What was your favorite Art Bell Coast to Coast moment?

Discussion in 'Other Shows' started by TelegramSam, Aug 4, 2013.

1. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I just thought I'd start this thread since the forum is new and no one else did yet. I need to try and remember all of my favorites, but this one is right up there, and it was even on YouTube: [video=youtube;MkRiUyYVWuI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkRiUyYVWuI[/video]

Alien stuff was always my favorite, and when you got the rare Aliens and the Bible combo, it was really amazing.
    [video=youtube;GIhRYFusXgQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIhRYFusXgQ[/video]

2. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    the time he was making a shout out to any aliens listening, and one showed up to give him an anal probe.

3. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Just hope you never end up alone in a room with Art and an inhaler, buddy. :coffee:

4. Donkeyboy2190

Donkeyboy2190 Never earned a dimes

Reputations:
    Heard this live. Radio Gold!!!

[video=youtube_share;zv8xl2YRodc]http://youtu.be/zv8xl2YRodc[/video]

5. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    he's in Vegas. the two of us could never be in the same room without our allergies making us choke.

6. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You know, come to think of it -that was a fairly primo event.

Still I'd have to cite that period when Art was being accused of having run a San Diego call girl outfit by some hick who hosted a shortwave paranormal & Ultra-Right Wing/Survivalist program that also aired simultaneously over a no-watt radio station in Nashville as my personal favorite Art Bell Show moments.

Now, keep in mind that Art sued the son of a bitch that ran that show as well as the low-heeled bastard who related the San Diego story and presented it as being a true fact incident, claiming to have the police reports to prove it.
    Art won the suit & accepted a nominal fee + a retraction & had the guy run off of radio forever if memory serves.
    I would imagine the low-heeled bastard who represented the San Diego call-girl service as having been run by Art is still on the run in fear for his corporeality.

7. Donkeyboy2190

Reputations:
    1998 was an interesting year for Art. Between the Nashville stuff and his son getting infected, heavy stuff.

The best thing about Art, IMO, is that he could be a guest instead of the host. He's a nutjob.

8. Senator Rick

Reputations:

That's why Art Bell is such a great radio personality - the quirks & the weirdnesses that dog him like body odor dogs High Pitch Erc.

I love ol' Art in a way that I will never love Howard of AGT infamy.

9. playitagainfred

playitagainfred Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    radio talkers come, go and are a dime a dozen, but the past few years have proven there is only one art bell.

10. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    I love the long music bumpers he plays. Usually almost the whole song.

11. Skyway

Skyway New Member VIP

Reputations:
    I never listened to him much; the show was on too late for me. Sometimes I'd have it on at night and would hear bits and pieces as I would wake up then go back to sleep.

One that I remember is Art would have some guy on who recorded peoples' voices and played them backwards to reveal secret meanings of what they were saying. An example of this that I've discovered is if you play the end of Jackie's Joke Hunt backwards at 1.5x speed the part where they say see you next Tuesday sounds like yazoo sirius.

12. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    he did an interview with george carlin that lasted the whole show. they were mutual fans and it is one of the best interviews ive ever heard period. easily carlin's best interview he even does a bit where he goofs on all the crazy live reads art has just finished with. proves art could do real interviews and be just as compelling.

he also did a show on pirate radio that was just fantastic he opened up a bit about his personal life, and how he became involved in the business. its weird my favorite stuff isnt the UFO stuff i think he is real interesting "out of character" undeniably hes one of the best ever. glad hes back

13. BeetTheBoxer

BeetTheBoxer Active Member

Reputations:
    terence mckenna

14. Senator Rick

Reputations:
    isn't he the guy who died of cancer later on ...what was his deal?
    It was real New Agey stuff, right? Psychedelics & what not?

15. Donkeyboy2190

Reputations:
    I think so. IIRC, he called in one night and sounded all fucked up. Art caught on real quick and said they'd reschedule for another night.

16. BeetTheBoxer

BeetTheBoxer Active Member

Reputations:
    yeah into psychedelics. I think he was on more than once but he did have a weird voice

17. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    The First time I ever heard "Ghost to Ghost" ... I still stay up all halloween night even with George Snoory. The Malachi Martin interviews are classic too.