What about the Future?? THe BFF is trying to talk me in to college

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Super Mario, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Super Mario

Super Mario Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;wPwCMnHk2t4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPwCMnHk2t4[/video]

I really do not know what the hell to do at this point. Im still thinking about going in to the airline service and being a Stewert. If I do go to college it will be a 2 year community college im thinking.she said I can get a grant or a loan or something. So what do you think I should go in to SRS ?? Help me out .I was thinking about Nursing but I really not in to helping people like that but I like the money so something with that kind of money. I was also thinking about taking a writing class too to improve my spelling and maybe be a writer. I also like to draw and I was thinking about web design or something around that area. what do you guys do ??? you all seem to have really nice jobs where you get to hang out on the computer all day . Honestly I would like something like that too where I can be getting paid just like you guys!!:smiley: please help this is my future were talking about no bs please.

Oh she also said I could put a little bit of the loan towards a car too ...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  2. Butcher

Butcher ?

Reputations:
    You should be a motivational speaker

3. k4D3t

k4D3t Reverse Apache Master VIP

Reputations:
    are you eligible for any financial aid for reeducation of the unemployed? I'm not a big fan of people going to school if they aren't reasonably certain they want to be doing the job for some time -- if you're toying with being a nurse, become a certified nurses aide and work in the job for a few months -- I recommend getting an entry level job of some sort of whatever field your interested in just to get your feet wet a little to make a more informed decision

my advice, unless you are passionate about doing a particular job, DO NOT incur student loan debt for it

and could we get some more BFF pics for christsakes!

4. Tuesday

Tuesday VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    How about just taking 1 or 2 classes to see if you like it? For the record, there are lots of cute, young guys in college skewl too. :hump:

5. banksy

banksy You wrote "I love you" in lipstick on the mirror VIP

Reputations:
    You should get in tight with Splash. He runs a domestic steak sales empire.

6. Motoflou

Motoflou New Member

Reputations:
    There's always the circus :dontknow:

7. k4D3t

Reputations:
    Wal-Mart will bankrupt him in 6 mos.

8. Super Mario

Reputations:
    I dont understand what the bold means? I like sitting down in front of a computer. I dont want to be 40-50 having to run around I did enough of that in my 20s in the factory. and the bff told me she has new FB pics she going to update . Ill post them here if she does:smiley:

9. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Have you considered healthcare as a profession ? LPN nursing courses are only a year and you'll never be without a job.

10. banksy

banksy You wrote "I love you" in lipstick on the mirror VIP

Reputations:
    You can get a good look at a T Bone by sticking your head up a cow's ass. But wouldn't you rather just trust the butcher? :up:

11. k4D3t

Reputations:
    schnikes

12. k4D3t

Reputations:
    at various times the government has set up special programs to help pay to educate unemployed workers to get them back in the workforce -- I don't know if there are special grants or anything currently available -- that's all I was saying -- I imagine whoever you deal with that is handling your unemployment would know about that -- I assume you deal with a real person?

13. Super Mario

Reputations:
    i mumble alot or I would . guys here is what the bff Said to me feel free to pick it apart or tell me what you agree or disagree with .srs she is so smart and very persuasive I love having a friend like her in my life.
    :smiley:

Go to school. You can get financial aid and extra to cover living expenses (aka a car). You need to get a degree/certification in something.

When you're pushing 40, you're gonna want a desk job. You can't have one if you don't go to school. You won't want to be working on a cruise ship with 18 year olds and foreigners from 3rd world countries.

Say you need it for living expenses. My sister does that... She got like 2000 bucks extra and furnished her apartment last year.
    Since you're dead broke... they'll certainly give you financial aid. Maybe even grants. Plus, you don't have to work for awhile. Use it to your advantage. Go to Tri-C. If you take out the maximum government school year loan, I think it's like 8 or 9 thousand per year. Tri-C is only like 2,000/year if that... That's quite a bit of extra cash to get back on your feet and get a car.
    Hell, I even took out an extra thousand every year just to buy my books.

Then I used the money leftover for whatever.... They don't care if I bought the books or not. They send you a check for whatever wasn't used for tuition and you cash it at the bank.

Then you can pocket it or buy a car..... Just make sure you go to school though. Because if you have to pay it back, you may as well get a good job out of the deal.

Graphic design or web design would be a good fit. Check out LCC or Tri-C. See what they have.... Seriously, you shouldn't have a problem getting a cheap car with the leftover financial aid. You could even take out extra to help pay for an apartment and wait tables to supplement the rest. By the end of the first school year, you'll be on your feet.. Hell, by the end of the first semester, you'll be on your feet.[/I]

14. Butcher

Butcher ?

Reputations:
    Have you thought about being a customer service consultant to Mcdonolds?

15. Super Mario

Reputations:
    no but its definitly something to consider a year huh?? and it pays okay like over 14 bucks an hour?

16. Super Mario

Reputations:
    Ill prob be the oldest guy at college .I am afraid to I forgot alot of stuff from highschool since its been 12 years.

17. Motoflou

Motoflou New Member

Reputations:
    I have a lot of friends who have gotten the max amount of student loans, and spent most of it on things they needed. I mean...in my friends' cases, they spent it on booze and video games. But I suppose a more mature person could use the leftover money for important life things!

But paying loans back sucks, man. It might not sound so bad, but...it takes forever.

School is never a bad idea, though there is so much luck involved in finding a good job. Just a few years ago, I had a great-paying office job, and I got it just by knowing a guy who worked there. Everyone else had degrees in Computer Science, and...I had like 1 semester of Journalism (i'm a dropout lololol).

Going to school for something computer-related would be cool, but it's really all according to how active you wanna be. Because sitting at a desk all day sounds like a good thing, but when you're doing it, it can drive you a little batshit crazy sometimes.

I do know that it's never too late, though. I have close friends who used to be huge partyers, and they went back to school in their late-20s. One is a math professor now, his wife is a lawyer!

I know I don't know you very well, but good luck, Mario!

18. Butcher

Butcher ?

Reputations:
    Hair dresser??

19. k4D3t

Reputations:
    you will absolutely NOT be the oldest guy at college -- there is a strong minority of 30somethings and 40somethings at every college -- and there's always some old fucks who just like to take classes

20. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    At least. I can kind of relate to your situation. I went back to college in my 30s. I do custom kitchen work and I needed computer classes to keep up with drafting programs and cnc milling machines. It seemed like everyone in community college that I went to was either there for Nursing or Physical therapy assistant. I was shocked that there were people older than me in a lot of my classes.