We need to start organizing some shit

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Douchebag 007, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    am i the crazy one?

I dunno but it would be cool to have a log of the Rick & Artie show ala Marksfriggin.com and it wouldn't be that hard to do really

maybe we, the heavy listeners, could each pick a day of the week and blog the show alongside the live thread and we could post it up with show clips

im sick of hearing the show in 28k or whatever it's in on the podcast the sound is not good enough.......does anyone want to start recording it in 128kbps with me?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  2. bush22

bush22 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    More so than a marksfriggin, and I hope this doesn't get me banned, I would love to see an OFFICIAL N&A fan network. I would love for Dawg, Mike, and all of the regular posters to be involved in it. I would gladly help towards that. N&A deserves its own site, in my opinion. I would be honored to dead my account at SFN by posting links to the new N&A site in every Artie thread.

The show is going to be on TV soon! I envision a site that posts the DTV N&A show clips as a thread with comments and posts under it in youtube/facebook fashion. A lot of show related pictures.... And of course, a daily show thread. I would guarantee Nick and Artie would plug and participate in the site. Why wouldn't they? SFN would have Howard and Beth posting daily if their fans were half as positive as NWA fans are.

Artie loves to incorporate fans (Rod being the best example). Imagine a site that has a section where people can post their thoughts about the show, while the show is live, and Dan can bring up funny shit that has been posted. People who aren't able to get on the air, or just have a funny thought and can bounce off a joke that Nick or Artie said. Artie could even crack on some posters. I don't think they are above doing that, and in my opinion, would be revolutionary radio. Thank you and goodnight.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  3. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    yea Nick and Artie logs of the show would be a good place to build all that around plus higher quality copies of the show than the podcast - the sound quality is kind of shite

4. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Why would any of Dawgsaloon staff want to dilute the Users by creating another website(at this point in time).
    Right now Artie is NON controversial and is flying under the radar.
    ONCE(if) Artie does well, this section will pick up pace.
    You can't expect a handful of listeners to contribute with the likes of the HS section --- NOT yet anyway.

If you have something to say...Say it by starting a thread "if" appropriate.
    Others will read and either ignore it or reply.

5. bush22

Reputations:
    You're right. It wasn't meant as an insult to dawgsaloon, the N&A forum on this site is the only forum I visit besides finheaven (dolphins forum). No disrepect meant. When the TV show starts, hopefully this section blows up. hows that

6. bush22

Reputations:
    I would never do that. I am not disgruntled. I love the show and this site. I look forward to posting here on show nights, i'm not looking to stand out as the Forum Asswipe.

7. mattyfishrip197

mattyfishrip197 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i like how you think...

there was a saloon gathering last year...that was organized....2nd annual coming up

great movie btw

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  8. bush22

Reputations:
    Is it easy to record it in 128? I travel and listen sometimes on my iphone, but if I am home I would like to contribute... I'll record n cut out the commercials, I am just not sure of how to retain sound quality.

9. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:

i don't think it would be hard the show is 3 one hour segments with some pretty long breaks

i think the 128k eos edits of the stern show end up being about 230MB for a daily stern show including wrap up

so to cap the daily Nick and Artie show it would only require about 200MB to get a really nice full sounding recording of it

ill look into recording software or even ask eos how he does it - not hard to do

10. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:

I was just thinking that it would be cool to start up some log of the rick and artie show

written summaries
    better audio archive
    website?
    felato rape doll

11. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    They need the numbers so they can show to affiliates what it's doing. Try to get Fellato Gellato to put up a higher quality as well (personally, I just listen on my computer and like that they're small files)

12. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    Hopefully when TV starts (and it sounds like it still is good to go) they'll get more staff and one of them can cultivate twitter - a radio show not generating interest, comments and content through twitter is failing at such an easy way to build an audience and a show. Like when artie said let me know the most offensive lin joke it could have been a hashtag like #linsensitive or something, it's promote the show and then they could just click the hashtag and pull the best, etc.

Build a real fucking website - bio, pictures once they are in the loft with guests and rick and artie and don, show comments and/or forum, etc.

13. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    They need to hire someone not in their 50s once they go tv: Artie is dot jgeging and Rick at his low level is paying some motherfucker to tweet for him, Felato seems to have to do anything; christ, it's not that hard, but since those 3 grandpas aren't going to utilize it, they need to get someone to

14. mattyfishrip197

mattyfishrip197 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    fellato gellato...lol...thats fucking funny

15. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:

artie talked about dan's superior Shane who is apparently awesome and in charge of old run down Felato and his Gelato

16. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:

yea I think the podcast is probably 28k which is fing crappy

i can tell from listening to stern for years at 128k - it's worth having the bass , artie is singing songs etc

17. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    I don't think their management knows what to do , they booked them into a bar for Super Bowl week wtf

18. starlit dreamzz

starlit dreamzz Active Member

Reputations:
    I was just thinking, several times this past week, that I wish there was a marksfriggin' for N&A so I can scan over the shows find the days when I heard a particular story, or see a quick overview of what I missed when I'm at the gym working out or something like that and miss the show.

19. nserafini

nserafini Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This guy had the same idea ...

[​IMG]

20. McButterPants

McButterPants New Member

Reputations:
    nvr mnd

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012