What 'Middle America' really thinks about Howard on AGT...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by AxlCorey, May 25, 2012.

1. AxlCorey

AxlCorey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I visited my parents in the heart of 'Middle America' today. They live in a small town in Michigan, both 60ish, and both fans of previous incarnations of AGT. My Mom knows who Howard Stern is but only from news headlines over the years. My Stepdad occasionally watched the E Show, but that's it.

My question to them was, "what do you think of Howard Stern as a judge on AGT."

The responses were something like this...

Mom:

"I don't like him, but then again I don't like any of the judges. They don't seem to know talent. They keep passing through the worst acts. What was that guy who they kept smashing things on his crotch?! That's not talent. The editing is horrible too; it seems like they show an act real quick then to a commercial...non stop commercials"

Stepdad:

"Did you see where he hugged that little kid? He's made his career on making fun of half-wits and I'm supposed to believe that's sincere? Then they vote him off and then vote through some old white guy who is the worst rapper ever??"

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  2. Coconut Sid

Coconut Sid Member

Reputations:
    They are right. Howard really isn't a good judge. He put through bad acts as a joke even though he used to criticize Howie for doing that. He put though emotional crying people and cute kids just because they were cute.

The worst part is he keeps calling himself America's judge.

3. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    I think most people would just change the channel. The ratings will keep dropping.

4. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    No! Howard says it is b/c DWTS and Idol is on. The ratings will sky rocket after that! Howard said so!

5. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    heheh and when it doesn't happen that way? I wonder what his next excuse will be.

6. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    AGT didn't advertise.

7. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:
    his total viewers are being undercounted...there not picking up the viewers that are glued to TV sets in health clubs, bars/taverns , and IPADS...Shit People just tune into this piece of Shit just to see what Howard will say...

8. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    AGT blows. I won't watch again until the live shows. I expect those to blow as well but there is nothing else on during the summer so might as well give it a chance. I think Howard had better moments as a judge but NBC is trying to show Howard as a sympathetic nice guy. Howard should really be pissed about that.

9. slacker

slacker New Member

Reputations:
    My mom refers to hamptons as "the new gay judge".... And no, she had never once heard of him before agt....

10. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    My mom's has lived in Ohio for the last few years, but she's originally from NY...don't know if that makes her "Middle America" or not. Anyway, she said she watched some of the first two episodes "in between her other shows" and she hated it. She hated that Howard and Nick constantly make it about them. She has no plans to watch any more.

Not that my mom's the barometer of good taste. She watches reruns of The Family Fued and complains that the "colored guy with the big teeth" (Steve Harvey) is often "very rude" to the contestants. She also got upset when USA stopped airing Walker: Texas Ranger reruns.

11. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've only seen the AGT clips that were posted here, but I don't understand how anyone could like that show. It's way too over the top and it seems like they're desperately trying to pretend that something important is happening when clearly it's not.

12. EricThMidgetSux

EricThMidgetSux New Member

Reputations:
    Middle America doesn't like Jew York City types.

The fact Middle America has kept a shit show like that afloat speaks volumes.

13. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I resemble that remark.

14. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:

didn't someone post that in reality its a televised version of a talent show held at Walmart...

15. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    stepdad is a wise man...

16. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    My mom and dad said they never encountered people like this seasons judges because they were all sequestered in ghettos.

17. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Be honest, she didn't use the word "colored"

18. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The problem is Howard is not real. He is admittingly a "shock jock".....This was his next "shocking" move.

19. terrell

terrell New Member

Reputations:

your parents are savvy.

20. urbanshocker

urbanshocker New Member

Reputations:
    He's really gotten himself into a no-win situation: IF the ratings do go up vs. reruns, is that really a win? For $15MM?

Kinda reminds me of when Dan Haggerty had to go against Christy McNichol on Battle of the Network Stars: "If I win, I beat a little girl....if I lose, I lost to a little girl"

I know, too obscure....but I've been waiting to use that analogy for 35 years and now is the time!