's only fair, right ? :dontknow:

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  15. beetlejack

beetlejack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think Cruz would make a fine President, but Trump isn't entirely crazy on this, a democratic lawyer in Texas filed suit on Friday for a ruling on his eligibility.

16. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    You're hilarious. Should I search for your posts on the subject as they pertained to Obama? Exactly what @OV was talking about. I guess the birthed nonsense was just that. It was really about something else. I wonder what that was. :bigthink:

Box of Rox likes this.
  17. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Who gives a flying shit? You fucks are eating crow right now and the spin is hilarious.

Box of Rox and Gusbuss like this.
  18. Tim

Tim ty dawg for gold! Gold

Reputations:
    Are we really going to end our hundreds-of-years long tradition of only electing presidents who were born on US soil for this guy?

I'd vote for him if he was the nominee over Hillary or Bernie, but I don't get why the radio guys are all over him. They act like he's perfect and he's nothing special compared to Trump.

[​IMG]

ltd86 likes this.
  19. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    The only problem is Trump WAS wrong. What else is he gonna be wrong about?

20. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Were you for the birthers when they went after Obama?