Wed 2/27 Listening Thread

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Ipokesmot, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    In. :beer:

Tonight, Artie has: Comedian - Paul Virzi, Music from "Jolly" and Brian Westbrook of CBS Sports.

[​IMG]

2. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    I guess that gif might be appropriate :)

3. IamPigMan

IamPigMan New Member

Reputations:
    arties forum is as dead as his show

[video=youtube;npjOSLCR2hE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjOSLCR2hE[/video]

4. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    show is very much alive, but who wants to sift through this cesspool forum of uninteresting fags that hate artie and all the junkies rooting for Artie to relapse.

You fruits ruined a perfectly good forum, which is fine, the fact that you guys are all such bores is what is terrible.

5. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So you think that the show is as good as ever?

6. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    you don't so great. Who cares.

7. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah and from comments others here have made and the lack of traffic here on the forum I'm not the only one. I'm a big Artie fan, but the show hasn't been the same since they went to TV, and since Nick left. I know you worship the ground Artie walks on so you won't admit that the show has declined. Don't worry, Artie won't hate you if you admit it. He's even said himself a bunch of times he's just there to get money for his mother.

8. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    Why does liking Artie's show and not rooting for him to relapse = "worships the ground he walks on"?

:uscratch:

But yeah, Artie clearly being on something the week before last, then taking a week off, certainly didn't win him any new fans, and seemed to chase a few people here away.

There are also the reasons mpa listed.

All that aside it was a really good show last night..........................and there wasn't a sidekick. :up:

9. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well, for starters blaming the lack of traffic here in the Artie forum on the people who post here instead of admitting that the show has declined and some are losing interest because of it.

10. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I will admit that for me it was going to Directv that really changed it for me. They should cut out the bands and the tons of guests they have on.

11. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    were the N&A or Artie listening threads ever popular? Listening live SUCKS.

Way too many breaks, unable to fast forward bands. I'm on the east coast, the show is on at 10, I'd have to stay up to 1AM to finish the show. Usually I'm doing other shit at night...Mornings are better for listening threads in my opinion.

12. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I haven't listened to a show for 3 weeks now. My father-in-law passed away during that time, but also I was getting a little fed up with the 30 minute Bochetti devotional segment every show started opening up with.

13. HorseVsPelican

Reputations:
    Yeah, at least when they first started they would be like 5 pages long at night.

14. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:
    Contrary to popular belief a radio show's success can't be judged by the amount of posts on a forum. I listen to every show, do I listen live? Hardly ever. When I do listen live, do I post in the listening thread? Nope, hardly ever.

15. HorseVsPelican

Reputations:
    But it's a sample size. The Stern forum has more listeners. Stern videos on youtube have more views than Artie Lange stuff.

16. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    I still laugh, I enjoy not having to hear Dipaolo, but it's no fun around here anymore because everything is some uninteresting discussion about artie being high or that people must worship artie if they still like the show, etc. Like I said, you don't like the show anymore, great, who cares. Can't think of anything less interesting than defending the comedy merits of a show.

17. HorseVsPelican

Reputations:
    Dude, this whole site is like that. Look at the Stern forum, most people there claim to hate the show and Howard yet go out of their way to pirate the show and listen to it daily.

I honestly can't remember the last time I listened to a full show. I tune in here and there when I'm in the car and that's it.

18. mattzane227

mattzane227 Active Member

Reputations:
    I watch the show on DVR a week or 2 after it's aired so the listening thread is like 3 pages back by the time I get to it.

19. Markyjonz

Markyjonz Active Member

Reputations:
    I dvr the show every night so I can watch it the next day at my convenience. I want to like the show, but the fact is it's boring. I fast forward through the bands and awful unknown east coast comics.

I thought the show might get better without Nick but it's worse. Now it's just Artie rambling on while the co-host just sits there looking confused.

20. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:
    How will you ever like a new comic if you fast forward through all of them? Not all of them are awful.