When did Sal have a major "blow up" about Nick Dipaolo?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MatthewRosa, Sep 26, 2013.

1. MatthewRosa

MatthewRosa New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I am listening to the Sal/Richard vs Artie Saga and Artie mentioned that Sal had a "blow up" like that about Nick and I don't remember that. I know it had to happen before Oct 30th 2007 yet I cant seem to find the date it happened on MarksFriggin. If anyone knows when this was mentioned or the date it happened I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    You raise a valid point and I appreciate you pointing out my failings as a parent. Practicing a system of ethics based on the promise of a reward, in your case an afterlife, is certainly preferable to practicing a system of ethics based on it simply being the right thing to do.

Many years ago, I lived next door to a Christian named Mr Stevens. You could tell he was a Christian because he had a fish sticker on his Datsun. He used to wave at us kids from his bathroom window on hot summer days as we played in the sprinkler. I learnt a lot from Mr Stevens. Mainly about wrestling holds. The trick is to oil up really well making it hard for the other person to hold you down. I would often lie on his living room rug looking up at the pictures of sunsets behind quotes from Psalms while waiting for him to unwrap his legs from around my torso.

Your job would be made much easier if, after making the school children sit through an hour of church youth group teens dancing, singing and re-enacting Jewish magic tricks, you simply told them that it was just a small taste of what hell is like and if they didn't believe in Jesus they would have to sit through it again.

When I was at school, we were forced to attend a similar presentation. Herded into the gym under the pretense of free chips, we were assaulted with an hour of hippies playing guitars and a dance routine featuring some kind of colorful coat and a lot of looking upwards. Due to the air-conditioning in the packed gym not working and it being a hot day, the hippie wearing the colorful coat blacked out mid performance and struck his head against the front edge of the stage spraying the first row of cross-legged children with blood. Unconscious, he also urinated. There was a bit of screaming and an ambulance involved and everyone agreed it was the best play they had ever seen.

