We have our first sacrificial lamb to the Alter of PC concerning Michael Sam

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by SleepingWarrior, May 12, 2014.

1. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    [h=1]Dolphins fine and suspend player for tweeting negative comment about Michael Sam[/h]When Miami Dolphins safety Don Jones tweeted "horrible" in regards to Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend on ESPN after being drafted by the St. Louis Rams on Saturday, it wasn't a moment the NFL, Sam, the Dolphins or anyone wanted.

But make no mistake, it allowed the NFL an opportunity to send a strong message: If you have public and negative comments about Sam and his sexuality, you will be punished and shamed.
    Jones, a second-year strong safety who had 10 tackles in 16 games last year, tweeted "omg" right after ESPN showed Sam's reaction to being drafted. According to thephinsider.com, when asked on Twitter if he was referring to Sam kissing his boyfriend, Jones tweeted, "horrible."
    The Dolphins and NFL aren't going to mess around with this type of thing. Jones was fined and suspended from all team activities until he completes educational training for his Twitter comments. The Dolphins didn't put this off. On a relatively quiet Sunday around the NFL, the Dolphins announced the punishment, put out a statement from coach Joe Philbin and an apology from Jones.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...tive-comment-about-michael-sam-025704270.html

2. SleepingWarrior

Reputations:
    The most disconcerting portion is the whole business about what amounts to the reeducation camp Jones will be sent to before being reinstated. We've been allowing corporations, at the behest of special interest groups, to force people to tow the line for whatever causes that get the most ink for far too long. Surprisingly though that those who rail against corporate overreach the most are those most likely and willing to back these types of measures in cases such as these.

3. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Yeah that's the scary part. I have no problem with him being fined and suspended. But the fact that he is forced to go to "educational classes" concerning this is crazy. YOU WILL THINK EXACTLY HOW WE WANT YOU TO! I hate the idea that we should all think the same way in our society. Soon we will have "thought police".

4. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Yup, how dare he tweet such racist and homophobic remarks like "horrible" and "OMG" after seeing this sweet tender moment:

[​IMG]

He needs to lose his way of living and be sent to a reeducation camp until he can think the way the establishment thinks!

*sarcasm* So long NFL, nice knowing you!

5. Phan Neepack

Phan Neepack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    THEY go out of their way to make sure everyone knows their personal business, and then get offended when someone proclaims their disapproval ...This world is doomed

6. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    so true. and imagine if it were the other way around and how the left would react?

imagine, members of new york ballet being forcibly instructed on the necessity for the 2nd Amendment? :rofl:

7. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    Just wait if this fag can't hack it and gets cut... if the Rams can even get away with cutting him.

8. pontius pilot

Reputations:

sorry, i don't follow football.

he got picked up by the rams? :haha:

how perfect? :rofl:

9. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    It was between them and the Packers... The Bears were a darkhorse. :c

10. SleepingWarrior

Reputations:
    Only one better would be the Packers.

Damnit, I done been ninja'd

11. pontius pilot

Reputations:
  12. SleepingWarrior

Reputations:
    What kind of Michael Sam are you? Not following football? :facepalm:

13. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    :lol: That would be awesome. You know they would be so mad.

14. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
    As a long-suffering Dolphins fan, I think you guys are blowing this way out of proportion. Any other team, the player would've gotten a slap on the wrist, and then would have tweeted an insincere apology. But the Dolphins have been backed into a corner and have to show zero-tolerance for shit like this due to the whole "Bullygate" bullshit of last season. If you want to get mad at someone, fly to SF and kick Jonathan Martin in his overly-sensitive balls.

15. pontius pilot

Reputations:
    it's too gay. :jj:

16. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    Who came on who's face for luck?

17. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I personally think it was harrible(bad choice of shirt color). But as a player, you have to be smarter than that. They are paid many millions of dollars to act a certain way, it's not that hard. Don't tweet anything, just play football and cash the checks,

18. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

19. SleepingWarrior

Reputations:
    That is the way it is now but we as a people/society can be far far better than that. It really isn't that hard to not punish people for having different opinions and that is what we should be striving for as a society. If opinion turns to action to deny rights then I'm on the other side of the fence but I'm just sick and tired of people being punished for having a goddamn opinion about something because it does nothing to further debate or the exchange of ideas.

I also object on the grounds of "protected classes" being created because, goddamn it, that is the antithesis of equality because it sets up a different set of rules for different people. In this I suppose I'm a high-minded idealist but damn it, it can be achieved if only people would work towards it.

20. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Like the whole anti-bullying campaign - one that advocates bullying of people accused of bullying a protected class. Bullying conservative groups is okay, bullying gays is a hate crime.