News Weird Texas News: Mom Arrested After Kids Drown

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Jul 14, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Texas mom Patricia Allen arrested after three of her children drowned in apartment swimming pool
    IRVING Texas -- A grieving mother of three drowned children bonded out of a Dallas-area jail Saturday, according to CBS DFW.

A court document says Patricia Allen was found staring at the apartment swimming pool in Irvin, Texas where three of her children, who police say couldn't swim, had disappeared underwater on Wednesday, June 24. the station reported. However, her husband and friends vehemently dispute this description, saying an innocent, heartbroken woman is behind bars.

"Patricia Allen is far from a criminal," said Anthony Bond, a family spokesman, according to CBS DFW. "She is a loving, caring, and one of the sweetest people I've met for the first time. And she's a grieving mother."

One child died that day. Two others were pronounced dead four days later.

On Friday July 10, Irving police arrested Allen, 30, for a single count of injury to a child, reports the station. According to court documents, a witness reportedly said Allen was distracted by a cell phone and not watching her three children in the pool. Two other witnesses claim that Allen was not reacting when they arrived on the scene to see the three children missing.

"[They] walked up to the pool and saw the mother sitting on the edge of the pool looking outward toward the deeper end of the pool and also observed that the water was still and calm, that there was no flapping or splashing or bubbles in the water," Irving Police Spokesman James McLellan reportedly said. "It was at that point that the mother stepped out."

"Everybody's saying that she's an irresponsible mother, squash that!" Bond said emphatically. "It's not true!"

Patricia Allen's husband was too distraught to go on camera, but told the CBS station that the children, ages 9, 10 and 11, could swim well enough to be in the pool.

Child Protective Services took two of Allen's surviving children, ages 3 and 6, into custody. They were reportedly with her at the time of the incident.

The family spokesman says all this happened just as several churches and neighbors had begun donating toys to the family, offering help and even adopting the family and moving them into a house in an attempt to give them a fresh start, says the station.

"This is inhumane what CPS has done," Bond said.

Bond said churches planned to reach out to Allen and to post her $50,000 bond on Monday, reports the station.

smichal likes this.
  2. BethSucks

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

smichal likes this.
  3. suckemnuckledus

suckemnuckledus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  4. BethSucks

Reputations:
    I don't really get it, by the time I was 11 I'd go to the neighbors's pool all the time, we didn't need supervision and if the younger kids started fucking around we'd settle it. Three elementary school age kids drowning is weird.

smichal likes this.
  5. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    so all three drowned or she drowned all three?

6. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    We're drowning in millenials now.

7. John Walker

John Walker Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I need more details before passing judgement. Ain't looking too good for her, though. Reminds me of one the cases we had to study back in the ol college days.

8. John Walker

Reputations:
    When I was a kid my mom used to tell us not to drown or we'd catch a beating. Must have worked.

9. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This sounds extremely fishy- she couldn't possibly have ignored THREE children thrashing around? There's a difference between noise from playing & help I'm drowning noise. WTF

10. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Water is racist.

11. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
    My mom told if I fell out of the tree house I built and broke my legs not to come running to her. My swimming lessons consisted of my father throwing me off the dock into the lake and telling me to paddle like a dog.

12. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
    It's also fishy that she was alone with the kids at an apartment swimming pool. No mother in her right mind is going to leave three kids by themselves to drown to answer a cell phone call. My money is on she either drowned them or purposely let them drown.

ilovebacon likes this.
  13. John Walker

Reputations:
    Sounds about right. I honestly don't get kids these days. Always wanting to run and tattle to the police the second you start caving their head in for dropping a Capri Sun on the kitchen floor. Wah wah wah "I can feel my left arm" wah wah wah. They must be putting bitch tonic in the tap water nowadays.

14. maroon

maroon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    blacks don't swim. its weird but true. they can swim if taught, but its damn awkward for most even if they do learn.

15. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Husband?

John Sterling likes this.
  16. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There is a difference.

Drowning tends to be a very quiet event.

Drowning is the second-most common cause of accidental death in children ages 1 to 14 (just behind motor vehicle accidents). In a 2004 study by a national safety group, 90 percent of children who drowned did so while under the care of an adult or a teenager. In many cases, the study suggests, that person had a momentary lapse of attention.
    But the fact is that often those watching don’t know what to look for—because drowning doesn’t look like drowning. To ward off a tragedy in the making, watch for these signs that someone is in trouble.

1. They can’t call for help—she has to be able to breathe before she can speak. When a person is drowning, her mouth sinks below and reappears above the surface of the water. There isn’t time for her to exhale, inhale, and call out.

2. They can’t wave for help either. A drowning person instinctively extends her arms to the sides and presses down to lift her mouth out of the water; a child may extend her arms forward. She can’t use her arms to move toward a rescuer or reach for rescue equipment.

3. They remain upright in the water, with no evidence of kicking. She can struggle for only 20 to 60 seconds before going under.

4. Their eyes are glassy, unable to focus, or closed.

5. Their face may be hard to see; hair may be over forehead or eyes.

6. Their Head is low in the water, with mouth at water level; head may be tilted back with mouth open. A child’s head may fall forward.

7. They are quiet. Children playing in the water make noise. When they get quiet, you need to get to them and find out why.

8. They don’t seem in distress. Sometimes the most important indicator that someone is drowning is that she doesn’t look like she’s drowning. She may just seem to be looking up at the sky, shore, pool deck, or dock. Ask her, “Are you all right?” If she can answer at all, she probably is. If she returns a blank stare, you may have less than 30 seconds to get to her.

Read more: http://www.rd.com/advice/parenting/8-quiet-signs-of-someone-drowning/#ixzz3ftMlQKaQ

Bye You! and ilovebacon like this.
  17. You Knew!

You Knew! Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

18. maroon

maroon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    you're right we're all the same:rolleyes:...here come the pc faggots

19. rockstarhair

rockstarhair Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I live in the DFW area and this story has been in the news for a couple of weeks. One thing is, none of them knew how to swim including the mother. The first report was that she was playing with another child when the three ventured into the deep end. When the children went under, she did scream for help and that's when an employee of the apt complex showed up to retrieve the kids.
    Such a sad story. Which begs the question;If no one can swim, why go into a pool with a deep end?

20. Thikken Vaney

Thikken Vaney What's everyone looking at?

Reputations:
    They all forgot their arm floaties?