3. Eddie Blake

Eddie Blake I love guns and cum Banned User

Reputations:
    This isn't one of those fluffy, shallow posts about why we love chocolate you'll find strewn across the internet that are aimed at the kind of people which go weak at the knees for a Dairy Milk, a Galaxy, or dare I say it, a Reece's cup. To me to me the emotional desire for that kind of "chocolate" is more about the big businesses knowing how to get us addicted to sugar, fat and salt. What I'm actually talking about here is why we appreciate artisan chocolate, craft chocolate, bean to bar chocolate, or what I call "real chocolate". We could go down the scientific route here and talk about the that chocolate lovers apparently have different bacteria in their gut (nice!); how there are mood-altering compounds that affect your serotonin levels and the creation of dopamine, which means that even thinking about eating chocolate can produce a mild-euphoric state or how phenylalanine is a mild anti-depressant. The truth is that every week there will be another scientific study that says "chocolate is healthier than fruit" or it may "protect the brain from strokes." You'll even get the NHS discussing claims and counter-claims as what effect chocolate has depression. The truth is that there are just so many different reasons why people love chocolate, not all scientific. My reasons will be different than the people whom are just addicted to fat and sugar. You see that’s what most easily available confectionary is. Take the Cadbury's 'Marvellous Creations" Cookie Nut Crunch. It has 1050 kcal in each bar, along with 107g of sugar and 34g of saturated fat. Despite Cadbury using what I would call low flavour cacao (compared to the rest of the cacao gene pool), I doubt you could taste cocoa flavour cacao in all that. Some people love it, but I don’t. Virtually every study I can recall about our love affair with chocolate focuses on the chemical aspects of the cocoa bean but forget that it’s all so often a fraction of the actual chocolate bar. Most people love chocolate, not because of the greatness of the bean but the predisposition to love fat and sugar. It’s about time that journalists stop being duplicitous. You can’t say that fatty foods are bad for you and then say that chocolate is good for you if you don’t recognise the fact that far too many people consume relatively low quality chocolate. Whenever the positive emotional or longer-term health effects of dark chocolate are mentioned you'll never see the authors talking about the importance of the quality of the bean or the skill of the maker employs to tease out interesting flavours. Flavour seems to be a side show. And this is the first reason as to why I love chocolate. It's the damn flavour! Can we start writing about flavour? Flavour Chocolate from large companies is often dull, lank and flavourless. It bears no resemblance, in my mind at least, to the cocoa bean. I could point to the interesting flavours of each and every chocolate that we offer here, and even the much larger selection we don’t yet offer. It would take me an age to compare and detail chocolate which offers red fruit notes, those with tobacco, caramel or figs. I’ve simplified the flavour profiles commonly delivered in our quick guide to single origin chocolate, but it’s the never knowing what you’ll find and the sense of anticipation and exploration, which only builds upon the flavour that you actually witness which is why I love chocolate. Without flavour, chocolate would be nothing to artisan chocolate lovers. Change I love seeing how chocolate changes over time. The Pralus Chuao 75% is a radically different chocolate than it was when I first tried it a few years ago. It may still have a heavy roast but it has transformed into a milder, jammier affair. Returning to a chocolate after a few years is just the same as returning to your favourite holiday destination and seeing how it has changed over time. Are the same scenes present? Does it give you the same emotion? Is it as wonderful as you remember it? The People So, I live and breathe chocolate. Before I ran this chocolate shop I reviewed chocolate, went to events and even judged chocolate awards (I still do). Doing that you meet a good number of chocolate makers. You find out what makes them tick and learn about what their passions and principles are. And I get that from so many of the customers I engage with. Your level of knowledge and passion invigorates us and what we do. Our desire to keep pleasing you by finding new and interesting chocolate is what drives us on. Your pursuit of excellence and intrigue is fantastic - that sort of educated desire isn't present in confectionery-addicts. That sets you apart and makes our love for chocolate stronger. Finding Something New Most confectionery manufacturers have a standard base formula that won't change over a decade or two. They might dial down the level of cocoa solids, increase the sugar levels and make the bar size smaller to enhance the “bottom lineâ€. But over a few years you'll hardly notice the difference. The marketing departments may produce spreadsheets highlighting sales falls and exclaim the need for something 'new'. Their answer to everything seems to be 'product proliferation'. Each iteration of a core product has to be available to their eager customers. Dairy Milk with XYZ ingredient, in a grab bag, in a gift tin ... It's all essentially the same. It doesn't excite, for others they'll go crazy. That’s the difference between the love of chocolate and the need for confectionary. Bean to Bar chocolate makers take the more interesting, and definitely less profitable route. They'll seek out new and unusual cacao growers. They'll pay over the odds for the beans and tens, if not hundreds of hours, experimenting with roast times, conche times, and levels of cocoa versus sugar. They'll hone the relatively limited supply of beans to bring the best out of them. Big companies would hate to do this, even though they have well-funded laboratories. They want to produce standardised products made with homogenous ingredient. Craft chocolate makers embrace and celebrate variety. They understand that every harvest or estate, even from the same region, will produce something different and they have to alter their processes accordingly. It's this opportunity that artisan chocolate makers give us to explore an unprecedented variety of chocolate I adore. Real chocolate makers take risks, big chocolate makers produce chocolate designed by committee for people that want exactly the same buzz each time. Seeing Companies Grow For many this won't be a valid reason. But for me I love seeing how chocolate companies grow and become bigger and better. I have my ears close to the ground with chocolate companies and I try and catch them early on. I remember doing the first review of Zotter in the UK, bringing Wilkies to the country, trying Marou early on, spending my own money importing chocolate from Hawai'I just to see how it tasted. All of these companies change and expand over time. It's nothing to do with the chocolate, but the people. Knowing how dependent people in distant countries are on our chocolate purchases are and promoting them to a wider audience gives me so much pleasure. If only love for people rather than market share was a focus of these big companies. There are just so many reasons to love chocolate. Of course on a chemical level we have the three ‘evils’ of fat, sugar and salt. We also have some great components of the cocoa bean that are two often lost in mass-produced confectionary which are bought to the fore by artisans, but it’s also the people right from the growers to the makers which chocolate the most loved food stuff in the world. Whether you like a Dairy Milk or a Pacari, you have your own reasons for loving chocolate, you can never be wrong. But when you next get a wave of satisfaction when you take your first bite of chocolate for the day, have a think why.

4. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
  5. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    True story.

Who's the pitchers in this game?

6. Bethstampon

Bethstampon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, an what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth. In the first place, that stuff bores me, and in the second place, my parents would have about two hemorrhages apiece if I told anything pretty personal about them. They're quite touchy about anything like that, especially my father. They're nice and all--I'm not saying that--but they're also touchy as hell. Besides, I'm not going to tell you my whole goddam autobiography or anything. I'll just tell you about this madman stuff that happened to me around last Christmas just before I got pretty run-down and had to come out here and take it easy. I mean that's all I told D.B. about, and he's my brother and all. He's in Hollywood. That isn't too far from this crumby place, and he comes over and visits me practically every week end. He's going to drive me home when I go home next month maybe. He just got a Jaguar. One of those little English jobs that can do around two hundred miles an hour. It cost him damn near four thousand bucks. He's got a lot of dough, now. He didn't use to. He used to be just a regular writer, when he was home. He wrote this terrific book of short stories, The Secret Goldfish, in case you never heard of him. The best one in it was "The Secret Goldfish." It was about this little kid that wouldn't let anybody look at his goldfish because he'd bought it with his own money. It killed me. Now he's out in Hollywood, D.B., being a prostitute. If there's one thing I hate, it's the movies. Don't even mention them to me.
    Where I want to start telling is the day I left Pencey Prep. Pencey Prep is this school that's in Agerstown, Pennsylvania. You probably heard of it. You've probably seen the ads, anyway. They advertise in about a thousand magazines, always showing some hotshot guy on a horse jumping over a fence. Like as if all you ever did at Pencey was play polo all the time. I never even once saw a horse anywhere near the place. And underneath the guy on the horse's picture, it always says: "Since 1888 we have been molding boys into splendid, clear-thinking young men." Strictly for the birds. They don't do any damn more molding at Pencey than they do at any other school. And I didn't know anybody there that was splendid and clear-thinking and all. Maybe two guys. If that many. And they probably came to Pencey that way.
    Anyway, it was the Saturday of the football game with Saxon Hall. The game with Saxon Hall was supposed to be a very big deal around Pencey. It was the last game
    of the year, and you were supposed to commit suicide or something if old Pencey didn't win. I remember around three o'clock that afternoon I was standing way the hell up on top of Thomsen Hill, right next to this crazy cannon that was in the Revolutionary War and all. You could see the whole field from there, and you could see the two teams bashing each other all over the place. You couldn't see the grandstand too hot, but you could hear them all yelling, deep and terrific on the Pencey side, because practically the whole school except me was there, and scrawny and faggy on the Saxon Hall side, because the visiting team hardly ever brought many people with them.
    There were never many girls at all at the football games. Only seniors were allowed to bring girls with them. It was a terrible school, no matter how you looked at it. I like to be somewhere at least where you can see a few girls around once in a while, even if they're only scratching their arms or blowing their noses or even just giggling or something. Old Selma Thurmer--she was the headmaster's daughter--showed up at the games quite often, but she wasn't exactly the type that drove you mad with desire. She was a pretty nice girl, though. I sat next to her once in the bus from Agerstown and we sort of struck up a conversation. I liked her. She had a big nose and her nails were all bitten down and bleedy-looking and she had on those damn falsies that point all over the place, but you felt sort of sorry for her. What I liked about her, she didn't give you a lot of horse manure about what a great guy her father was.

7. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    Makes me laugh every fucking time.

8. Eddie Blake

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Of the 20 varieties of armadillo, all but one live in Latin America. The familiar nine-banded armadillo is the only species that includes the United States in its range.

Armadillo is a Spanish word meaning “little armored one” and refers to the bony plates that cover the back, head, legs, and tail of most of these odd looking creatures. Armadillos are the only living mammals that wear such shells.
    Closely related to anteaters and sloths, armadillos generally have a pointy or shovel-shaped snout and small eyes. They vary widely in size and color, from the 6-inch-long (15-centimeter-long), salmon-colored pink fairy armadillo to the 5-foot-long (1.5-meter-long), dark-brown giant armadillos. Others have black, red, gray, or yellowish coloring.
    Contrary to popular belief, not all armadillos are able to encase themselves in their shells. In fact, only the three-banded armadillo can, curling its head and back feet and contorting its shell into a hard ball that confounds would-be predators.
    Armadillos live in temperate and warm habitats, including rain forests, grasslands, and semi-deserts. Because of their low metabolic rate and lack of fat stores, cold is their enemy, and spates of intemperate weather can wipe out whole populations.
    Most species dig burrows and sleep prolifically, up to 16 hours per day, foraging in the early morning and evening for beetles, ants, termites, and other insects. They have very poor eyesight, and utilize their keen sense of smell to hunt. Strong legs and huge front claws are used for digging, and long, sticky tongues for extracting ants and termites from their tunnels. In addition to bugs, armadillos eat small vertebrates, plants, and some fruit, as well as the occasional carrion meal.
    Population numbers of nearly all species are threatened by habitat loss and over-hunting. Many cultures in the Americas consume armadillo flesh, which is said to resemble pork in its flavor and texture. Currently, only the nine-band population is expanding, and some species, including the pink fairy, are threatened.

9. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
  10. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

11. Eddie Blake

Reputations:
    To most folks, an armadillo is a small dead animal lying adjacent to or in the middle of nearly every road in the state of Florida. Of all the 20 species of armadillos only one makes the U.S. its home: The nine–banded armadillo has a range from South Carolina to Florida in the east and to the north commonly to Nebraska.

Due to the lack of common predators, there have been scattered reports of armadillos as far north as Indiana and Illinois. Armadillo is Spanish, which means “little armored one”, referring to its bony, leather-like plates that cover its head, back, legs, and tail. Armadillos are the only living mammals wearing such shells.

Armadillos are related to the sloth and anteaters having a pointed snout and small eyes. Contrary to popular belief, not all armadillos can encase themselves in their shells. In reality, only the three-banded armadillo in South America can do such by curling its head and back feet and contouring its shell into a hard ball that confuses potential predators. They live in temperate and tropical habitats including rain forests, semi-deserts, and grasslands. Because of their low metabolic rate and their inability to store fat they tolerate cold temperatures poorly. Significant cold can wipe out entire colonies of these animals.
    Armadillos dig burrows and sleep up to 16 hours a day. They forage early in the morning and evening on beetles, termite, ants and other insects. Their eyesight is poor but they have a strong sense of smell, which they use to hunt. They have strong legs and large front claws that they use for digging and long sticky tongues for extracting ants and termites from their tunnels. In addition to bugs and insects, armadillos feed upon small vertebrates, plants, some fruits and, on occasion, carrion.
    Armadillos are quite fast moving and are difficult to catch. While population numbers of nearly all species of armadillos are threatened by habitat loss and over-hunting, Many cultures consume armadillo flesh, which is described as being similar to pork in flavor and texture. Currently only the nine-banded armadillo population is expanding while some species, including the pink fairy armadillo, are endangered.

12. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
  13. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
  14. Eddie Blake

Reputations:
    [h=2]Steps[/h]
      Use natural armadillo control methods.

[​IMG]

• Put cayenne pepper around your home, farm or garden. Sprinkle it on the ground, and wait to see if sniffing the pepper up its nose deters the armadillo.
      • Purchase a container of predator urine. You can find these at area hunting stores, and one popular product is called Shake-Away.
      • Keep outdoor dogs, particularly at night. Both the smell of the dog and the noise that he makes will help deter the offending pests. Outdoor dogs might also chase after the armadillo and prevent it from returning.
      Set live traps to catch armadillos.

[​IMG]

• Use large cages and set multiple ones. Set them by burrow openings, and consider putting boards in a "V" shape extending out from them to lure the animal in.
      • Bait the traps with nylon stockings full of earthworms.
      Relocate the armadillo by dropping it off as far as possible from your home or property. An ideal location would be near a water source and in a spot that the animal will not bother other families or people.

[​IMG]

Chase after and catch armadillos only if you are wearing proper gloves. This is not an advisable method, but it is an option. Armadillos will bite and scratch (they have long nails) so it is advised to pick them up from the tail end as you attempt to grab hold of them. Once you have caught the animal, place it in a cage and remove by dropping it off far away from your property.

[​IMG]

Hire a professional if the cost of his service falls in line with your home or business budget.

[​IMG]

• Check out the list by state of nationwide trapping professionals.
      Use block-out methods such as barricading under your home or other structure after you've rid the armadillos from the area. Or, install fencing that not only extends vertically from the ground up but also fencing that provides a barrier under the ground as well.

