What conspiracy theories do you believe in?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, May 18, 2015.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    everyone knows about conspiracy theories. I'll bet that everyone even believes a couple. Be they the well known ones or ones you've made up in your own mind, what are some that you believe?

smichal and teehee like this.
  2. johnfreeman1

johnfreeman1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    JFK assassination was always odd

3. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    I'm not a big believer in believing what the government says..I have my doubts about lots of things..:secret:

SorryBoff, 00steven, OV and 10 others like this.
  4. hypo666

hypo666 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I always had a soft spot for the idea of a loch ness monster! and no Iam not connected to the scottish tourism industry. But what made me think there was something to it, was the revelation that mrs thatcher when she was Prime Minister actually asked the relevant minister to make sure the loch ness monster had legal protection under the law if it was discovered and some asshole decided to try and hunt it. Papers were released some years ago describing this because it had passed the time of the offical secrets act and could be put in the public domain.

I then started to think,if there was something at one point in loch ness or there still is, perhaps the government, scientists etc etc don't want us to know because of fools who might try to hunt it or it would turn the place into one big circus, can you imagine if someone a government offical, a well respected scientist who wasn't obviously a bit kooky came out and said yes there is a 'monster' in the loch, or an unknown species in there... ? you know what human beings are like . it would cause world wide uproar especially with the global 24/7 media we have now , they would probably have to use the police even the army to stop the mass fuckery that would follow and protect whatever it is that might be in there. So instead they deny it, they may even set up obvious hoaxes so people just think it is a big scam and the realm of fantasists and conspiracy theorists. We all know the governments feed stories to the media all the time.

There is a route from the loch out to sea, perhaps at one point something did get in there ,or maybe at times something is in there but then goes back out to sea, who knows...? But I think life would be so boring if we just relied on science all the time, and didn't use our imaginations . And science has almost replaced religion these days for many people. Who wants to live in a boring world? Iam not a total believer in loch ness or any other conspiracy theory, but I think people who dismiss everything in the name of science are extremely arrogant about the status of the human race on the planet, we might be top of the food chain but we can easily be knocked off it. Nature should never be underestimated.

5. sternadamsapple

sternadamsapple Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  6. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Vietnam kept MIAs after 1975. Long gone, I'm sure, but I hope they didn't hold their breath waiting for ransom.

Wainegro and babybear like this.
  7. yahoo

yahoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The Wig.

8. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    JFK is certainly strange.
    And I don't believe we've been told everything about our distant past.
    I think the govt knows history that we don't.
    Not sure if that's a "conspiracy " so to speak

Mulletude, 00steven and PelicanWig like this.
  9. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Not much only believe that there are Aliens out there but never been to this planet or anywhere close to it.

cetiya and Zyro like this.
  10. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    I believe there is a group of men in the gov., business, media, etc who exert a huge amount of influence around the world. It's like any good old boys network in any small town doing deals. I don't know that it's New World Order or Skull n Bones or some crazy shit. But they keep secrets and I'm sure I don't know 10% of the truth. It is fun to look up conspiracies online.

00steven and austin54 like this.
  11. Hamster

Hamster Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    9/11......

Based on the Presidential Daily Briefing of August 6, 2001 "Bin Laden determined to strike in U.S." which was dismissed by GWB with the "...alright, you covered your ass..." comment.

My belief is that Cheney and others high up actually knew and allowed this to happen as a pretext for war. But I also think they believed they would sniff out the plot in time to make some dramatic arrests or captures...or at worst thought it would be one plane or a small plane and the damage would be minimal but the perceived "what if" fear could be used as a reason for war.

00steven and Limo Wreck like this.
  12. Remley

Remley Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Frank you are correct.

Back in the 1990's I did some reading on this and obtained a copy of the US Senate Armed Services Committee Report investigating left behind POW's in addition to reading several books on the subject.

http://www.amazon.com/Kiss-Boys-Goo...2003080&sr=1-2&keywords=kiss the boys goodbye

It was disgraceful and is depressing, but the truth is that this has happened in every war and we never made an honest and sincere effort to get our men back for a myriad of political reasons. They are left behind.

13. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I believe someone stole Beth143nacho's avatar and left him with a goose egg.

Outoftune and Captain like this.
  14. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    George Orwell — 'He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.'

Dorb, HowiesWhorse, teehee and 2 others like this.
  15. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    Agree. At a minimum, there was more than one shooter.

16. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    I'm not saying Oswald didn't shoot at JFK, he definitely did, and I'm am not saying anyone was on the grassy knoll, but I do not believe Oswald was the only one involved.

I also don't buy into the Global Warming stuff. They did GLOBAL COOLING in the 70's. What happened to that?? The earth has been around forever and temps have gone up and down for millions of years.

Carlin did a funny thing on this...

Last edited: May 18, 2015
    June DeMay, shrinkage, check1 and 4 others like this.
  17. Jayla

Reputations:
    I know a lot of this is BS, but gripping, dramatic movie scenes are enough to convince me!

Margos likes this.
  18. Jayla

Reputations:
    The riflemen in my family agree. :)

Head Censor and LaserT like this.
  19. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    He who controls the spice, controls the universe!
    [​IMG]

20. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Which one is it? Is it just to cause a "scare frenzy" and make money. :bigthink:

[​IMG]