When did you turn on the Wig ?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Honkey Donkey, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When did you get sick of Howard and his BS ?

The first slide was his divorce.
    Next , when Billy and the Jokeman left.
    The twist of the knife was when he met the Whorse Beffarino and started talking about
    Nobu .

I also started to lose interest in the show when he was claiming Bush W was out to get him.
    That went on and on and was so tired. He sucked up to John Kerry who had already signed the
    FCC legistation he was so scared of . Bush had not even signed off on it again.
    Im sure no president gives or ever gave two shits about the Wig.
    Obama has gone on tons of shows but not the Wig show.
    He isnt a factor in anything these days.
    Podcasts have more of an impact than the wig shit show.
    Im sure Obama thinks he is a jackass.

The final for me it was when he signed the last contract and went to 3 days.
    After that he was just phoning it in with no content.

When did bail ?

2. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Two words. "Gag order"

3. Honkey Donkey

Reputations:
    See, I didnt know about that until I started listening to O and A .

The Jackie chair likes this.
  4. Summer

Summer Shed Punisher VIP

Reputations:
    The divorce. Getting rid of Jackie. Hooking up with Beth. Going to Sirius was it. I was done anyway but it was an easy out.

5. bennymuso

bennymuso Italian by name, British by nature

Reputations:
    When i came to this forum.

6. Honkey Donkey

Reputations:
    Thats good.
    I had to find this forum because any other Stern group would kick me out as soon
    as I goofed on the Whorse or pointed out what a fake the Wig is.
    Here that kind of stuff is welcome.
    Im so thankful that arm called in Ron and Fez and mentioned the Shed so i could
    find my way here. F all other Stern groups.
    I have not been back to any of them since I joined the Shed in Dec.
    The best people to goof on the Wig with are X- Stern fans .

7. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It was a slow progression for me. I started to see the chinks in his armor in the dickish things he did to people. The turning point was the divorce. I thought, okay, we'll no longer get to hear about his miserable domestic life, but at least we will all share in the tales of his new bachelorhood. The most honest man in radio then decided to clam up. Then the Jackie incident. That was a hit the show never really recovered from and one that could have easily avoided. I bought into his bullshit for the last time with the move over to Sirius. I followed him over expecting great things. All that happened was they could all drop the F-Bomb. Wow, cutting edge radio. I bailed out a year after that and have watched his steady decline with morbid fascination at first at SFN and later Dawgs..

8. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Pretty much when Artie left. It just wasn't funny after that.

9. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    After Artie left I started listening to ETM clips on YouTube. Hearing him talk about the syndicate and all the drama on SFN made me want to go check out the site. I was banned writhin a week, but I saw mentions of this site in hushed tones. Been here ever since. Watching the clip of Sal "cry" when he thought they might not resign and knew the show was dead in the water. Never listened to another second that didn't include ETM, and even he was neutered by the end. Photoshops, wig threads, anger, this site has it all.

10. RONNIE THE CLAW

RONNIE THE CLAW Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I don't listen to O and A. A gag order stopping them from talking about Wiggy? What do you mean?

11. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, wut he said.

RONNIE THE CLAW likes this.
  12. RONNIE THE CLAW

RONNIE THE CLAW Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Thanx! Stern is some revolutionary, huh?

Shortwave98 and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  13. Exit136

Exit136 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I started to lose interest in the Wig when he ran for Governor, then had to withdraw because he refused to disclose his finances. And then what other people are saying here, the divorce, Billy, Jackie, Sirius, etc.

RONNIE THE CLAW likes this.
  14. SomerSky

SomerSky Obsessed with what I hate Banned User

Reputations:
    I'm going to do an entire show just about this subject, and will need some people to call in and voice their opinions...that means YOU guys @Honkey Donkey @RONNIE THE CLAW and @Exit136 :)

15. mape

mape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Too many to list. But you can start when he said "I piss on my fans".....:dontknow:

16. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    You pretty much nailed my descent. Although I actually stopped for like 4 years after the FCC / Bush / Sirius hype shitfest in '04. But I caught back up from 2006 onward. Stopped about two shows into 2011.

17. Lster

Lster Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Artie's suicide attempt and Howard just completely ignoring the guy but still profiting off all the contributions Artie gave the show did it to me.

I'm amazed I kept listening to Stern during that 2004 election cycle. He turned the show into a fucking leftist version of Limbaugh and just couldn't stop whining about Bush.

The Jackie chair and codeine like this.
  18. Javaforgotme

Javaforgotme Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    If Stern stayed true to the comedy elements of the show - I wouldn't care about the other stuff. Sure his show has to evolve as social norms evolve, but he's made no valid attempt to back fill Artie nor has he seriously tried to maintain a real comedy writing staff.

Hiring Elisa as a writer? Having Benjy as the primary writer ? Keeping Sal and Richard (and others) around even though their material is tired and repetitive - all signs of his complacency and ego.

Once Artie left the show Stern decided he could do it all without a real Comedy staff. For me that was the turn for the worse.

How funny is it that Stern used to be thought of as a Free Speech stalwart - mainstream News pieces used to start off with him as "Shock Jock". He hasn't been that for years. And now his legacy can't even be based on AGT.

Stern's career is just another "popcorn fart" in the evolution of entertainment. (kudos to Rodney).

19. SlinkyNeckStern

SlinkyNeckStern High Pitch Mike Lookalike

Reputations:

I am so glad you brought that up. It didn't cause me to turn on him. And I don't know that I've ever turned on him. It's just the show sucks now. But that moment was an all time "WTF" moment for me regarding Howard. Here is George Bush dealing with the still fresh after effects of 9/11 and two new wars and Howard actually thought that he was a prevalent part of the president's life. He actually thought that Michael Powell was out to shut him up due to an edict from Bush. "Ohh, you gotta get that Stern fella for me Mike!" LOL! Howard also crowed about how he would single handedly bring the Presidency to Kerry. I remember he said something like "laugh now, and ask the mayor and governor of NY what I can do for you." This isn't a politics thing for me. It's about his megalomania. Nobody other than Bobo and a select few other retards is going to base their vote on what Howard tells them to do. What a weirdo.

Lster, pilo, Trophy Knife and 4 others like this.
  20. EvolvedMarbles

EvolvedMarbles Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    After the last lawsuit you could hear the change in the show. He didn't get his way and he tantrumed for a while, then stopped giving a shit.

I've posted before that it's too bad things went this way but I've come this far...I can at least I can come here and witness the devolution.