What is Howards "new image" endgame?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Dilkington, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Dilkington

Dilkington Active Member

Reputations:
    As most of us know, Wigward Von Marlbles has tried to reinvent himself in the past couple years (?) from an entertaining risk-taking radio host to a overly-PC elitist interviewer of B-list celebrities (or whatever the fuck he is now).

But my question is - WHY?

He's a 60 year ode ugly-as-fuck past his prime radio guy... he CAN NOT seriously think he's going into TV. No Late Night show would consider him - I know many of you like to teast about that, but there is no fucking way he's getting that shot now.

Is it all part of AGT - did they somehow put pressure on him to become what he has become?... we know he likes his marbles an awful lot... he'd shit on any legacy he might have for a few more of them.

Or was it the Hamptons?

Or the Horse?

2. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
  3. JasperBugg

JasperBugg Member

Reputations:
    It seems like he has just given up, riding out the last years of his contract trying to scrape as many marbles as he can together.

The only future I see him angling towards is possible a Larry King style TV talk show after Sirius is done. His therapeutic interviews and family-friendly lack of edginess seem to be pointing in that direction.

4. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
  5. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Just because you think he's too ugly for TV doesn't mean he thinks he is. He's talked about a Tonight Show type show for decades.

6. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    Howard wants his own TV show on a network, that's why he pushed the name "America's Judge" so much. Howard probably thought America's Judge would be noticed on AGT and move on from there. The problem is in entertainment you have to be easy to look at and likeable. Best case for Howard is after all these years of being PC he'll record a pilot for a show and not get picked up.

7. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    It makes you wonder what with Moose in his life. . . . she appears to be holding on to her Catholicism. She still wears a cross, etc. I don't know whether she goes to mass or whatever, but it appears she is keeping the faith.

Which brings us to Pelican. . . . has Moose's faith, and the Catholic ideas of "good works", spread to Pelican? Is he simply an old man afraid of death and wanting to, through good works, get into heaven?

I don't think it's the money. Yeah, he's a marble hewer but he's grabbed plenty of them already. Even enough for him. Does he want a talk show? Doubtful. The pond is already full and he'd risk looking like Chevy Chase by dipping his beak into the late-night game. Besides, he's not much younger than Letterman and Leno and NBC and CBS are aiming (with Leno they are clearly aiming) for a younger host as in around 40, give or take a few years. I don't think Pelican is aiming for that, either.

I think it's some kind of "good-works" Catholic stuff creeping into Pelican's consciousness.

8. bznick

bznick Hustling, Flowing, and Hating! Gold

Reputations:
    And that's the best is that his whole "America's Judge" has not caught on ANYWHERE! The only one calling him America's Judge is him. It's actually how he keeps trying to get it to catch but no one cares.

9. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    he will shave his adams apple like Bruce Jenner and then the inevitable tucking of the junk and its complete.

10. Pussy Tendon

Pussy Tendon Wet! CUNT!!!!! Gold

Reputations:
    Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me.

11. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    the only problem with that is that although howard can be a good interviewer, he is just too strange and distracting to be on TV. it would almost be like watching bozo the clown or ronald mcdonald fielding questions to a john kerry or hillary clinton.

it isn't going to happen.

12. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    Except doing "good works" is supposed to be done in private instead in front of a camera at a charity event named after yourself.

13. Thelma

Thelma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Exactly - he thought it would stick like "King of All Media."

14. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    Didn't a guest tell Howard how gay the name America's Judge was?

15. JasperBugg

JasperBugg Member

Reputations:
    Although I think you're right about his appearance, as someone else said here, he doesn't see how bad he looks. Plus, TV Execs aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed. If he hoodwinked NBC into 3 years, just think what some unscrupulous struggling cable outfit would be willing to offer him.

It'll be funny to see him keep flailing for that brass ring over the next couple of years.

16. Winst

Winst Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It's Alison.......he's trying to win back Alison.

Not in her heart....but in her mind.
    He is/has been trying to prove some sort of point..overall....to her and also to himself.
    (...and in a smaller way to his daughters..*via their mother*...since she calls the ball(s).)

It was said many many times that he was unable to change.....and now he has "evolved". (...."shifted"?)
    ...at least in his own mind. (..and in his own crazed manners.)

Mostly we are talking about off mike/camera.....in his personal life....dealing with all of his personal "demons" etc.
    Nearly everything on mike/camera is played out "schticklach"....as becomes more and more apparent with each and every passing day/month/year/"show".

Howard Stern is a void.
    The void is Howard Stern.

Listen to the therapy.
    Be the "therapist".

.....................................it is a Jew thing?

[video=youtube;E3LzAL5q9Sw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3LzAL5q9Sw[/video] .... :bigthink

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  17. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    This is the correct answer however many of these "good-works" types make sure they get plenty of publicity for the stuff.

I stand by my statement. I think the guy has a guilty conscience and is trying to atone.

18. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    he wants to be the new host of The View and compete with Oprah for most beloved minority woman in america.

19. bznick

bznick Hustling, Flowing, and Hating! Gold

Reputations:
    Yep, Chelsea Handler.

20. Pussy Tendon

Pussy Tendon Wet! CUNT!!!!! Gold

Reputations:
    My wife's aunt made it a point to brag about donating blood on Facebook. Same type of attention whore, and she's a cunt too. See? Yes. Just give your pint, eat a cookie, and feel good to yourself.