What do you folks do to help motivate yourself to workout.

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Gas Face, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Estocada

Estocada Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I work out so that I feel better. Once you get to a certain age, your health can go downhill very quickly. I cut out almost all alcohol,carbs, grains, and sugars. I'm not trying to impress women, other than my wife. I'm more concerned with being around and providing for my wife and helping my kids get a good start in their working lives-school paid for, a little seed money to get them started.

That's always been my goal; leave things in as good a shape as I can for my loved ones. Good health is an investment towards doing that.

AmishGirl likes this.
  2. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Health = Wealth! :yay:

3. Johnnykstaint

Johnnykstaint A real one way mother f-er 2010 OG Gold

Reputations:
    I just recently started a new exercise ritual which involves me waking up 10 minutes before i have to catch my train (i.e. 45-60 minutes more sleep every morning) and then going to the gym in my building to at least shower and since im there i figure may as well work out. So now I'm going M-F but dont really do shit on weekends which makes mondays suck a little but I will figure something out with that. Right now I am just trying to keep up my M-F every morning routine which seems to already be helping my overall energy.

I am heading out of town for 5 days in a couple weeks though...I will not be working out at all and I will be in bad shape when I come back. :jj:

Estocada likes this.
  4. hsdramaqueen

hsdramaqueen It takes horns to hold up my halo

Reputations:
    :hw: I do take some weekends off just being busy... But if I can I do a 30 min Pilates workout one of those days I do..there are a ton of them on YouTube and it seems like it's not as much as a hassle as a full cardio workout.

I usually do take off the week of vacation and eat badly etc.
    But this year we went on a really long bike ride one day..and again I did some you tube Pilates a few times just to keep up to speed. Will you be hiking or walking around at all? I think you'll be surprised that one week off with some walking will not put too much of a crimp in your endurance.

5. Johnnykstaint

Johnnykstaint A real one way mother f-er 2010 OG Gold

Reputations:
    The last vacation i had a day with 30,000 plus steps...and averaged a little over 20,000 for the 5 days.

Estocada likes this.
  6. Double_edge

Double_edge Member

Reputations:
    Changing for the better is the best motivation. However, its not everything. Finding something that i enjoyed doing, but made me work out was key for me. I hate gyms and would always procrastinate about going. Eventually i just stopped going. Recenlty i decided on taking a class. It keeps me going not just because its fun, but because I have to keep a shedule.

hsdramaqueen likes this.
  7. idiotbox

idiotbox Looking for a dime and found a quarter. VIP

Reputations:
    Become single.

hsdramaqueen likes this.
  8. newcastlefan

newcastlefan Banned VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I walk behind women with nice asses. I lose track of how long i have been walking, and then i wonder how i got to greenwich village.. anything that takes my mind off of the effort works.

hsdramaqueen likes this.