What changed Howard and the show?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Johnny B, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Active Member

Reputations:
    You post here because probably at one point or another you were a huge fan of the show. I think most of us can agree that the show is a former shell of itself. So what changed?

I think most people seem to think that the first two years at Sirius were awesome, in the third year, 2008, what happened? Howard married Beth.

Along with marrying Beth came a tide wave of other things..

Howard was always awkward socially and never went out really. Beth would now drag him to these red carpet events, charity functions and Hamptons parties. Howard would mingle with celebrities and I think either he was embarrassed or both he and Beth were embarrassed at the way people recoiled in horror at the sight of “Howard Sternâ€.

Howard decided he wanted to change to be more accepted; he was tired of being a bad boy outcast who garnered little to no respect from outside of his die-hard fan base.

Howard was always a greedy fucking Jew. He always wanted to squeeze marbles from a stone.. so I don’t really blame that on Beth. But everything else has come from her.

Beth led to fancy events and parties. Beth lead to Howard dresses douchier. Beth led to Howard’s entire private life revolving around animoes and photography. Beth. Beth. Beth. Beth. Beth.

Howard becoming more of a douche and more "evolved" and sophisticated in his private life has a direct correlation to the show suffering.

2. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    No ratings...:coffee:

3. Johnny B

Johnny B Active Member

Reputations:
  4. RockoBalbono

RockoBalbono Member

Reputations:
    Can't be explained any better than that right there. She wanted so bad to be accepted by the "in" crowd. To be one of the Hamptoms elite, the Hollywood social scene. The way Howard used to act towards celebrity types was unacceptable by Beth. He was the voice of those of us who hated the Rosie O donnells, the Ellen degeneres, the Tom Cruise fucks who would get called out on their bullshit. Beth put an end to that because for her to get those silly animoe shows or mom caves bullshit, Howard had to be nicer to them. Just my dumbass opinion but even over the years you can tell the show changed for her. It's not even acceptable to have the Wackpack on anymore.

5. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Chris Rock nailed it with 'you're going back to Shawshank'

Additionally, H got his subscriber and merger bonuses. As PI states, no ratings and no further incentives equals minimum effort.

6. Splash

Splash Huge Member VIP

Reputations:
    ^ this

Plus salary cut equals zero give a fuck factor and 2 week a month,
    2 day work weeks.

7. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    $$$$$ and that vapid trophy wife. Turned him into an elitist douche who morphed into Imus.

To me the transformation was almost complete after July of 2006. He got his huge stock payout, and the show started to go to absolute shit. Less show, less funny, more filler.

8. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard needs insentive to make a radio show.
    The same day Howard got the merger bonus, he stopped making effort.

After that Howard had no more bonuses to go after until the App bonus. Howard harped about how great the App was and when he got that bonus he stopped about the App.

Ratings/money is the only thing that can save the show. The problem is that Howard have cashed out around 1.2 billion from SiriusXM.

9. Howard Stork

Howard Stork "Big Nosed and Jewish"

Reputations:
    Howchie decided to "sell out" and alienate long time fans.

10. goldphoenix

goldphoenix Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    All of the above. If you add all the therapy he has gone through it has taken all of the teeth out of his bite. Now he is nothing more than an old queen trying to cling to his former celebrity while trying to fit in with all the types he trashed for years.

11. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    i disagree with every post so far.
    when the show was great, he was selling out. this is the real guy now. he now has no reason or incentive to be fake

12. Wangold

Wangold Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Him wanting to be accepted by main stream Hollywood.

13. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    disagree. i think its more him not caring anymore if hes accepted by his mainstream fans

14. Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock Member

Reputations:
    That is probably the best explanation I've read. I agree that the first two years at Sirius (despite Artie) were great. I thought it was some disillusionment with Sirius management that changed the energy of the Show - but that made no sense. Why would Howard destroy his own legacy to spite Sirius?

I don't blame it entirely on Beth. As they say, it takes two to tango. Howard probably wanted to fit in all along. Beth was just the additional motivation he needed.

In any case, the Show is unlistenable crap these days. I can't make it through more than 10 minutes without being bored out of my mind.

15. ChocolatyUtters

ChocolatyUtters Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It started with Beth and concluded with the departure of Artie and the "evolution" of the show from funny to boring.

16. potroast

potroast Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In a nut shell.

.:coffee:

17. blottomsup

blottomsup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Beth gave Howard license to be the celebrity approval seeking ass muncher that he always wanted to be. She was at least as much a symptom as a cause of Howard's pseudo personality overhaul.

18. blottomsup

blottomsup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'd argue that the first Sirius contract was a factor. Remember Howard saying after signing that contract that he was finally being paid what he's worth? In his mind, he'd finally arrived. It was time to start behaving like the bona fide mega alpha that the contract proved he was.

19. freder28

freder28 Shit mult Banned User

Reputations:
    You are so correct, it's embarrassing to me to have bought into it for years. I cannot remember what celebrity (Tom Synder?) YEARS AND YEARS ago (sometime in the early to mid 90's) said his whole "act" was just a fraud but none of us believed it...

20. luvsimpsons

luvsimpsons Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is Horseface one word or two? I agree with everyone here, Beth changed Howard into the wig wearing starfucking faggot you see today.