Amazon Prime

What Robin's role on the show should have been.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Hateman, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Hateman

Hateman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think Howard made a huge blunder making Robin his "sidekick". She 95% of the time doesn't add humor, talks over Howard during interviews, and barely is fair game when it comes to bashing staff members. He should have just kept her as a news woman at the last hour of the show everyday, while the rest of the show is Robin free. I like Robin's news moment, and brings up fun topics to have her talk about. But the whole 4 hours....:nono:

2. Hateman

Hateman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  3. ClumpyStern

ClumpyStern HSS-clean since Dec 2011 VIP

Reputations:
    The fact that she was always a talentless, humorless, and endlessly self-absorbed bore never mattered back when she was just the "straight man" "newsperson" in a room where nothing was off limits to goofing and nobody was ever allowed to "opt out" of any conversation or refuse to answer a personal question, much less get shielded from subsequent ridicule after making a fucking fool of themselves all by themselves on the air. Back then, she contributed nothing much positively or negatively on a daily basis but anytime she got all cunty and stupid about anything it was radio gold. In the "modern era" of Stern Show suckitude, Robin became insulated from any real ball busting and even from any embarrassment from discussions about her periodic self-inflicted on-air meltdowns about the stupidest shit. Then, Howard encouraged her to "step up" to make up for the loss of people who were actually funny so he wouldn't have to hire any.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  4. Murcielago

Murcielago Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've never heard anyone else kill as many jokes by feeling the need to explain them. I'm talking about years ago, when the show still had humor. It was like she was proud of herself for finally getting something and had to let everyone know about it.

5. quitefrankly

quitefrankly Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    i like nowadays when wiggy reads one of those pre written bits or jokes and robin either fucks up the set up or the punchline hell i think thats funnier than the shit hes readin. you can feel his aggravtion when she does this. funny that the best parts of the show is the shit that aint supposed to be funny.

6. Bye You!

Bye You! Extreme VIP Gold

Reputations:
    That's why it's my new favorite segment. :yay:

Not ONE of the jokes succeeds and I laugh and laugh :rofl:

7. Humongous

Humongous Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    Well said!!

8. TaTa Toothy

TaTa Toothy New Member

Reputations:
    Robin never bothered me much back in the early days. Even her harshest critics must admit she had a great raido voice. Her news segments were always one of the highlights of the show, though never because of her. They were great because Howard would give an interesting slant or opinion on each story or Fred playing the Jackie laugh during a tragic story (very wrong, but always fucking funny). If Gilbert or another comic sat in on the news that was always extra gravy.

She only became REALLY intolerable during the Sirius years. I don't wish harm on anyone, but if it ever is revealed that she is really dying, there will be a little recorded "Jackie laugh" tape playing in my head on an endless loop.

9. KillVampires

KillVampires Active Member

Reputations:
    From 1985 to around 2003, Robin's news was one of the best segments on the show, hands down. When someone like Kinison or Gilbert came in it was radio gold. Fred dropping Jackie's laugh during a horrific story was a Stern Show staple. Most people who complain about how "Robin has no talent" are simply revealing themselves to be fans who weren't around for the glory days of the show. Find yourself some shows during the OJ trial when Robin's news was going and Billy West was in studio.

10. jyanks

jyanks VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

I remember when I first starting listening to Stern in the early 90s, I actually liked Robin. She didn't bother me & she did a good job of playing the "voice of reason" & keeping everyone grounded. I can't pinpoint the exact moment the switch was made....perhaps it was gradual. But I hate her now. Absolutely HATE her.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  11. username

username Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    *hint* She is a negro. In Africa they have an IQ average 60! Robin have 70-80 IQ. Thats why she skipped the IQ test.

12. HorsetoothBeth

HorsetoothBeth Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    "Robin represents the audience. When she's laughing, I know it's a great show." :facepalm:

13. username

username Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    Robin have always been an uncle Tom.
    Howard can do his racist shtik since he have a blaek working for him. Same with nude women. Its ok, since he have a women working with him. That is Robins job. Just be there.

Robin is mentally ill (like Howard). Her vicious attacks on everybody was great back in the day. When Jackie/Fred dared to talk back to Robin. Jackie's epic goofing on Robin. For example reading her book. Classic.

BTW. I wonder who is most evil and sick of Howard and Robin.
    Howard have used his tribe friends and raked in every shekel he have found. On they way he have lied, kept 99% for him self and done some really heinous stuff like wishing Cancer on kids.

Robin on other hand. She lied about being molested by her father. Lie about a dead person who cant defend themselves. Then year in and year out preaching how coffee in the ass is good. How nobody exempt her knows how to eat correct. Karma....

14. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    On Sirius, it seems like her mic level is about twice as loud (shuffle on 101 confirms this). And she has gotten infinitely louder on top of that.

By '07, it was her and Artie basically YELLING in a dual attempt at hijacking the show....in the car, it's easy to keep turning the volume level WAY down on the entire fucking unbearable show...

15. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    Says the dude with perfect grammar.

16. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    i actually like robin. i know she has flaws but i think she has a purpose. she has declined along with HS and the whole show however.

robin has several times (over many years though) made me laugh. i remember it because sometimes she will come up with a really good one on her own. the last time this happened was a long time ago though. they've all gone downhill together.

17. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub Hater VIP

Reputations:
    What Robin's role on the show should have been.

[​IMG]

18. Sickboy

Sickboy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    this