[​IMG]

15. Eddie Blake

Reputations:
  16. Eddie Blake

Reputations:
  17. Eddie Blake

Reputations:
  18. Bethstampon

Bethstampon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
  19. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    [h=1]Armadillo[/h]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For other uses, see Armadillo (disambiguation).
    [TABLE="class: infobox biota, width: 200"]
    [TR]
    [TH="bgcolor: #D3D3A4, colspan: 2, align: center"]Armadillo
    Temporal range: Paleocene-Recent, 58.7–0MaЄ
    O
    S
    D
    C
    P
    T
    J
    K
    Pg
    N

[/TH]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2, align: center"][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2, align: center"]Nine-banded armadillo, Dasypus novemcinctus[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH="bgcolor: #D3D3A4, colspan: 2, align: center"]Scientific classification[/TH]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Kingdom:[/TD]
    [TD]Animalia[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Phylum:[/TD]
    [TD]Chordata[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Class:[/TD]
    [TD]Mammalia[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Superorder:[/TD]
    [TD]Xenarthra[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Order:[/TD]
    [TD]Cingulata[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Family:[/TD]
    [TD]Dasypodidae
    Gray, 1821[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH="bgcolor: #D3D3A4, colspan: 2, align: center"]Genera[/TH]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]See text
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nine-banded armadillo skeleton​

Armadillos are New World placental mammals with a leathery armor shell. The Dasypodidae are the only surviving family in the order Cingulata, part of the superorder Xenarthra, along with the anteaters and sloths. The word armadillo means "little armored one" in Spanish. The Aztecs called themāyōtōchtli [aːjoː'toːt͡ʃt͡ɬi], Nahuatl for “turtle-rabbitâ€:[SUP][1][/SUP] āyōtl ['aːjoːt͡ɬ] (turtle) and tōchtli ['toːt͡ʃt͡ɬi] (rabbit).[SUP][1][/SUP]
    About 10 extant genera and 20 extant species of armadillo have been described, some of which are distinguished by the number of bands on their armor. Their average length is about 75 cm (30 in), including tail. The giant armadillo grows up to 150 cm (59 in) and weighs up to 59 kg (130 lb), while the pink fairy armadillo is a diminutive species, with an overall length of 12 to 15 cm (5 to 6 in). All species are native to the Americas, where they inhabit a variety of environments.
    Like all other xenarthran lineages, armadillos originated in South America. Due to the continent's former isolation they were confined there for most of theCenozoic. The recent formation of the Isthmus of Panama allowed a few members of the family to migrate northward into southern North America by the early Pleistocene, as part of the Great American Interchange.[SUP][2][/SUP] (Some of their much larger cingulate relatives, the pampatheres and glyptodonts, made the same journey.[SUP][2][/SUP])
    Today, all extant armadillos species are still present in South America. They are particularly diverse in Paraguay (where eleven species exist) and surrounding areas. Many species are endangered. Some, including four species of Dasypus, are widely distributed over the Americas, whereas others, such as Yepes's mulita, are restricted to small ranges. Two species, the northern naked-tailed armadillo and nine-banded armadillo, are found in Central America; the latter has also reached the United States, primarily in the south-central states (notably Texas), but with a range that extends as far east asSouth Carolina and Florida, and as far north as Nebraska and midwestern Kansas. Their range has consistently expanded in North America over the last century due to a lack of natural predators. They have been found as far north as southern Illinois.[SUP][3][/SUP]

20. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    [h=1]Reward offered in Willie Nelson armadillo theft[/h]Ned P. Rauch, The (Westchester County, N.Y.) Journal News11:24 p.m. EDT September 25, 2013
    [​IMG]
    (Photo: Cheryl Evans, The Arizona Republic)
    [h=3]STORY HIGHLIGHTS[/h]
    • Mounted animal, known as Ol' Dillo, taken after Port Chester, N.Y., show
    • Texas Roadhouse offers $1,000 gift card for information
    • Ol' Dillo belonged to member of Nelson's stage crew

SHARE 40CONNECT
    29TWEET
    1COMMENTEMAILMORE

PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Time is running out for the armadillo bandit.
    Mounting clues include pictures, a lead on the suspect's name and her possible companion, and witnesses. Also gathering on the horizon: a posse of angry Willie Nelson fans and an enticing reward.
    Tom Bailey, manager of the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, said he and his staff have several clear images of the woman suspected of making off with Ol' Dillo, a mounted armadillo belonging to a member of Willie Nelson's stage crew, after Nelson's Sept. 19 show.
    "We now are quite clear as to what the perpetrator looks like," he said. "We're going to close this thing up right and get that armadillo back to Mr. Nelson."