What's the story with the Sterns and the Kimmels?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by someonelikeyou, Mar 18, 2014.

1. someonelikeyou

someonelikeyou Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In discussions on air recently about the Kimmel pregnancy, Howard again brought up how Beth was "certain" she was going to be in Jimmy and Molly's wedding party. I think it was in response to someone asking if Howard would be the new baby's godfather. Then Howard once again whined about Jimmy and Oprah now being close, and how Oprah would "out do" Howard on the baby gift front.

I am really confused by this relationship. Molly seems very bright, verbal and quick. I honestly can't see her tolerating Beth for long (and certainly not putting her in her wedding). Howard, of course, is desperate to be part of Jimmy's "cool crowd of kids." So, I see the Kimmel's just being polite to the Sterns, but then they invite them on vacation, etc. I really don't get it.

As an aside, I think Howard would totally rethink his "no baby" stance, if he could knock Beth up in time so that Baby Kimmel and Baby Stern could keep Howard relevant and accepted.

So what's the real deal here?

2. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jimmy is a star fucker. Even fading stars.

3. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...howard is jewish so hes not going to be any baby's godfather. howard makes himself and beth available to go on these cheezy cabo vacations while oprahs got better things to do than go to cabo with jimmy and his friends. and howard isnt going to rethink knocking beth up. hes old and exhausted, id feel sorry for any "lets have a baby" to save their marriage because the kid would be handed off to consuela whos busy cleaning litter boxes.

4. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's assuming Beth would let Howard have sex with her, that he's interested in having sex with a woman, and he can still get it up. None of those are likely.

5. MorningSong13

MorningSong13 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Jimmy is in love with Howard Stern, David Letterman and Huey Lewis. He took all his heroes from the 80s/90s and now being famous himself, gets to live his childhood dreams and be friends with them (except Letterman, who is friends with no one).

Howard didn't pay him any mind, like Dave, until Jimmy started becoming more famous.

Now that he's famous, Howard wants a relationship with him. Howard is delusional thinking he's close enough friends with him that he would be a god father or in the wedding party.

Beth has no relationship and gets to meet/hang out with these people because of her husband. They wouldn't not know or care about her otherwise.

We all have friends who's wives or girlfriends we wouldn't care to be around, if it wasn't for you being friends with the significant other. Molly is just polite. So is Jennifer Aniston.

6. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    This. The only thing I would add to this is that I think Jimmy is realizing that Stern is no fun to be around.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  7. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...beth just loves that molly.

[​IMG]

8. David999

David999 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jimmy expecting a child with his new wife is basically the end of any further "vacations" together with the Sterns. As Stern gets older, he will be less and less viewed as someone to "hang" with because he really doesn't have any juice, let alone someone that you want around with the kids on vacation. The former Mrs. Joel is who Beth is looking to emulate, rich, a Hampton's socialite, endless charity parties to attend, etc., etc., etc.:coffee:

9. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    What bride in their right mind would want this attention whore as a bridesmaid?

NO ONE, that's who.

Now I understand why she pushed Howard to interrupt their first dance. She was mad mad.

10. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...i think you nailed it. i bet it was a wicked slap in the face for beth. "mrs howard stern you say"?...."yes youre at table 3 your place settings have your name there".

11. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I recall the last vacation trip being one where Jimmy said he invited Howard, not really expecting him to accept. Zero chance Molly does anything but tolerate Beth.

12. SlinkyNeckStern

SlinkyNeckStern High Pitch Mike Lookalike

Reputations:
    Howard would love to be the Godfather to Jimmy's son. There's really nothing involved. It's just ceremonial which is what Howard craves.

I'll be holding the child when he is circumcised, Robin. Jimmy trusts me with his baby's cock.

13. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  14. sfgirl

sfgirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah. I think so too. Major ass kissing.

15. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't know what is more arrogant. Beth expecting to be in the wedding party of a women she has only known for maybe 3-5 years and primarily have a e-mail. phone, and text relationship or Howard saying on the air that he is depressed that they weren't in the wedding party.

Because Jimmy is a superfan and a sycophant when they are together, Howard just assumes they are better friends than they actually are. But this is the relationship that he craves. Instead of being equal level on the friendship, Jimmy puts Howard on a pedestal and kisses his ass and goes overboard to get him in the cool kid club of his celebrity friends.

16. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jimmy's relationship with Howard is a three. Howard's relationship with Jimmy is a noine.

17. SlinkyNeckStern

Reputations:
  18. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    Beff has rapidly deteriorating eggs in her and is a non Jew. Howard will never plant a seed in her. No way he wants O&A staying on the air another 18 yrs so they can have Corky Stern in for a spelling bee with other tards.

19. BarberFloyd

BarberFloyd God Bless DuPont Chemicals Banned User

Reputations:
    I notice in life a lot of relationships you end in the moment you can turn around and regret it later.
    My money would be on Jimmy betting Howard can still pull off a come back. Stranger things have happened in the celebrity world.

20. SlinkyNeckStern

Reputations:
    Could it be that this is an ego move by Jimmy? Maybe he wants to see if he can make Howard a player again. Kind of like Tarrantino does with washed up actors such as Travolta in Pulp Fiction. It's a move that says "I'm so fucking great that I can even make punchlines credible again." Maybe that's Jimmy with Howard.