What's the real reason for the recent H101 changes?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chuk, Jun 28, 2013.

1. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Since we all know Wigward is a liar and a schemer, there has to be a reason for this years H101 goings-on. First, he has a big push with stupid Muldred meetings, rents out a conference room. A bunch of new H101 shows crop up or get talked about. Back-office radio, etc. Jon Hein is on 24/7. Next thing you know there is an abrupt halt. All shows off the air. H101 now a wasteland. Jon Hein nowhere to be found. Even his boyfriends Geek Time is a victim. So, what is Wigward's MO? Is this just an FU to Sirius? Is this a way of protecting his "own shows", so he can take them to a podcost if/when he gets fired? Did Malone drop the hammer? Did The Turk drop the hammer? Was this because he had to pain the green room?

In the words of Robin: "What if F is going on around here!?!?!"

2. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I'd like to think it was the gorgeous and talented Marcie Turk.

3. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    Answer: no where on the douche bags contract does it say he has to provide original content for h101. When the fucking pelican lost the trial about his bonus marbles he decided to follow his stupid contract to a tee. Therefore no more above and beyond content for h101. that's the truth any other explanation is bull shit.

4. Big Lar

Big Lar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This

5. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
  6. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Was that the timing of it? Were the Muldred meetings BEFORE he lost the appeal, and then did he pull all of the shows AFTER he lost? I know why he doesn't have any shows on H101. He's too cheap. My bigger confusion is why was there that 1-2 month push to create content, only to pull it without warning.

7. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    would be nice to tell the audience what is going on like he did in the old days...

8. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    hahaha! you funny

9. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    At some point in the court proceedings, someone probably mentioned that he's had over 5 years and he still hasn't filled 101 with content, and never even tried to do anything with 102 like he promised. So Howard decides to promote shows to give the impression that he was aggressively bringing in content, furthering is "partner" argument...perhaps even an outside party would think Howard is a good investment. Everyone saw through the charade and he gave up.

10. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It definitely is very confusing. There was supposedly all this extra work going on to create new stuff and then it all stopped abruptly. I remember the change came in early April because I wondered at the time if all the extra activity was a smokescreen for the AGT101 April Fool's Day prank that failed miserably.

I wonder if Malone implemented some sort of new accounting procedures that disrupted Howard's way of doing business. I once worked at a small company where everyone pitched in an helped out in other departments besides their own. I was in IT but if the mailroom needed help and I wasn't busy I'd go out there and help ship packages. A new owner came in and started a charge-back system where we had to keep track of exactly how we spent our time. If we performed work for other departments our salaries came out of their budgets, not ours. Something like that could possibly explain why people aren't appearing on multiple shows any more. It wouldn't be surprising if Howard had some kind of scheme going that grabbed for more money for himself than he was actually entitled to and now he can't get away with it any more.

11. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard had a high level meeting with SiriusXM last week. I wonder what that was about.
    Something about how they/if they are going forward with Howard/SiriusXM.

Best case scenario: SiriusXM have licensed Howard for 3 years with 2 optional and they are not opting for the 2 extra years. That would explain Jason's talk about "podcasts".

Howard also on terrestrial radio used to sign 3 years deal with 2 optional (the last 2 with huge pay raises).

12. Bethstampon

Bethstampon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Follow the Marbles!

[​IMG]

13. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Do you think Sirius Put the Turk in there and not Howard ?

14. EddyG

EddyG MORON Banned User

Reputations:
    If he pulled those shit shows, what is on 101? His show on a loop?

15. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    Whatever is going on, the root cause is most likely that Howard doesn't want to invest in quality programming. Professional programs cost money--for production, talent, etc. Howard's entire history on Sirius shows that he will not invest money into any other shows. That's why we get broadcasting superstars like Jason Kaplan, Ralph, and Shuli, Riley Martin, and Mutt. These guys are already on the payroll or they work for free/peanuts. The only two shows that have aired on H101 that were professional quality was Bubba and Ferrell. And both of those are long gone.

If Howard wanted quality programming, he'd make it happen. It's as simple as that. He's not stupid--he's just greedy and doesn't see how developing H101 will financially benefit HIM.

I believe this is a serious miscalculation on his part. First off--he promised (and went on and on about) all the professional, exciting programming he'd bring to H101 & H102 before moving to Sirius. Not following through has hurt his credibility with his audience. And the programming that he has aired is of such poor quality that most of his "fans" find it insulting, which also breeds ill-will. Back in 2005 Howard rightly fancied himself as having such a loyal fan base that he could bring them over to a new medium. Back then he was correct...he was about to bring about 4-5 million of his listeners over to Sirius. He probably still thinks that he has that type of loyalty with his audience, however he does not. He has immeasurably tarnished his "brand" by putting on a poor, abbreviated show that is broadcast sporadically. H101's miserable content further diminishes his brand because people associate it with unprofessional, unlistenable content. Stern may very well be planning on leaving SiriusXM, but there is no way that anyone will "follow" him to a new medium. His name is now synonymous with poor content and sketchy production values.

16. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I understand that part. But why then was there a 1-2 month push with rented conference rooms, and lots of plans for shows. Was it just posturing for the lawsuit?

17. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yep.

18. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    Who knows. Everything we know about the situation is coming from Howard's camp...and we know how he spins everything in his favor. There's no telling what the "truth" really is. The only thing you can be certain of is that whatever Howard is doing is occurring solely because it will be in his financial interest. It is patently clear that he has absolutely zero integrity as it pertains to producing quality shows (either his own, or for H101). So whatever is occurring behind the scenes has nothing to do with improving the quality...it has to do with either putting more money in his pockets or protecting him from a potential lawsuit by SiriusXM.

19. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:

And He's Not Funny ! :derp:

20. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Howard invests less Marbles than your monthly grocery bill on H101 . . . :secret: