What

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Just Peachy, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Just Peachy

Just Peachy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Now, I don't really believe too much in this, but it sure is fun to look at the Zodiac and see how you compare. What's your sign? Do you believe in astrology? What trait(s) mirror you that you agree with?

Aries

Aries is symbolized by the ram. The ram has come to represent male fertility, aggression, and courage. A ram's horn is part of a cornucopia, the "horn of plenty", symbolizing abundance. In history, rams were often symbols of leadership. Aries natives are said to be leaders and pioneers.
    Rams butt their heads into their enemies; and Aries natives are thought to approach life "head-on".

Taurus

For centuries, the bull has been a symbol of strength, tenacity, virility, and power. Left alone, a bull will happily graze; but if it is bothered, it will charge! Similarly, the Taurus personality is thought to be calm and peaceful, but when their anger is aroused, their temper can be wicked. Taureans are often quite disturbed by sudden changes--they prefer their lives stable and secure.Taureans are thought to be persevering, strong individuals, who can also be quite "bull-headed". They can be dogged and determined when they have a goal in mind. Taureans are also quite sensual and, often, self-indulgent "beasts".

Gemini
    Geminis are said to have a dual nature, as symbolized by twins. This duality also represents exchange and interaction. The sign of Gemini is closely associated with exchange of ideas, communication, and trade.The sign of Gemini is thought to be very adaptable and flexible, sometimes to the point of "being" two different personalities.
    The glyph for Gemini depicts two lines joined together, showing the symbolism of the twins, and the duality of the nature of the sign.

Cancer
    A crab is able to walk or run sideways. Similarly, Cancer natives can sometimes "move about" in life, in a figurative sense, in an indirect manner. The crab's body is covered by a carapace (shell). Cancer natives are self-protective and sensitive, and often retreat into themselves when hurt. Crabs are able to resist changes in the environment, thereby protecting themselves from hostile elements in various habitats. Similarly, Cancer natives are thought to avoid too much change, and to be on the defensive. Crabs have "complex behavior patterns" (1). The inner world of Cancer natives is thought to be rather quirky and complex. Some crabs "conceal themselves by decorating their bodies with plants and animals" (2). Cancer natives tend to try to blend in with their environments, preferring not to make a big splash in life.

Leo
    The majestic lion, the King of the Beasts, is Leo's symbol. Throughout history, the lion has symbolized sovereignty, rulership, and courage. "The lion's size and strength have captured human imagination since ancient times"(1)
    Leos, like lions, are thought to be strong leaders. They generally have a regal quality to them, and possess a noble manner that is hard to miss.

Virgo
    Virgo's symbol is the virgin, and is often considered a shy, "lady in waiting" personality that is a little naive. Though Virgos are seldom celibate, they often keep their personal identity intact throughout their lives. This composure is virginal in nature.
    Virgo's symbol is sometimes shown as a woman carrying a sheaf of wisdom, representing the harvesting of wheat at the time of year of the Virgo (late summer).

Libra
    A balance weighs and measures; and so do Libra natives. Librans seek equality, harmony, and balance. The scales are also a symbol of justice.
    Libra's symbol is the only symbol in the zodiac that is inanimate (it is not represented by an animal or person).
    Where is Libra in your chart? This is the area in life where you strive for balance and equilibrium. If this part of your life seems unbalanced, you seek to change that. It is in this sphere of your life that you strive to be fair and just.

Scorpio
    Scorpions have "two lobster-like claws"(1) and when a scorpion captures its victims with its claws, it "inflicts a disabling sting with its tail"(2) Scorpios are thought to be rather cunning, and sometimes revengeful.
    Dual nature of Scorpio: A second symbol for Scorpio is the Eagle. The Golden Eagle "has been regarded from ancient times as a symbol of courage and power". (3) The eagle represents clear vision, intelligence, and power. It is a majestic bird, and also symbolizes freedom. Scorpios, with their perceptiveness, have the potential to "see" things more clearly than others. How they handle the power of this vision will depend on whether they are at the level of a scorpion or an eagle!

Sagittarius
    Sagittarius is symbolized by the Archer--half-man, half-horse. This symbolizes the Sagittarian's attempt to free itself from man's animal nature. The centaur is thought to symbolize the development of the human soul. It symbolizes the animal natures and desires of man, as well as its spiritual aspirations. In Greek mythology, centaurs were adventurous, brave, and wise; they were also given to brawling and uncivilized behavior.

Capricorn
    Goats are "agile animals" and "surefooted"(1). They are "gregarious, except for old bucks, which tend to live by themselves" (2) . Goats are considered to be rather hardy animals. Capricorn is most often compared to the mountain goat. Capricorns are thought to be loners at heart, with introverted characters. Mountain goats find security in cliffs and heights--the highest places that can be climbed. Slowly but surely, a goat climbs the mountain. And, Capricorns are thought to move through life, achieving success slowly but surely. A large measure of strength of character is also associated with Capricorn.

Aquarius
    The symbol for Aquarius is the Water Bearer, symbolically and eternally giving life and spiritual food to the world. The water from the vessel washes away the past, leaving room for a fresh, new start. The sign of Aquarius is forward-looking and growth-oriented. Concerned with equality and individual freedom, Aquarius seeks to dispense its knowledge, and its vision ofequality and individuality, to all.

Pisces
    Pisces is symbolized by two fish swimming in opposite directions. Pisceans often feel like they are being pulled in different directions, making it difficult to make concrete decisions. The symbol of the fish has been associated with followers of Jesus Christ.
    The glyph for Pisces can be seen as depicting two fish swimming in opposite directions. As well, it shows two crescents of receptivity pointing outwards, held together by the line of matter. The sign of Pisces is considered a receptive sign--one that is impressionable, spiritual, and open-minded.

pheelios likes this.
  2. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Banned User

Reputations:
    water bearer here

3. PLZ callmeTED

PLZ callmeTED National Treasure Gold

Reputations:
    I'm a Leo and I don't see any of that in me.

4. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Banned User

Reputations:
    you conflict poster you

5. Splash

Splash Huge Member VIP

Reputations:
  6. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Hors d'oeuvre Addict VIP

Reputations:
    Don't much follow astrology, but I'm an aries and apparently, we don't follow anything. :derp:

7. Just Peachy

Reputations:
    I'm a Virgo. And I do see the description in me.

[​IMG]

pheelios likes this.
  8. banksy

banksy You wrote "I love you" in lipstick on the mirror VIP

Reputations:
    I'm a white guy

[​IMG]

9. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

Reputations:
    my sis had a book about this.....i'm a pisces-dragon.

10. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

Reputations:
    it's all b.s. anyway.

11. jackie the jerk

jackie the jerk Not Mexican VIP

Reputations:
    Sag

they were also given to brawling and uncivilized behavior.

Ah, no :coffee:

12. gilaet

gilaet Xanax Service Dog Staff Member

Reputations:
    pisces

I think that description is politely saying I'm feeble.

13. Mur

Mur soon VIP

Reputations:
    Libran

14. FtM

FtM Starless & Bible Black Gold

Reputations:
    Leo, but I believe in that stuff as much as I believe that L.Ron Hubbard was a war hero. :coffee:

15. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Creepy-Ass Cracka VIP

Reputations:
    Sag, bearing little resemblance to the stereotype.

Also Dragon in the Chinee astrology...some resemblance

I got my "star chart" done by this hippy chick I knew, and it was very impressive and chock full of details. And full of shit.

16. Just Peachy

Reputations:

[​IMG]

pheelios likes this.
  17. Just Peachy

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Too bad. ;)

pheelios likes this.
  18. Just Peachy