What was the BEST season of THE SOPRANOS? (srs) (staying home sick pole)

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Satori Brah, Dec 19, 2013.

?

:gangtrash:

Poll closed Jan 18, 2014.
  1. season1

33.3%
  2. season 2

8.3%
  3. season 3

41.7%
  4. season 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. season 5

8.3%
  6. season 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. never sawr it

8.3%
  1. Satori Brah

Satori Brah Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Season 1: The series begins with Tony Soprano collapsing after suffering a panic attack. This prompts him to begin therapy with Dr. Jennifer Melfi. After ordering the execution of Brendan Filone and the mock execution of Chris Moltisanti, Tony's uncle Corrado "Junior" Soprano is installed as boss of the family (following the death of previous boss Jackie Aprile, Sr. from cancer), even though Tony actually controls most things from behind the scenes. Furious at Corrado's plan to have him killed, Tony responds to the attempt on his life with a violent reprisal, and confronts his mother for her role in plotting his downfall; she appears to have a psychologically-triggered stroke. "Junior" is arrested by the FBI on non-related charges.

[​IMG]

Season 2: Jackie's brother Richie Aprile is released from prison at the beginning of the second season, and proves to be uncontrollable in the business arena; he also starts a relationship with Tony's sister Janice, who has arrived from Seattle. Tony's friend "Big Pussy" returns to New Jersey after a conspicuous absence. Christopher Moltisanti becomes engaged to his girlfriend Adriana La Cerva. Matthew Bevilaqua and Sean Gismonte, two low-level associates dissatisfied with their perceived lack of success in the Soprano crew, try to make a name for themselves by attempting to kill Christopher. . However, the situation is defused unexpectedly when Janice kills Richie in a violent argument; Tony and his men conceal all evidence of the murder, and Janice returns to Seattle. Tony, realizing Big Pussy is an FBI informant, murders him on board a boat (with assistance from Silvio Dante and Paulie Gualtieri), then wraps his corpse in chains and throws it overboard.

[​IMG]

Season 3: Following the "disappearance" of Aprile Crew capo Richie Aprile, the return of the ambitious Ralph Cifaretto, having spent an extended period of leisure time in Miami, marks the third season. Livia dies of a stroke. Tony decides to give Ralph the decision regarding Jackie Jr.'s punishment. Despite his role as a surrogate father, Ralph decides to have Jackie Jr. killed. Ralph ultimately crosses the line when, in a cocaine-induced rage, he gets into a confrontation with girlfriend, Tracee and beats her to death. She may have been pregnant with his child at the time. Tony begins an affair with Gloria Trillo, who is also a patient of Dr. Melfi. Their relationship is brief and tumultuous. Meanwhile, Dr. Melfi is raped. Junior is diagnosed with stomach cancer; following chemotherapy, it goes into remission.

[​IMG]

Season 4: New York underboss Johnny Sack becomes enraged after learning Ralph Cifaretto made an inappropriate joke about his wife's weight. He seeks permission from boss Carmine Lupertazzi to have Ralph clipped, but is denied. Johnny orders the hit anyway. Tony receives the okay from Carmine to hit Johnny Sack for insubordination. Junior Soprano tips Tony to use an old outfit in Providence for the work. After catching his wife eating sweets secretly, instead of following the diet plan, Johnny Sack gives in, and bloodshed is averted. Tony and Ralph invest in a race horse named Pie-O-My, who wins several races and makes them both a great deal of money. H Tony confronts Ralph the following morning and Ralph denies setting the fire. The two engage in a violent brawl, culminating in Tony strangling Ralph to death. Tony and Christopher dispose of the body; they bury his head and hands at Mikey Palmice's father's farm and throw his body into a quarry.

