What killed Back Office Radio

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by cah155, Dec 26, 2013.

1. cah155

cah155 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  2. sammyr134

sammyr134 Mister Sunshine Banned User

Reputations:
    To make room for abe cannon. He puts on the worst show on that channel on purpose. Think about it.
    People liked it so he took it off.

jackies joke hunt
    abe cannon
    geek show
    riley martin
    fitzsimmons.

you don't think he know they suck? It is a big fuck you to sirius and his listeners.

3. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    It was killed because they were loose cannons who might commit the cardinal sin of reading off script.

4. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    They kept shit a little too real, if you catch my drift.

5. sammyr134

sammyr134 Mister Sunshine Banned User

Reputations:
    He knew people liked it and wants to discourage people from listening to the shows. Both his show and 101. It all has
    to do with the law suit. He doesn't want to attract new listeners while alianiating the old ones. Congragulations. You succeeded.

6. Halloween

Halloween Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think it was a "fuck you" from Howard to management and the listeners he hates so much, because it was a really entertaining show. Will even mentioned early on that it was strange working on a show that had such positive feedback. Usually the projects he worked on got some negative feedback (like "the chatter"). It also caused a lot of disarray in the office so that probably didn't help them much either:

- Lisa G threatened to contact "higher ups" after the first episode because they dared to make fun of her.
    - Brandano for some reason lost his mind thanks to the show.
    - They consistently made Gary look like an even bigger fool than usual, and even let it slip that on occasion they've sat him down and more of less told him how to do his job more effectively. Jason even said he sees Gary more as a colleague than a boss now, especially since he only "works" 3 days a week.
    - They made fun of Howard inadvertently a few times. Will said something to Teddy like "You could not look douchier than wearing that scarf and sunglasses indoors" to which Teddy told him to "be careful." I'm also convinced they weren't allowed to say the word "wig" because Jason told Brandano "...calm down, don't flip your...well whatever it is you would flip."

Howard was probably worried more and more kernels of truth would slip through the cracks on that show.

7. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    holy fuck that is hilarious,im dying laughing here,do you know what ep that was in by any chance? i never caught it

i agree tho, i think they were flying too close to the sun there and made too many enemies too quickly.

i think booey was probably the main hatchet man since he seemed to get more and more annoyed by the show,
    after the brandano incident he had enough evidence to say it was causing too much trouble in the office,etc..

also the guy who nominated howard for douche of the week, i cant imagine that didnt get back to hoohoo

8. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Several things killed the show:

- They were too honest. Howard has built his career on "honesty in radio". Which means he feeds his fans a bunch of bullshit and they eat it up (at least until recently). The crew on BOR mistakenly believed honesty in radio meant tell the audience the truth.
    - All backoffice staff have been pulled from all radio shows because they are "doing special projects for Howard". That killed Jon Hein's TV Show and pulled Hein, Jason, and Steve Brandano from Geektime. It is either that Sirius who now employs all the Stern staff said that that they could not be on the air because they are not employed as on air talent or Howard pulled them to fuck with Sirius. We probably will never know the truth.

9. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    About 34 minutes in:

[video=youtube;5qKunejjrIY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qKunejjrIY[/video]

10. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    The show was too critical of too many untouchables. The untouchables in the Wig universe is a big list nowadays.

You can't talk about Robin's obesity, her reliance on Western medicine to battle cancer, can't talk about her not being in studio, Wig's daughters, 15 foundation, zoo zaa zoo, nsal as a front for gilded parrying, the hilarious calendar, beth hugging on men, wig and beth not sharing a bed.....

It was too real. Not enough bullshit.

11. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I remember in shows after they cleaned up the Howard swipes, a caller called in and said Howard was Douche of the Week for wearing scarves and they hung up on him.

12. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    "Stop it. I'm trying to do a radio show here."

13. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    1:12:34

[video=youtube;5qKunejjrIY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qKunejjrIY[/video]

14. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Howard's not douche of the week. He's douche of the millennium.

15. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This, and the show was simply too good. Howard is on cruise control coasting his way to the end of his career. He doesn't need Jason and Will creating turmoil by producing interesting radio.

16. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    This.

17. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Its crystal clear in Howards contract.
    The staff are Sirius employes. Howard gets a budget from Sirius for the show. It have always been like this on Sirius. (confirmed in the contract + Lisa/Mike/JD have said that they are Sirius employes + have Sirius healthcare coverage.

The on air "talent": Gary/Benjy/Fred and Robin are independent contractors via Buchwald to Sirius.

Howard gets his 80 million licensing fee + 40-70% of the commercial sold to provide content for 2 channels. He also got a free studio + a huge budget for the show (I mean: Its 40 persons working for the show!)

Sirius where smart enough to put in what time the show have to start and minimum 4 hours. They specified minimum number of weeks. (so that Howard could not blow thru his 104 shows in 5 months and take the rest of the year off).

The retarded stuff Sirius forgot: They didn't specify that they have to do the show in studio. Howard/Robin and the rest of the "stars" can work via ISDN.
    They forgot to put in quality clause/ratings clause. Howard also have 100% creative control over 100/101. Nothing stops Howard from playing fart sounds 24/7 (an improvement to todays show).

Howard lied to Sirius/the fans that he would provide 2 channels with great content and 1 premium channel. Howard instead thought about his best and took the money for hire on air talant and instead hired a "tapes team" and a "news team". The Tapes team sole purpose the first 5-6 years where to digitise 25000hours of show. Now they work full time censoring the olds shows. (I posted a list long time ago with the changes in just one episode of Master Tape theatre. Its over 50 edits in a show!). Howard is using Sirius personal to prepare when Howard is fired and needs to go all digital.

(And don't forget that Howard conned Sirius into buying the Tapes from KROC. 4 millions +. The tapes are licensed to Sirius and is reverted to Howard after his contract. )

Howards official explanation of shitty channels is: "the people wants to hear me, no one else".

The billion dollar con...
    Howards first contract:
    50-80 million signing bonus
    90 million+/year licensing fee (Sirius said that Howards licensing fee and the cost if running the show was 100million a year + incentives)
    28 million merger bonus.
    330 million subscriber bonus.
    A cut of the advertising revenue(40-605). Licensing fee from Indemand for HowardTV. Free 24/7 limousine payed by Sirius. Free Firstclass hotel and travel for Howard and Buchwald when "promoting Sirius".

The second contract:
    80millions/year licensing fee. Less shows each year.
    App bonus / internet streaming rights fee ?
    A higher cut in advertising. 40-80%
    Limo service 24/7, Travel/Hotel when "promoting" Sirius

Still 80-90 million/year.

Howard "the hardest working man in show business" "I have 3500 ideas each day".

-How big is you cock. How much money do you make? Have you done hash oil? Anal? Interacial? I have sucked cock. Oh...Is the mike on? You have parent issues? I love gay people, they are gods gift to people. "The greatest interviewer in the business".

18. propagandhi

propagandhi Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It is just very odd to pull a show that the fans clearly liked.

19. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Not sure where this fits into the big scheme of things, but this is according to Bob Levy.

[​IMG]

Oh, left one out: Reverend Bob Levy@TheRevBobLevy 33m @knbk when we did miserable men they said there is no way to tell only by phone call attempts but that counts redials

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  20. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Bob is retarded. Ignore anything he says.