Wednesday 05-29-13 Show Thread

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by ltd86, May 29, 2013.

1. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Tonight the prestigious guest list includes Brian Jones, Greg Wyshynski (HOCKEY analyst) and the band Tea Leaf Green.

Can't wait to find out how Tea Leaf Green met, where they're from, etc.!

& Hockey analysis? Is that what the show's come to? Should be humorous to watch Artie feign interest during this segment.

2. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Their booker gets 6 figures to check Myspace for bands while Felato contacts random sports bloggers and Artie takes drop-ins from road comic friends of friends. Please Artie, take over your own show and make it funny. We know you try sometimes but come on. The sports and music are often bad filler.

3. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I enjoy the sports talk when it's just Artie, but I know a lot of listeners aren't sports fans. Again, why I think Sid Rosenberg is the perfect fit, as he's a legitimate sports broadcaster and a funny bastard.

4. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Kick Jon out and let Brian Jones co-host.

5. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    I like sports a lot but it usually doesn't fit with the show as Artie hasn't really kept up with the sports world since the early 80's. Still, if they got decent analysts it would be much better but a random hockey (any hockey analyst would be bad) and all of the other sports analysts they get from the "Big 10 Network" etc. are pathetic. It's tough to transition from hearing about Bocchetti jerking off to breaking down the 2-3 zone with some nobody from the Piscataway Journal all while Artie is half nodding off.

6. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    It actually reminds me a lot of when Francessa used to be on Imus in the Morning, if anyone here ever heard that. Imus only really cared about a few sports, and even though, Francessa was a great sports radio guy, he just didn't fit the show. Then, Sid Rosenberg came on and knew how to handle that type of show and it was the best era of Imus for my money. Considering Sid is out of work, I don't know why his name hasn't come up since I know he'd love to get back to NYC from Miami. Also, another name no one has thrown out, but I think Max Kellerman could be a great co-host.

7. KimChee

KimChee New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I thought Artie hated hockey? What the hell is this guy doing on? They need to just drop the sports all together and just have comics on. Maybe a Tough Crowd format. Now that was a great show and could easily be adopted for this show. Just two or three comics shooting the shit with Artie for a couple of hours would be great.

8. Undercarriage

Undercarriage Active Member

Reputations:
    Hold the fucking phone! Sid's out of work?

9. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    I might be wrong, but he was suspended and went to rehab awhile back, and they had another guy hosting his show. Did he come back from that, at the time people were acting like he was done?

EDIT: Here's the link to the podcast of his show. http://wftlsports.com/?page_id=2273 Sid hadn't been hosting, but maybe he just came back/or is coming back? I'll have to give it a listen when Artie is over.

EDIT AGAIN: The descriptions list Sid as being the host again, so apparently he is back on the air. Anyone who wants to bitch about Artie relapsing and worrying about his firing should consider that Sid STILL has this job. :jj:

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  10. TelegramSam

Reputations:
  11. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Tough crowd was most underrated show of all time I think. The list of regulars on that show were some of the best comics of all time.

12. Undercarriage

Undercarriage Active Member

Reputations:
    lol didn't know Sid wrote a book. I'm definitely getting that. Thinking of thr good ole days with Sid and Bernie brings a smile to my face. Thanks Sam.

13. KimChee

Reputations:
    Is this band for real? :facepalm:

14. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    suck a cock faggot ass troll...thx for the neg rep you dumb bitch.:hat:

15. KimChee

Reputations:
    Hey Canadian Faggot, not me. Have never neg rep anyone. But, I think you will be the first. Got one coming your way shit face.

16. hemdawg

hemdawg New Member

Reputations:
    I was half-listening again during the sports talk and found that my ears perked up when Jon, Brian and Artie were all talking about concussions. And of course, the reprimands jokes. Brian was great with the "stick with the r's" comment. In the second hour, the actual group improv was all over the place but the ramp-up and debrief was really fun to listen to.

17. JB50

JB50 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

Gotta be a supporter to neg rep genius.

18. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    its one of his many mults faggot.

19. NoddinOff

NoddinOff New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Kimchee you've neg rep'd me you lying little faggot, I havent negged anyone though, Im not a faggot though and dont even know how to do it and wouldnt anyway. What kind of fag cares about ratings from random screen names on the internet?

20. JB50

JB50 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    You fuckers are insane with the mult bullshit.