[​IMG]

Season 5: A string of brand new characters are introduced in the fifth season, including Tony's cousin Tony Blundetto, who along with other mafiosos are released from prison simultaneously. Among the others released are former DiMeo Crime Family capo Michele "Feech" La Manna, Lupertazzi family capo Phil Leotardo, and semi-retired Lupertazzi consigliere Angelo Garepe.
    Tony gets Meadow's boyfriend Finn De Trolio a summer job at a construction site, which is run by Aprile Crew capo Vito Spatafore. Finn comes in early one morning and catches Vito performing fellatio on a security guard. Vito tries to buddy up to Finn so that he does not say anything to anybody else. He even asks Finn to a Yankees game, which Finn does not attend. Finn soon quits the job out of fear. After covering up a murder that occurred at The Crazy Horse, Adriana is arrested and pressured by the F.B.I. to wear a wire to avoid being charged as an accomplice. Tony has Silvio pick up Adriana under the pretense of taking her to see Christopher, but instead drives her out to the woods and executes her. Adriana’s betrayal and subsequent execution is too much for Christopher to handle and he briefly returns to drug abuse to deal with the pain.

[​IMG]

Season 6: Uncle Junior, now senile and confused, shoots Tony at the beginning of the sixth season. Rendered comatose, Tony dreams he is a salesman on a business trip, where he mistakenly exchanges his briefcase and identification with a man named Kevin Finnerty. Tony's recovery from the shooting changes his outlook, and he tries to mend his ways. However, he is faced with more problems in his business life. Vito Spatafore is outed as homosexual after running into a friend at a New York night club. The rumor spreads quickly, and once word gets to Meadow that everyone else knows, she tells Tony and Carmela about the incident between Finn and Vito with the security guard. Finn then has to sit in front of Tony's entire crew and tell them what happened with the guard, solidifying their thoughts on Vito's sexuality. Tony is urged to deal with the problem by Phil Leotardo, now acting boss of New York with Johnny Sack in prison. Tony considers killing several of his associates for relatively minor infractions. Christopher is unable to leave the mob, deflecting his problems by relapsing into drug addiction and kills his friend from Narcotics Anonymous, J. T. Dolan. He is then seriously injured in a car accident while driving under the influence of narcotics. Tony, the sole passenger, is not badly hurt, and suffocates Christopher to death. A.J. is dumped by his fiancée and slips into depression, culminating in a failed suicide attempt in the backyard pool.

[​IMG]

2. Gitfiddle

Gitfiddle Live Deliciously

Reputations:
  3. Swedish John

Swedish John I'm your huckleberry

Reputations:
    Gloria Trillo FTW :dancin:

4. Magnificent Mr. Hole

Magnificent Mr. Hole Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    All are great but I would have to pick one because it is closest to the show's original intent of Tony's greatest nemesis being his Mother, after Nancy Marchand got cancer during the 2nd season they had to refocus.

5. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    I watched the last season of it. it was alright but I never bothered to watch the rest.

violent thugs doing what they do?

i'll pass.

6. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    Fuck I love this show

7. Gomez

Gomez Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    been so long I forgot :dontknow:

8. Satori Brah

Reputations:
    that's why I included summaries and pics :what: why you breakin my balls?

9. Satori Brah

Reputations:
    Anthony Jr has to be the worst character ever

10. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Banned User

Reputations:
    I'm still watching it to this day...I dvr each nightly episode from HBO
    then watch them all on Saturday night with a nice big bowl of pasta

I voted for season 5

11. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Season 1.

Feel better!

12. Satori Brah

Reputations:
    thanks Bye

13. Swedish John

Reputations:
    What Brah you feelin ill?

14. Satori Brah

Reputations:
    yeah I got bronchitis or something

15. Swedish John

Reputations:
    Ah shit Brah. Who ya got in the Fresno St. SC game? :c

16. Tommy

Tommy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    season 3 or 5, I'm not sure....:scratch:

17. Doctor Ivan

Doctor Ivan Active Member

Reputations:
    Season 3 is so great.... Gloria Trillo.... GIMME!
    [​IMG]