Website Takes A Shot At Howard While Promoting The Flaming Lips "Special"

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Apr 23, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Howard Stern, Flaming Lips Team Up For Beatles Tribute Broadcast
    [​IMG]

Yes, Howard Stern is still around, and when he’s not talking trash on podcastershe’s trying to make moves to retain youth relevance. Hence, he’s surrendering his SiriusXM radio studio to weirdo extraordinaires The Flaming Lips on Friday, April 24th for a special broadcast.

Former SNL gem and Portlandia star Fred Armisen will host the show, which will feature the Lips doing songs from their Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band tribute album With A Little Help From My Fwends as well as other surprises. The special premieres at 11pm ET / 8pm PT on Howard Stern’s exclusive SiriusXM channel Howard 101 and through the SiriusXM App on smartphones and other connected devises, as well as online.

With A Little Help From My Fwends was released October 28th from Warner Bros. Records. The band has recorded their own versions of each track on The Beatles’ 1967 classic in their own style, with help from special friends Miley Cyrus, Moby, My Morning Jacket, J. Mascis, Dr. Dog, Phantogram, Tegan and Sara, Grace Potter, Electric Würms and many others. Click here to purchase.

All proceeds from sales of With A Little Help From My Fwends, will be donated to The Bella Foundation, a non-profit organization based in the band’s hometown of Oklahoma City that assists low-income, elderly, or terminally ill pet owners with the cost of veterinary care.

In other Lips news, 2015 marks the 20th anniversary of the critically worshipped Clouds Taste Metallic, The Flaming Lips 7th studio album originally released in 1995. Later in the year the band will be releasing expanded anniversary editions of Clouds Taste Metallic with previously unreleased recordings from the sessions including demos, outtakes, radio sessions, live performances and more. More details to be announced soon.

2. BethSucks

Reputations:
    How dare he challenge the relevance of a guy who has Liza Minelli impersonators, Ted Kennedy impressions and bits about killing gooks in Vietnam.

3. EddyG

EddyG MORON Banned User

Reputations:
    No great fan of this version of the Stern show,but Flaming Lips no big deal either.

4. Shuli sucks

Shuli sucks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The fucking Beatles :facepalm: would the Beatles be still talked about if they weren't 4 jews from Liverpool

5. BethSucks

Reputations:
    Now that they put a marble in his pocket Howard is a big fan, he'll be playing their stuff all weekend as he finishes his latest watercolor of Nick Cannon's crotch.

Marksfriggin:

Flaming Lips Preview, New Prank Call And More. 04/21/15. 7:10am
    Howard said that the Fred Armisen and Flaming Lips Beatles Special is really good. He said he heard a preview of it and it's really good. Howard said the band is s really trippy band. He said they have a cool take on the Beatles songs. He said they were going over the lyrics. He said they really got into it. Howard said the special airs on Friday night on Howard 101. Howard said some of their songs sound like the songs and some are completely out there. He said it's something a little fun for a Friday night. Howard said he had it on and had a nice experience listening.
    Howard played a couple of clips from the special where the Flaming Lips were performing covers of Beatles songs. He said he's a Flaming Lips fan now

Nemo and wigtropolis like this.
  6. Shuli sucks

Shuli sucks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  7. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He is?

RONNIE THE CLAW likes this.
  8. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've seen several articles lately where people who usually kiss Howard's ass are now taking subtle little shots at him. Howard mentioned recently that Bob Lefsetz said nice things about the Imagine Dragons appearance but he didn't go into detail or quote the column like he often does when Bob lavishes praise on him. Made me wonder if there was something in there he didn't like so I checked it out and found this:

"And Howard’s shtick has changed. He’s now part of the interview circuit. Because America is about selling, and you can only get someone to go on the record when they’re hawking something. And with Howard’s newfound status, as a result of network television, he gets the A-listers, they’re whores, and Stern gets more out of them than anyone else but now he too cannot make fun of these people, who so often deserve it. Howard “gets” Madonna” so he “gets” her new album? He could be the only one. It’s already been forgotten."

9. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    BethSucks and itsawig like this.
  10. Captain

Captain Alto, Blanco y Guapo Gold

Reputations:
    Golly Gee Whiz-ikers; I sure do wish I hadn't cancelled my SIRIUS subscription. With cutting edge Muzak like this, it's only a matter of time until the King of Small Media is swinging from a wrecking ball in the nude!

I wonder what the over-under is on Howard doing a "surprise" performance with the guests on a Beatles tune? Will it be: Lucy in the Sky? No, vocals are too high. Fixing a Hole? Nope; not rock-and-roll enough. Being for the Benefit? Nah, too obscure. Within Without You? It is TM-oriented, but a little too long. I'm going with the title track (first or the reprise) or "Getting Better."

11. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Has Howard and Team Buchwald had this article removed from the site yet?

Beffquus and BringBackJackie like this.
  12. Caffeinated

Caffeinated Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    1) what site is the article posted by OP from -- more curious than anything.

2) I happened to catch this segment while driving around today. Songs sucked.

13. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Howard trying to save his channel with less than 70 live shows left before his contract ends. :giggle:

Caffeinated likes this.
  14. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    I think Howard is a slave to consultants in a desperate attempt to up his horrendous q-rating.

15. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i thought they broke up

16. The Jackie chair

The Jackie chair Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Everything about this "special" is irrelevant The Beatles, The Flaming Lips and The Gunk.

17. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hear next month they will be hosting a special on Howard 101 hosted by Whitney Cummings with the Starland Vocal Band performing all of Motorhead's biggest hits.

18. jon1972us

jon1972us Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've never heard of the Flaming Lips. Are they an all fag band?

19. JonnySoul

JonnySoul Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Where does Howard come to the Flaming Lips?

This is a Sirius idea and Howard just went along with it

20. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The only thing I know about the Flaming Lips is they did this song.

It was a nice little novelty song from the Grunge era, but I never really thought much about them.