What are your hobbies?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    What keeps you entertained? The areas are ok, but provide some detail.

For instance, I like video games (area) and I've been drawn back into the Starcraft vortex, playing ranked 4v4 matches. (Detail)

I'm also into wood working, and am currently helping a friend install a coffered ceiling, which is a pain in the ass.

I also brew and am currently working on an ice cider. The apples were frozen and thawed aabout 60 days the ground and pressed. The juice was spiked with yeast, fermented, then transferred to a secondary fermentor where they currently sit, awaiting clarification and bottling. Still not sure if I'm going to go still (I.e. Kill the yeast and filter) or let it go sparkling, (don't kill the yeast and live with a hazy product). If anyone knows how to clarify a sparking home brew, it would be appreciated.

2. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    I like children (area), they are tasty (detail)

3. Tickle Shits

Tickle Shits Special Needs Typist. Gold

Reputations:
    Kids take a bunch of my time, but brewing beer takes up the rest along with photography.

4. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Working on my "fun" cars. Currently an '87 GN. Just maintenance and performance goodies. I plan on getting an old tractor to tinker with as well.

Maintaining my modest farm. Everything from cutting down trees, putting up fence to restoring and remodeling the house/garage/barn. Whatever it takes.

Xbox One/PS4. Killing stuff or racing.

Playing with and taking care of my 5 pups. Not really a hobby but something, usually, relaxing and fun.

5. Gooch

Gooch Member

Reputations:
    I had to give up video games.

My hobbies used to be drawing, writing, video game playing (loved WoW), watching hockey. Tooling around on a message board or two.

Then I changed over to the blogosphere last several years and now am a credentialed blogger for hockey. Video games had to go to the wayside. So I have a published writing hobby that became a bit more as it got me paid.

I still draw, but now take photos (which has blown up a bit), and do some fiction writing as a hobby. I've had it in mind to give making beer a shot but my free time is so fleeting. Most message board life has now reverted to Facebook groups and Twitter. I do play an iPad game now and again.

If I had more free time, I'd try to push on being a more consistent fiction writer and publish a few items and see how it goes. Something to work on in the new year.

6. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    How 'bout right now, you focus on getting well, ok! :nag:

7. Lemmy

Reputations:
    Outta commission for 6 weeks from 12/24. I follow doctor's orders to the letter. :toptip:

I got shit to do tho so this sucks. :fil:

8. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:
    Pumping off

9. IfTheyOnlyKnew

Reputations:
    ALL of it can wait!! Your health is more important. :hug:

If you don't take care of yourself, you won't BE here to do those things, anyway. They can wait!

10. Pickle Jar

Pickle Jar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Listening to classic music, reading, water indoor plants,thinking about the solar system, drinking black coffee,laughing at stupid humans,tasting foods,sex,expensive perfumes(Creed),Louis Vuitton men items,drinking great beer,watching cinema,sleeping to escape,hugging my dogs and dawgshed.

11. Whipping Post

Whipping Post VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Watching hockey
    Listening to music
    Playing basketball
    Watching football
    Working out,no jogging (that's for fags)
    Reading
    Going to the movies
    Poker
    Wiffleball
    Tennis ball hockey
    Racquetball
    Laying out in the sun

12. dexterdog

dexterdog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm a model railroader. Yes, I play with trains. Been into trains ever since I was a kid, got the requisite Lionel train set one year for Christmas probably when I was 6 or 7 and I haven't looked back since. It's a relaxing and multi-faceted hobby requiring skills in carpentry to build the bench work to hold up the layout, electronics as control systems have gotten very versatile as well as requiring some artistic aptitude to create believable and realistic scenery. Nothing beats a stressful day of work than going down to the basement with a nice cup of coffee and just watch a 50 car consist circumnavigate the layout through a miniature world that was created by you.
    I also collect comic books, mainly from the 50's and 60's, although I've not added any new books to my collection in a while now.
    Thank god my wife is a patient and understanding woman as she allows me to indulge myself in my passions at will, even venturing down into the basement on occasion to see what I've been up to. Since we are now empty nesters, she's converted one of the bedrooms into a sewing room, so I guess our hobbies co-exist quite peacefully. I have my space, and she has hers. The way it should be.

13. IfTheyOnlyKnew

Reputations:
    That's some list ya got there. :D

14. Lemmy

Reputations:
    Blah, blah, blah.......

:c

My GF, an ER nurse, insists that I'm a freak with how quickly I've recovered and gotten back to "normal" (aside from my restrictions). She's baffled and thinks Satan may be involved. :jj:

Mr Fantastic and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  15. IfTheyOnlyKnew

Reputations:
    Anything else? :rolleyes:
    That's awesome, Dexter. I always kind of wished my son had gotten into model trains. He was OBSESSED with Thomas the Tank Engine, and all things train when he was little, but then slowly grew out of it. :(

I love that you and your wife respect each other's areas of interest. Makes for a great relationship, wouldn't you say? :up:

16. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I like painting, playing with kittens and working part time on the radio. No wait, that's Howards hobbies.

17. IfTheyOnlyKnew

Reputations:
    Wait, is she the only one who DOESN'T know about the deal you two made? :surprised:

:giggle:

Shortwave98, Whipping Post and Lemmy like this.
  18. IfTheyOnlyKnew

Reputations:
    Well, then you forgot sucking cock.... :coffee:

Preferably beer can thick, and black.

19. Tickle Shits

Tickle Shits Special Needs Typist. Gold

Reputations:
    I love trains, but it's the one hobby that I'm afraid to get myself into. I know what I would end of spending on it... and I've had some very expensive hobbies.. I have a small set that I tinker with around Christmas and that ends up costing my a few $$$ every time.

20. Lemmy

Reputations:
    My one buddy keeps telling me that god was looking out for me with the surgery/recovery BUT he refuses to acknowledge that it must have been god that struck me down with my issues in the 1st place. :jj:

Jello Biafra and chrisfromvegas like this.