Entertainment Well, you knew this was coming after Ghostbusters

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Dean Wormer, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Dean Wormer

Dean Wormer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lost Boys Remake with all female cast.

https://fogstowjamison.com/lost-boys-reboot-serve-girls-cast-video/

‘The Lost Boys’ Reboot To Serve Up An All Girls Cast [Video]
    July 10, 2016 Nick Younker Horror News 5

[​IMG]
    The Lost Boys was one of those vampire movies that everyone and their brother loved. If it wasn’t for the horror element of the film being all about young vampires, the there was the comedy and picturesque scenery that drew in large crowds. Even as an R-rated horror film, it has been billed by many as a horror-comedy franchise that featured the first blockbuster film from 1987, then two straight to video sequels in 2008 and 2010.

Be sure to check out the Kindle book that inspired the website below.

But now that there has been some chatter about another The Lost Boys film being made with an all girl cast, there is something to think about for the film. First of all, The Lost Boys is not just about teenage boys who party all night and sleep all day (it’s fun being a vampire). The Lost Boys seemed to cling to the notion that the modern generation, which was the 1987 teenager, was being lost to the world and adults were not being very good role models for their children.

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

Follow
    [​IMG]Julissa Ragazzi @juliragaz

"The Lost Boys" > 1987 > Directed by: Joel Schumacher > Horror / Horror Comedy / Teen Movie

5:33 PM - 30 Jun 2016

But it was about a generation of kids, not just boys. There was of course Star (Jamie Gertz) who was a part of the theme that alienated “The Lost Boys” and could have better defined the film as The Lost Generation. Although many have said that the film was in some way a retelling of Peter Pan, it is safe to assume that it was about vampires of the youth who have to cling to anything in this mean world to survive.

So with the new sequel, it might be more befitting to call it a remake. For starters, The Lost Boys: The Thirst, which was the third and last sequel in the franchise, killed off all of the vampires in the world by taking out the alpha and severing the bloodline, thus releasing all others from the curse. That being said, there is essentially no more vampires in the world to make The Lost Girls. But there was that hint at the end of the film that the franchise would continue on with werewolves in the theme, but that never materialized.

That means that the next Lost Boys film in the franchise, which will be The Lost Girls, will have no other choice than to bill itself as a reboot. The gender swap is also something that Hollywood has been doing now for quite some time. Not only did it happen with Ghostbusters, but it is has also happened in several TV shows that have come out recently. In Hannibal, Dr. Alan Bloom was gender swapped with Dr. Alana Bloom. So was Freddy Lounds on the same show. There was also Dr. Seward on Penny Dreadful, who was originally a male character in the novel Dracula by Bram Stoker.

But an original actor from The Lost Boys, Corey Feldman, does not see the idea of having an all female cast in the reboot as a good one, according to Movie Web.

“After what happened with Ghostbusters, I would veer to stay away from that idea,” Corey Feldman toldMovie Web. “I’m not a hater. I encourage all artistic endeavors. And I support anything as long it’s good. I just hate seeing crap, and I hate seeing schlock. And I hate seeing when they take a very valuable and positive franchise and destroy it with something that sounds like a really good idea, but is not.”

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

Follow
    [​IMG]️HMZ's Horror Update @HMZHorror

UPDATE: Cory Feldman Says NO! To Making #TheLostBoys,#TheLostGirls "I do not think it is a good idea."..cuz of #GB

8:02 PM - 9 Jul 2016

At this point, The Lost Boys, or The Lost Girls, has not been confirmed by Warner Bros and there has been no indication from the studio that the project is moving forward. But there is a lot of hype for the film and that is what the studios look at when they are weighing their options for a green light.

2. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    When are they going to remake Saving Private Ryan with an all female cast?