Wednesday 2/5/14 - Mrs. NotFired

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Peau de Soie, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    "Tonight! Artie welcomes in actor/comedian Lavell Crawford, funnyman & sportspodcaster Jason Lawhead and sportscaster Kenny Albert!!"

Never heard of any of those people, so yeah.

Blobcchetti is back, and in a "bit" that Artie had to really oversell at the top of the show. I understand that Artie seems to like having his own personal Gary The R. to dress up and laugh at, but it's just not funny for the rest of us. When Ritchie has the best line of the morning something is wrong.

I'm not even 20 minutes in and it's gone on way too long.

On the bright side, the Twins don't seem to know that Betty Ford was a first lady, or a real person. (They seem to think it's just the name of a clinic.)

2. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Oh wait, the son of the toupee guy who liked to bite, I remember they had him on before. Just great.

3. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    The second I saw that monstrosity I jammed the FF down.

How disgusting.

Of course it wasn't just the opening bit....That disgusting, unfunny clown kept polluting the entire show.

How nauseating.

Lazy ass Artie destroying his own show.

What a cruel joke to play on loyal viewers

4. sexyfatfunny

sexyfatfunny New Member

Reputations:
    It's a nice play on words, but a horrible comedy bit. I'm usually entertained by Artie just smashing on Bocchetti...but this shit is horrific.

5. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There was a great flow with Lawhead and then Artie put the brakes on it by forcing that Bocchetti bit into an entire segment.

6. sexyfatfunny

sexyfatfunny New Member

Reputations:
    Watching the Kenny Albert interview now, Arties questions are fucking killing me.

7. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    The delusional blob can't even remember his character's name, keeps calling himself Mrs. Doubtfire. What a waste of an enormous amount of flesh. (In fact the only funny part of the endless intro bit was the quick drops with Robin Williams' voice.) And he apparently did even less prep than he did for da wedda bid. Luckily for me at least I only do the audio. It's amazing that Artie thinks this is a worthy comedic sidekick. He's not even a good target of derision, because he's too stupid and pitiable. Every time they turn to him we know exactly what he'll have to say or contribute -- zip. (Artie's new and accurate impression of him, becuz, becuz, is 1,000 times more entertaining.)

This is getting tedious. The generic fat black comic wasn't funny, and this other guy isn't much better. He and Artie make the SAME reference, mocking how an audience might talk, and yet only Artie's impression is actually energetic and funny. In the end, though, there have been worse shows. So there's that. :)

8. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This sums up the Bocchetti problem for me too. I was hoping that management had had enough and put the kibosh on the whole farce. I guess if the whole ship goes down, it's going down with Mike.

9. jaceson

jaceson Member

Reputations:
    Mikey B is only entertaining if they are ripping on him. I wouldn't be surprised if Mike cried to management about being forced outside and was then given some time off..

10. ronaldjacobs123

ronaldjacobs123 Member

Reputations:
    Dump the bit and bring back Mike. (never thought i would say this)

11. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Goutfire bit was atrocious, even the sound drops were grating.

Pretty sad how much Artie relies on Mike for comedy even though he sucks. At the end of Tuesday's show they had a lot of time to kill, and since there was no Bocchetti to shove down our throats they had to rely on topics from the internet to kill time. Nothing wrong with this, since the majority of the Nick and Artie show was just the two of them riffing on topics. Only difference is, they were two funny comedians who know how to talk and egg each other on with usually hilarious results. This time: Jon + Artie = boring, uninteresting show filler. I would have rather heard Dan than Ritchie.

12. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Exactly.

I never thought I'd say this but Mike is underpaid. As terrible as he is, he is the bulk (no pun intended) of the show now.
    And Ritchie is the definition of dead weight. He's worse than worthless because he's constantly stepping on (tripping over) bits.
    Artie's really the problem. I'm sure the lazy fuck could exert more creative control over the show. I guess he likes just throwing it to Bocchetti so he can just sit there asking questions once in a while. And I guess he's too lazy to really look for a real replacement to Nick.
    As much as Mannix, Stover, Paul Virzi, St. Louis guy, etc. sucked, they would all be immeasurably better than neanderthal man

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  13. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Is "they'll afford a decent cohost when Nick's contract runs out" still a viable theory, 'cause it seems past that time? By the way, I completely disagree on one point -- no one is worse than Stover. He proves it again every time they (inexplicably) have him back in as a guest.

As much as I disliked Nick I'll give you this much -- IF, I say, IF they didn't have him play the role of HARD BREAK Time Cop the way he used to, and if he could avoid interrupting Artie's riffs with another round of sports scores (hey, I just realized they haven't done the scores in forever - YAY) - then yeah, I'd definitely prefer him as a cohost. I don't really give a crap about his politics or his "politically incorrect view" if he / they just let the show be funny too.

But heck, Craig Gass or Colin Quinn or any number of other solid B or C listers would be just fine as well. (Norm would be a freaking dream.) That comic Mike Something (Jewish guy with non-Jewish name from Florida) they had on was also good.

14. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    I think you mean the homeless-looking guy, Mike Lawrence?

Brian Jones would be really good too. Norm makes good sense but I dont know what the deal with that is (maybe location problems?). I don't want to like him but I always find Gary Gulman pretty funny on the show too.

The good thing about Nick was that it was another comedian providing content and ideas to the show. Ritchie's idea of contributing is asking people if they're "standing up" this weekend

Also, Stover is extremely dull but he knows his role and speaks at a more tolerable pace and in a less jarring rhythm. Stover is just worthless while Ritchie is a detriment

15. jaceson

jaceson Member

Reputations:
    Ritchie is growing on me. Much of the time they just roll over his comments and he doesn't really crowbar them in..Tonight I might write down comments of his that I think are witty. Last night him saying "that skirt is very slimming" cracked me up. He also pointed out that Goutfire looks like Barbara Bush....Not bad...

16. Peau de Soie

Reputations:

I misremembered -- it was dueling hockey announcer impressions. Point stands, the other guy wasn't trying very hard or being funny...

17. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Ugh, the guy just did possibly the worst Artie impression ever. And Art's lathering him up for it. Sigh.

Oh. My. God .Mike just told the why did the chicken cross the road joke. For real. Without irony. Kill me.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  18. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    I think the sad truth is no one with any pride or talent wants anything to do with this shitfest, Nick only yelled "HARD BREAK" because Dan was yelling in his ear Nick's politics was fine by me as long as they made me laugh and they did that every show
    I haven't laughed too damn much since Nick left, I think I watch it for the train wreck now I suppose and maybe the occaisional laugh

19. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    Ritchie doesn't bother me and I did laugh at the Barbara Bush comment and then one of the retarded twins said something retarded and par for those dimwits, something about not having a DUI or raising drunk kids? which she was alluding to Laura I think?

20. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Mrs. Goutfire might have been a funny joke, but by no means was it meant to be turned into a bit.

I wonder what Ritchie washes more often: his hair or that Stanford fleece?