What is up with GNC

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by fixer, Aug 30, 2016.

1. fixer

fixer I'm Retarded you Jerk. On the Power.

Jan 16, 2014
    Went to GNC to buy a diet/appetite supplement -Quadra Lean. I heard good things about the product from body builders at the gym. I'm just a normal guy looking to drop 10/15 pounds and they said this was a good supplement.

Went to buy it today, and the clerk at the counter tried to get me to buy another GNC supplement that was supposedly better in her opinion. I politely told her that it was recommended by body builders and that I would buy the Quadra Lean and if it did not work, I would try her suggested GNC product.

My question is, do they work on commission? Why the big push away from one product and towards another?
  2. SkullofTimmy

SkullofTimmy Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    Some stores are company owned and they don't seem to push anything. I think it may be that the franchise stores push the products that have a higher profit margin.

I went to my local franchise store to buy a particular protein powder that is not GNC brand but is available on the GNC website. They did not have it in stock and the guy there had no interest in even ordering it to make a sale.

It's cheaper on Amazon anyway.