What would you do if your Kid started doing this at Six years old? would you be hip??

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Super Mario, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Super Mario

Super Mario Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Would you encourage it???

[​IMG]

“Mommy, they are just like me.”

My oldest son is six years old and in love for the first time. He is in love with Blaine from Glee.
    For those who don’t know Blaine is a boy…a gay boy, the boyfriend of one of the main characters, Kurt.
    This isn’t a ‘he thinks Blaine is really cool’ kind of love. It is a mooning at a picture of Blaine’s face for a half hour followed by a wistful “He’s so pretty” kind of love.
    He loves the episode where two boys kiss. My son will call people in from other parts of the house to make sure they don’t miss his ‘favorite part.’ He’s been known to rewind it and watch it over again…and force other to, as well, if he doesn’t think people have been paying enough attention.
    This infatuation doesn’t bother me or his father. We live in a very hip-liberal neighborhood, many of our friends are gay, and idea of having a gay son isn’t something that bothers either of us. Our son is going to be who he is, and it is our job to love him. End of story.
    He is also six. Six year olds get obsessed with all kinds of things. This might not mean anything at all. We always joke that he’s either gay, or we have the best blackmail material in the history of mankind when he’s a 16 year old straight boy. (Take that naked bath time pictures!)
    Then the other day we were traveling across the state listening to the Warblers album (of course), and in the middle of Candles, my son pipes up from the back seat.
    “Mommy, Kurt and Blaine are boyfriends.”
    “Yes, they are,” I affirm.
    “They don’t like kissing girls. They just kiss boys.”
    “That’s true.”
    “Mommy, they are just like me.”
    “That’s great, baby. You know I love you no matter what?”
    “I know…” I could hear him rolling his eyes at me.
    When we got home I recapped this conversation to his Dad, and we stood simply looking into each other’s eyes for a moment. Then we smiled.
    “So if at 16 he wants to make a big announcement at the dinner table, we can say ‘You told us when you were six. Pass the carrots’ and he’ll be disappointed we stole his big dramatic moment,” my husband says with a laugh and hugs me.
    Only time will tell if my son is gay, but if he is I am glad he’s mine. I am glad he has been born into our family. A family full of people who will love and accept him. People who will never want him to change. With parents who will look forward to dancing at his wedding.
    And I have to admit, Blaine would be a really cute son-in-law.

I believe in EQUAL rights for all people.

I write for the Huffington Post Gay Voices about raising my kids and our family and friends.

My kids are often better teachers, and I am just trying to be a good student.

-Amelia

2. Napoleon V2

Napoleon V2 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Pre-gay

3. Super Mario

Reputations:
    the mom is a total lib fucking retard btw She was secretly wishing this to happen if you ask me

4. Napoleon V2

Napoleon V2 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I feel bad for the father

5. VeeB

VeeB I have a Full Member VIP

Reputations:
    I wouldn't let my son watch that god awful show.

6. AnimalGod

AnimalGod Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Clear case of mommy and daddy always ignore me but if I act obsessed with this guy they lavish attention on me. The parents are stoked because they are hipsters and feel it makes them cool.

7. zhukov

zhukov Time traveler Gold

Reputations:
    did you know you were gay when you were six?

I remember trying to jerk my meat to women when I was 5

8. wicked smaaaht

wicked smaaaht New Member

Reputations:
    My son wouldn't watch that show. ..ever. ;)

9. Harry Gibbs

Harry Gibbs the boss of all men

Reputations:
    dan was face fucked by a herps positive adult male relative when he was six years old, so as far as this kid goes, i think he's doing ok.

10. Super Mario

Reputations:
    yeah and by seven I knew that it was not something I should be saying aloud to anybody.

11. zhukov

zhukov Time traveler Gold

Reputations:
    I didn't talk about pulling my pud to Sears catalogs either :jj:

12. FtM

FtM Starless & Bible Black Gold

Reputations:
    I wouldn't really encourage any kid gay or straight to be into romance at such a young age. Let that sort of stuff happen for them when they are a bit older. Six year olds should be playing with toys, not crushing on people who star in shitty shows.

I went to elementary school in the same small town I graduated high from. The kids I remember acting either overly butch or effeminate actually ended up being gay as adults. I've always thought that homosexuality was something that is either cultivated by social environments and/or a person is just born to be a homosexual.

13. Daveindiego

Daveindiego Confirmed Internet Legend Gold

Reputations:
    I'd take him down to Tijuana, and ditch him on Avenida de Revolucion.

:c

14. FtM

FtM Starless & Bible Black Gold

Reputations:
    If he was your son, he'd stand a better chance socially being abandoned by Daddyindiego. :c

15. Harry Gibbs

Reputations:
    :lol: awwww shit! pwned! :rofl:

16. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    I knew, but didn't know the word for it. I had one confusing moment in the fourth grade when I was "in love" (heh) with both a boy and a girl but later realized I was just in love with her hair. :jj:

17. Super Mario

Reputations:
    I would not let my six year old watch that show either . I think we can all agree its a shit show. Its a shame too because that sue Sylvester character is great I especially liked when she did the same character in best of show.

18. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    There's one scene on that show (I'll try to find it on youtube) but I still crack up at the way Jane Lynch (Sue Sylvester) just absolutely KILLS a dead-pan joke.

There's a new boy in the school and he's got this wavy, longer, Justin-Bieber-type hair. Well, he's telling a story to the other students and one of the other students interrupts him and Sue Sylvester cuts the interrupter off and says "Sssh. Let her finish." :jj:

19. gilaet

gilaet Xanax Service Dog Staff Member

Reputations:
    Boys will be boys.
    Sometimes.

20. Harry Gibbs

Reputations:
    all six year olds are gay. ever see the shit they watch or how they dress? total queerbaits.