What is Jimmy Kimmel's angle on friending Howard?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by jdharmeyer, Jul 5, 2013.

1. jdharmeyer

jdharmeyer New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Another thread reminded me of when Kimmel got Howard a personalized commissioned painting as a gift and Howard trashed it.

Kimmel seems pretty savvy in other regards. What is his obsession with Howard really about?

2. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    i get the impression that jimmy sucks up to pretty much every celeb. i'm really not sure if howard is treated any differently despite jimmy claiming to make the parties in howard's honor.

i know he use to listen to THSS and had a similar style on the man show when it came to busting balls and goofing on people :dontknow:

3. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I'd say part of it is that Jimmy respects him as a former radio guy, as well. It wasn't that many years ago that he was a shock jock Stern imitator (albeit one of the better ones), so I think there's still a level of respect there.

4. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    I think he and his wife like Howard but not Beth.

5. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Jimmy used to be a fan, and used to kiss Howard's ass.

then he saw the man behind the curtain, realized Howard is useless to him for a million reasons, not the least of which is that Jimmy is a much bigger star, and now he can't get rid of the albatross and his horse.

6. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Howard & Beth need Jimmy now more than Jimmy needs Howard. Since Jimmy has overtaken him in the fame game that is . . . :coffee:

7. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Jimmy's trapped in the occasional Howard vortex. At first he needed the association to THSS. Lately, not so much.

And the parties thrown in Howard's honor are just his weekly parties that HnB happen to be in town for.

Jimmy in on the upswing. Howard is taking credit for pussy photos...

8. InstigatinMofo

InstigatinMofo Active Member

Reputations:
    what do you get from a friendship with howard? what does HE has to offer as a friend? i see nothing there

9. jdharmeyer

jdharmeyer New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Interesting you mention that because I was watching Kimmel and he mentioned some party that he threw at his house and I immediately wondered if it was a party to honor Stern, but it couldn't have been so you are prolly right that he just happens to throw lots of parties at his Hollywood Hills home and whomever attends and wishes it to be in their "honor" I am sure JK is OK with cordially granting.

10. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jimmy did what Howard did to become famous and it worked.

11. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Jimmy worships his childhood heros.....Stern...Letterman.
    I think the Stern thing may be wearing off though.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  12. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard was an idol of Howard's growing up. Sometime when you worship a celebrity too much you don't see through his bullshit. Jimmy may just be starstruck too much to see how Howard uses him to get part of the celebrity crowd and like Stamos, Dee Snyder, etc. before him that, when Howard gets a better celebrity connection, Howard will drop him like a sack of hot potatoes.

Jimmy always says that Howard and Letterman were his idols growing up. He might be one of few zombies left that don't see Howard is fraud.

13. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:

You gotta think that whole Beth wanting to be in the wedding party thing rubbed him and his fiance the wrong way. They seem to be vacation friends, but you gotta think that Molly has a lot of friends that she is far closer to than Beth. And even if she is a close friend, it is totally inappropriate and egomaniacal to state that she thought she was going to be in the wedding party and is devastated that she isn't. Way for the Sterns to make Jimmy and Molly's wedding about Howard and Beth.

14. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When people become famous and meet the people they idolized growing up, they are almost always disappointed.

15. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    The only reason she wants to be in the Wedding Party is because she knows those pics are going to be printed in major relevant magazines and newspapers. And she wants her crooked smile in those pictures for Fame Whoring purposes too . . . :secret:

16. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Shining example: Artie Lange

17. RockoBalbono

RockoBalbono Member

Reputations:
    They're all full of shit man. Listen to how Stern told about the party in his honor. Oh yeah the party was in my honor, Jimmy said so. BULLSHIT. The party wasn't in your honor you dumb asshole. You just happened to be in town and so Jimmy kissed your anal sphincter by telling you that and you believe it. Jimmy knows you have to be on Sterns side or he'll trash you on the air, when he is live. Beth just loves Molly, you should see the way she carries on about this Molly. Molly molly molly. Get the fuck outta here. This Molly don't want dick to do with Beth. They say that shit just so Beth can feel she's part of the crowd cause she's like that leftover shit that always pops up after you flush the first time. Fuckin turd Beth won't stay down. It's all a big fucking lie they tell to each other cause their fucked in the head. Dumbasses.

EDIT: This post 666 is filled with fucking evil and hate, BWAHAHAHAH!:evilgrin2:

18. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Kimmel and wife will soon join Mark Consuelos and Kelly Ripa on the ex friend list. It would be interesting to know what happened with those two.

19. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Yup. That's got to seem pretty insane no matter how much Jimmy looked up to Stern as a kid. Just goes to show...Howard and Beth don't understand how humans work.

20. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lest never forget the pair of blue panties Beth bought for Molly to wear on her Wedding Night. So, in Beth's mind,, Molly is going to put them on the wedding night and she and Jimmy will have a chuckle thinking it is because of Beth that she is wearing the panties. #666 :punk: