what is the point of this article?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ApeFace, May 15, 2015.

1. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    And why the fuck would it be in the NY Daily news? Does anyone have ideas?

Of course there is only the woman's reaction on tape. I also like how the rising college senior states his case, "I'm not harassing no one." Shouldn't that assault on the English language get him expelled? When he is interviewed on tv he looks impeccable in his shirt and tie. I just can't put my finger on why this meaningless story out of Georgia warrants coverage in New York. Odd.

Ga. college adviser accuses waiting student of 'harassment'
    MEG WAGNER NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Today, 7:51 AM ET
    [​IMG]
    KB VIA TWITTER
    Kennesaw State University adviser Abby Dawson claimed a student was 'harassing' her by sitting in her office.
    A Georgia university adviser threatened to call security on one of her students because he “harassed” her — by waiting to ask her questions about his classes.

Kevin Bruce, a rising senior at Kennesaw State University, recorded video when advisor Abby Dawson demanded he leave because “sitting here until someone is available is harassing them.”

The exercise science student told My FOX Atlantathat he stopped by the WellStar College of Health and Human Services advising office to ask his normal adviser some questions about his course load.

That staffer was busy, so the office receptionist asked him to come back in an hour. Bruce didn’t have anything else to do on campus, so he said he’d wait in the office until someone could help him.

The receptionist then checked to see if Dawson, Bruce’s alternative adviser, was available.

Dawson stormed out of her office and into the waiting area, where she accused the soon-to-be senior, who pulled out his cellphone and started recording, of harassment.

KSU advisor's behavior questioned
    03:02

“I’m just waiting to talk to someone. I’m not harassing no one,” Bruce told her, according to the video.

“Sitting here until someone is available is harassing them,” she fired back.

Dawson then said she was going to call campus security, and retreated into her office. Bruce left the office before she made the call, he said.

Bruce said Dawson has been unhelpful in the past. He tried to schedule appointments with her, but she canceled — that’s why he decided to just drop by the office without a set meeting time, he explained onn Twitter.

The student also claimed he went to the head of the department after being booted from the office, but he was told he was "in the wrong" for not scheduling an appointment in advance.

[​IMG]
    MYFOXATLANTA
    Kevin Bruce said Dawson demanded he leave the office and threatened to call campus security.
    [​IMG]
    WIKIMEDIA COMMONS
    Kennesaw State University is about 25 miles northwest of Atlanta.

2. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    c'mon...Black on white, media loves it....people pick sides, racist remarks on both sides flood the net. :salute:

RonHeinzkaboot and ApeFace like this.
  3. Ganggreen87

Ganggreen87 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The real story here is why is this shithole even called a "university"
    What a joke these schools perpetuate to get young kids in overwhelming debt. You think a degree from this place means anything?

ApeFace likes this.
  4. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's the 13th grade. I'm sure they're all mutants but the fact that this nothing story gets picked up by the NYDN is disgraceful. I'm surprised they didn't photoshop a white sheet and hood on the woman.

5. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Exercise student ?
    WellStar College ?
    This lad has a bright future ahead with an education like that.

6. JFK

JFK Ask not what your country can do for you. Gold

Reputations:
    I side with the kid in this one. He's actually trying to do something, the advisors repeatedly canceled so he was waiting patiently to get his shit taken care of. She's probably some kind of cracker ass and sadly his race probably played into it.

7. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    1. Excercise science major

2. "I'm not harrassing no one"

3. They're probably trying to reinforce the narrative that people in the south are raging racists who won't even speak to black people about their courses. Most citizens of Kennesaw today are not even from Georgia originally. The population is 6 times what it was when I took some classes there in the 80's.

4. Kennesaw was famous for passing a law that required every household to have a gun over 30 years ago (not enforced). Coincidentally I'm sure, its crime rate is about 1/6th that of the national average. Despite having a population over 40% minority.

RonHeinzkaboot likes this.
  8. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    "I’m not harassing no one"

This is a college student?

9. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    You know many "cracker asses" that choose to go to New York University? And exactly what part of the south do they have accents like that? It couldn't possibly have been the case that they have a history you don't know about or the guy is trying to bully his way into getting a meeting when he wants it? You wouldn't be a huge bigot yourself, would you? "yeah, uh, from da south, wicked crackah aass"

Ms. Abby Dawson

Director of Advising and Internships

M.A.T., Mercer University, 2010

B.S. Marketing, New York University, 2006

Office: Prillaman Hall 1011 (1st floor)

10. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    Rules and policy are in place for a reason. Everyone seems to have this attitude that it's all bullshit and why should I go "through the motions" of following procedure. People can't get jobs because they can't take any direction or interact with others professionally. College is all about preparing you for your professional life.

What's funny is if this guy was disrespected by someone not keeping a training appointment with him or just showing up to where he worked and expected him to give immediate service, he would be outraged too.
    This week the NY Times did an article on the near slave conditions at nail salons in NYC that Asian FEMALE immigrants have to endure.
    Who is the main customer of Korean or Vietnamese nail salons? I didn't see anybody from the female black community joining in a protest for the rights of those workers or Asian-American women. If prices were raised in those salons to improve their working conditions, I am sure it would be "Oh hell no I ain't paying that for a fill-in"

BethSucks likes this.
  11. MrPACS

MrPACS Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  12. JFK

Reputations:
    Indeed, I do know some cracker asses that live in New York and other parts of the country. I don't think you need to be native south of the mason-dixon to be a cracker. If he tried to bully his way into the office, it will all come out in the wash.

13. JFK

Reputations:
    You're right on with the nail salons.

14. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    AmishGirl is filing her own nails at this moment! [​IMG]

JFK likes this.